First elderly foreigners vaccinated at Bang Sue station - good news for those aged 60 plus throughout the country

webfact

8 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Let me see if I have this correct. I am 76 with a heart condition so I can get a free vaccine shot at Ban Sue Grand Central Station in Bangkok. The big problem that I see with this is that I have to leave the safety of my North-Eastern Province and travel to Covid infested Bangkok on a bus that is not running, on a train that is not running, on a plane that is not flying or by car trying to get through the check points without any inoculation papers and then what happens when I return to my home province from a "Dark Red" province? I think I will wait here for the vaccine to come to my province.

imo the prudent course. There's no way I would go through all that as your exposure level is tremendous and your attained protection is probably at least 3 weeks after your 2nd dose. You probably have a good chance of dying to get a shot. A fools journey all around. I'm registered locally, when they get to me they get to me. Meanwhile I still see unmasked or half masked  moronic foreigners bouncing around stores here lol...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Emdog said:

I registered two whole days ago. Nary a peep from them regarding appointment, confirmation... nothing

email might show up this afternoon?

email comes from   MFA Foreignvac

Final confirmation comes in the form of an SMS the night before ~ 23:00. Says you need to show the SMS on-site otherwise you will be denied inoculation.

Assume you have to show other stuff too, like passport. Hopefully they detail that in the SMS.

6 hours ago, smedly said:

is Thailand only Bangkok, thanks to this government the virus has spread far and wide, it is not the Bangkok virus

I think you will that it was 'people' spreading Covid. I don't think it was the government.

True in every country.

2 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

My mate and two of his friends together with two Thai ladies who were carers for them had the AZ jab at Bang Sue on Wednesday morning.

They all live in Pattaya and are over 75, not the ladies who were circa mid 40's.

Your mates were all OK because they met the 75+ criteria.

Vaccinating their handlers was simply an act of convenience.

I got turned away to day (mid 60's) along with 3 friends (70-73).

Vaccine shortage was cited so they were doing Thais only outside the 75 years bracket. The assistant we saw referred to a doctor for that answer - others may have got a different response.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

But that was ONLY available in BKK and surrounding areas. Nothing about elderly foreigners in the rest of Thailand. 

I don't think they will find you... make a left at the 7/11 and continue onwards until there are only auntie convenience stores selling from their living room.. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

Of course we can enquire about vaccinations, but the answeris always the same 'foreigners must wait, Thais first'

As far as I'm concerned, the Thai Government does NOT owe me a vaccination-------UNLESS, it is using vaccines that were donated by the American people. In fact, the only government I have an issue with right now concerning vaccines is the United States government. I say this because the U.S. government has sent, is sending, and will send vaccines to foreign nationals overseas while it ignores its own expatriates who are living abroad. Now, that having been said, I did receive my first jab of AstraZeneca on the 28th of June in Bangkok and for that I thank the Thai government, and the people of Thailand.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Crossy said:

Last paragraph of the OP:-

As @Havenstreet1940 notes, the result of enquiring will, for many, be "Thai's first, go away" ???? 

My wife and I registered at the local clinic (of the local hospital) 5 or 6 weeks ago. I was even registered with my pink ID card. after a few days my wife got  call saying that she would get a Sinovac jab but nothing since, Nothing about me in the call so I went to the clinic a couple of weeks ago and was told that they have no vaccinations and have no idea when any will arrive.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Charles F Stuart said:

As an over 75 went to Bang Sue station yesterday from Pattaya, arrived Gate 1 contacted a volunteer who showed me to a seated area in the station concourse where I had my BP checked then onto further 3 catchment areas 1 fill form for medical history which was in Thai, no problem an interpreter was on hand,  next info put on database, next inoculation, finally 30 minute recovery. Left station 1 1/2 hours after arrival. An appointment form for next inoculation was issued at stage 4.

Documents I provided Passport and Thai driving license

Vaccine was AstraZeneca-1

From massive apprehension to delight in ninety mins. As good as any service offered by NHS UK for similar procedure, free too!

Thank you Thailand and all people involved.

My form was in English. Only passport asked for. Supposed to go to Gate 2, that's why form in Thai not English.

I received e-mail inoculation on Sunday, 25 JULY 2021 (from 1300 - 1700 hrs) at the Central Vaccination Center - Bangsue Station ( Gate 1 )

Final confirmation will be sent to you via sms by 23.00hrs on SATURDAY, 24 JULY 2021 by the Central Vaccination Center - Bangsue Grand Station. You need to present the sms on-site, otherwise you will be denied inoculation.

I  received sms but it is all in Thai so I just thought it was just for confirmation. I got ready to leave the house with my wife and asked her to check the sms because it is all in Thai. She said it is saying that my appointment is at 5:00 P.M. and we don't have to go till then. I thought it was anytime from 1:00 - 5:00 P.M. but she told me appointment is at 5:00 P.M. only. so I need to wait around another 4 hours befor heading up that way.   

20 minutes ago, HNLDennis said:

so I need to wait around another 4 hours befor heading up that way. 

I would get there early, just in case your lady is wrong and it's 1-5PM.

I got up to Bangsue around 4:30 for 5:00 appointment 25 July Sunday. E-mail said gate 1 but when I got there they said go to gate 2. Traffic was real bad and large crowd, asked a army guy if I was at the right place and showed him my appointment on phone. He said yes and sent me to a que of chairs to wait to get in. Once in had to que to get appointment , passport checked and given a form to fill out for medical history (bring your own pen to fill out). When done on to another Que to wait to get to the person who enters your info into computer and get issued Vaccination sheet with next date for second shot. Mine is 17/10/64 nurse changed it to 17/10/2021 at 17:00. On to the nurse and received the shot and told to go to next area and wait 30 minutes before leaving. I saw people going to a desk with their paper and them stamping it so I did the same. I checked the exit early before the time was up and they had people checking paper work to make sure you stayed long enough. By the time I left the people checking at the exit were leaving. I got into the slowest que to have info inputted to computer and when I got up to the number 2 chair the slow person left and another person took over and it got faster. All in all it took me 2 hours crowed but a lot of people to help and speak English. Best to have complete home address, height in centimeters and weight in kilo grams written down for person inputting your info. .     

On 7/23/2021 at 2:09 PM, bedbugy said:

i live in songkhla 71 old 

i went to new hospital near ko yor  thurs i had hospital member pass copy passport they filled details on computer 

gave me a printed copy to take to main sports stadium with number

told me next week we will phone you what day 

quick all under 10 mins