Thailand reports another record high of 14,575 coronavirus cases and 114 deaths

webfact

30 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

#PhuketSandbox update on Friday: Another 18 local cases but no sandbox cases with 145 patients in hospital.

WEEK 1: 25 cases

WEEK 2: 47 cases

WEEK 3: 58 cases

WEEK 4: 36 local + 2 sandbox in two days

TOTAL: 147 local and 21 sandbox

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1418584505829314568

Are you able to find any info on where yesterday’s and today’s cases were located? I can’t find anything on it

17 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Still no new deaths for at least 9 days. On the other hand a lot more people are entering the hospital than are leaving. 

According to the authorities, there were barely any cases in June. Hence very few deaths in July.

• Like 1

Just now, wensiensheng said:

Are you able to find any info on where yesterday’s and today’s cases were located? I can’t find anything on it

There are some timeline graphics here but all in Thai, being a graphic I can't do Google translate.

https://www.facebook.com/NewshawkPhuket/posts/2953947714855065

My view is that these cases are going to start to increase and measures will have to be implemented soon. 

8 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Exactly. Mixing up data from different provinces says little. We need to look at the individual deep reds. If their case loads are peaking/declining then lockdowns are working. If not, we've a problem.

Edited by Why Me
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

There are some timeline graphics here but all in Thai, being a graphic I can't do Google translate.

https://www.facebook.com/NewshawkPhuket/posts/2953947714855065

My view is that these cases are going to start to increase and measures will have to be implemented soon. 

There’s clearly some community spread. If it isn’t stopped, then it will continue. Simple as that. It won’t just stop by itself.

my concern is that the authorities will see it as a sandbox decision, when actually the sandbox is irrelevant. Previously this level of cases would have triggered a response in terms of closures etc. this time should be no different. Doesn’t make any difference if tourists are here or not.

I don’t know what it’s like where you are, but in Rawai everything is open, bars, restaurants, massage shops, saunas. Just that bars and restaurants close at 9pm. But Covid spreads anytime.

• Like 2

I hear terrifying news from my wife...It seems thais are completely <deleted>scared about corona.

People being thrown out of their condos by landlords or even villages for having corona, I mean, there is no <deleted> risk of contamination, as long as the infected person is in isolation?

This is the result of the perverse agenda of Thai Government, spreading fear to control (predominantly uneducated) people, now they think corona is a dead sentence...

Edited by drenddy

Would appear hard restrictions having no affect, perhaps time to ban all alcohol sales , as everything else has been applied and failed .

before one of the alcoholics has a fit, it was sarcasm, clearly has nothing to do with alcohol , bar closure did nothing to stop it, limiting alcohol sales did nothing to stop it, banning alcohol sales in the restaurants did nothing to stop it and alcohol restrictions was first thing they did 

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

There’s clearly some community spread. If it isn’t stopped, then it will continue. Simple as that. It won’t just stop by itself.

my concern is that the authorities will see it as a sandbox decision, when actually the sandbox is irrelevant. Previously this level of cases would have triggered a response in terms of closures etc. this time should be no different. Doesn’t make any difference if tourists are here or not.

I don’t know what it’s like where you are, but in Rawai everything is open, bars, restaurants, massage shops, saunas. Just that bars and restaurants close at 9pm. But Covid spreads anytime.

Yea same in here in Laguna area, all open as normal. It seems keeping bars restaurants and everything else open is more important than education here as all Thai schools have been ordered closed.

15 minutes ago, drenddy said:

This is the result of the perverse agenda of Thai Government, spreading fear

All Thais I've talked to are seething with rage at those in charge. More than incompetence as the cause of the current debacle they say it's corruption. The vaccine deals that were done and not done were to line pockets. "Sino give money, Moderna, Pfizer don't care give money. Poor Thai man die no problem."

They are probably right. The junta running the show wasn't put in place by the people so they give a rat's a*ss about the people. They know exactly who they are beholden to and whose welfare comes first.

If this horrible phase leads to some change in Thai politics (not holding my breath) then we might be able to look back at it with some satisfaction.

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

According to the authorities, there were barely any cases in June. Hence very few deaths in July.

That could be the reason. Or it could be that vaccination levels have reached a tipping point. I guess we'll know pretty soon.

7 hours ago, placeholder said:

Still no new deaths for at least 9 days. On the other hand a lot more people are entering the hospital than are leaving. 

What's happening here is this delta variant is many times more contagious than previous variants, while not more lethal. If the common flu were as contagious as the delta and so affecting much more of the general and unhealthy population. In my opinion all these numbers/data would look the same. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1