Poultry plant in Thailand’s Phetchabun closed after 1,600 workers infected with COVID-19

I suspect many old boilers became infected first,  it's a real cluck up when a factory full of chicken pluckers become pecked by this virus.  I bet the management fowl up on this has caused quite a roast in the pecking order.   It will be scratching to see if they get any coin from the shutdown, however probably chicken feed so not enough to keep the bank manager at bay.

25 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

probably a heat register gun from 30ft !

Even at close range asymptomatic carriers would be unlikely to have fever or body temperature that would be detected even by state of the art scanners. Unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Did I read somewhere that even frozen food can be contaminated with covid and passed onto the consumer, or did I dream that  ? Serious question, not a wind up.

The Chinese were blaming imported Norwegian salmon for it a year ago or so.  Disproved I believe.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2021 at 7:41 PM, Dmaxdan said:

What a fowl up!

I predict a shortage of chicken in all the supermarkets as from next week.

Not sure if it has anything to do with this factory closure but, Sunday morning my small local  Lotus convenience store had no chicken products on the shelf...

21 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

I agree with your statement.

I don’t understand your question “is it”. Seems to me that your statement simply confirms what I said, which is that it’s strange that factory workers  aren’t being tested regularly as they are a proven infection point.

I meant it's not strange that they aren't being tested;  brown envelopes are preventing it since it will damage profits.

2 hours ago, RocketDog said:

I meant it's not strange that they aren't being tested;  brown envelopes are preventing it since it will damage profits.

Perhaps it’s brown envelopes, more likely to me is simple non compliance with any regulations, if such regulations even exist, and zero monitoring for compliance. I’m not even sure who would be responsible for such compliance.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2021 at 8:35 PM, Denim said:

Saha farms have more than 1 factory in this part of Thailand. There is another big one on route 21. Its a fair bet that if they start testing there they will find another large cluster equally big.

Cats well and truly out of the bag now and this governments bungling is to blame.

This one is well in the north of Lopburi  province , with a large Betagro chicken factory closed , and another one in the area shut ,not so far away ,the price of chicken could rise .

But I have been told output from both factories ,a lot goes for export ,that will not help Thailand balance of payments .