First elderly foreigners vaccinated at Bang Sue station - good news for those aged 60 plus throughout the country

webfact

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Foreign ministry spokesman Thanee Saengrat announced that 73 foreign nationals living in Bangkok and surrounding areas aged 75 and over have already been vaccinated at the Bang Sue Grand Central Station vaccination center since Monday. 

And so far 627 foreigners aged 60 and above have registered for jabs at the center. 

Now comes news that 60+ people living outside Bangkok and the greater metro area can get vaccinated too in their areas.

Daily News pictured one apparent foreigner giving a V for victory sign at the station.

The over 75s can just walk-in without registering using doors 2,3 or 4 between 9am and 4 pm. They should have their passport, proof of their visa, residence documentation or perhaps work permit. 

Interpreter volunteers are on hand to help. 

Since the 19th 73 people had been jabbed, said Thanee. 

The other group being accepted at the station are those aged 60 and over living in Bangkok, Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani and Samut Sakhon. 

They need to register first at https://forms.gle/ULAqvx8eiDoX3v5Q9 and when they have an appointment go to the station at Door 2 with their documents.

300 a day will be jabbed and so far 627 have registered, said Thanee, as of Wednesday at 8.50am. 

For foreigners aged 60 and over living outside Bangkok and the other provinces they can inquire about vaccinations at health offices and hospitals in the areas in which they reside. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright ASEAN NOW 2021-07-23

- Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Crossy said:

A whole seventy-three (73) jabs out of >600 registrations!

We're all saved!

It's a start, hopefully jabbing will accelerate faster than the virus!

Perhaps that's just due to the number of eligible people turning up as opposed to anything to do with the speed of the process needing to be accelerated?

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

A whole seventy-three (73) jabs out of >600 registrations!

We're all saved!

It's a start, hopefully jabbing will accelerate faster than the virus!

Deliberately misread. 73 over 75 yo. No mention of how many 60-75 have been done.

• Like 1

Hi, I also registered Wednesday around 11:45 A.M. no confirmation or appointment e-mail yet. In regards to paper work needed 1. Passport - OK ,

2. Proof of Visa ? Isn't that in the passport? , 3. Residence documentation ? I live in same place for years.  What will I need will mail addressed to my address and name do or house book copy with letter from wife and copy of her I.D. ? Anyone that has a idea what is required?  

'For foreigners aged 60 and over living outside Bangkok and the other provinces they can inquire about vaccinations at health offices and hospitals in the areas in which they reside'

Why is this 'good news for those living outside the centre of the Universe(Bangkok)'?

Of course we can enquire about vaccinations, but the answeris always the same 'foreigners must wait, Thais first'

Is no one listening in Control HQ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sattahip said:

Deliberately misread. 73 over 75 yo. No mention of how many 60-75 have been done.

Not a deliberate misread, definitely a misread.

That said with no mention of how many 60-75 have been done I would suggest it's a big-fat zero otherwise they'd be broadcasting it to the moon and back.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

But that was ONLY available in BKK and surrounding areas. Nothing about elderly foreigners in the rest of Thailand. 

Last paragraph of the OP:-

For foreigners aged 60 and over living outside Bangkok and the other provinces they can inquire about vaccinations at health offices and hospitals in the areas in which they reside. 

As @Havenstreet1940 notes, the result of enquiring will, for many, be "Thai's first, go away" ???? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Not a deliberate misread, definitely a misread.

That said with no mention of how many 60-75 have been done I would suggest it's a big-fat zero otherwise they'd be broadcasting it to the moon and back.

heavens what a ....

My mate and two of his friends together with two Thai ladies who were carers for them had the AZ jab at Bang Sue on Wednesday morning.

They all live in Pattaya and are over 75, not the ladies who were circa mid 40's.

Edited by Pumpuynarak
  • Like 2

i live in songkhla 71 old 

i went to new hospital near ko yor  thurs i had hospital member pass copy passport they filled details on computer 

gave me a printed copy to take to main sports stadium with number

told me next week we will phone you what day 

quick all under 10 mins

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lujanit said:

Form does not load for me.  I tried two different devices.

I finally figured it out.  I had to set my VPN to Bangkok and the site loaded immediately.  My VPN is usually set to a streaming site in the USA.

Registered in a couple of minutes.  Now the wait begins.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Foreign ministry spokesman Thanee Saengrat announced that 73 foreign nationals living in Bangkok and surrounding areas aged 75 and over have already been vaccinated at the Bang Sue Grand Central Station vaccination center since Monday.

But we're treated fairly we're told????

• Sad 1

So i have for 18 months been careful and respected those around me, now at 72 undergoing cancer treatment (radiation) self paid so no burden to anybody i am expected to drive to  Bkk go into the Lions den almost certainly have to overnight,  (maybe i could sleep in one of the many worker camps) and then drive back home which is North of Udon Thani, when my 2 thai step daughters 19 and 21 had there first Astra last week only 10 minutes from the house.  I don't expect or want special treatment or be a burden when i am seeking  a respirator, footnote to the locals here who feel i should go home to get the jabs, if i snuff it the monthly pension also stops, so those who have and are benefiting from this dirty farang being here please take note, sister in law included????????

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Let me see if I have this correct. I am 76 with a heart condition so I can get a free vaccine shot at Ban Sue Grand Central Station in Bangkok. The big problem that I see with this is that I have to leave the safety of my North-Eastern Province and travel to Covid infested Bangkok on a bus that is not running, on a train that is not running, on a plane that is not flying or by car trying to get through the check points without any inoculation papers and then what happens when I return to my home province from a "Dark Red" province? I think I will wait here for the vaccine to come to my province.

Russell17au  yep i confirm you understand it correctly, take care and good luck.

• Like 2