Bangkok people coming to Jomtien condo every weekend...what to do

ronjomtien

On 7/24/2021 at 11:15 PM, richard_smith237 said:

I know a few who have had covid… 

Most were ok, no or mild to moderate cold symptoms. 

Others more severe, stuck in bed for a week. 

A couple of others hospitalized, one friend (late 40s healthy) in ICU but not quite at the ventilator stage (was told he was close). 

One guy had mild symptoms & pre-existing asthma.. his asthma is now gone & his lung capacity improved !!! Go figure…

Here’s a point for all the people who say it’s just a mild flu… You probably had it !!!! 

40F522F5-D533-4EC0-AE81-E93989E4BFD1.jpeg

If that large study is treu covid must be raging for decades . 

1 minute ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

It is if it's your condo and you own it and you live in this country . Not if your a real tourist . OP knows these people own those comdo's and have as much rights as him being there i hope . Soon he doesn't want people from other streets surrounding his to walk thru his neighbourhood . 

It is as I stated not a legitimate need to travel and is banned!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, JensenZ said:

The nanny states will have their day of reckoning IMO due to billion and trillion dollar printing sprees that will one way or another need to be paid off, and most likely by a wholesale dilution of the value of money, possibly causing hyperinflation. The printing presses have only borrowed some time. Thailand has not been using the printing press to help out, which will come with some advantages in the future. On a worldwide comparison I think Thailand is doing quite well. It might be time to stock up on baht.

Stock away Jensen , put it next to your toiletpaper . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Darkside Gray said:

It is as I stated not a legitimate need to travel and is banned!

As i stated , if you own the condo it is a legitimate reason . Or is it not legitimate to stay at your own property ?? Then maybe you should move from wherever you are staying as well as you stated that that isn't legitimate . Maybe if you go shopping and want to return to your property they should stop you from going there as in your own words it is not legitimate to travel to your own property .

• Sad 2

48 minutes ago, Gillyflower said:

I would be VERY worried if they were 'farting' .  I just read a few minutes ago in A Plymouth paper that 'farting' in a closed space can spread Covid.  So a Brit minister says.

Front page of the Daily Star today.

1712523853_Dailystarpongdemic.png.5e6d888feff71adaa3a50ac6dc1e01e4.png

On 7/24/2021 at 8:51 PM, ronjomtien said:

We ride with them in the lifts but they touch many common things.

Surfaces? Low risk.  Breathing the same air.  Different story.

But the canard that you contract Covid from surfaces is so well programmed now in the mass consciousness of the general public that it will probably never change regardless of the evidence.

"Quantitative microbial risk assessment (QMRA) studies have been conducted to understand and characterize the relative risk of SARS-CoV-2 fomite transmission and evaluate the need for and effectiveness of prevention measures to reduce risk. Findings of these studies suggest that the risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection via the fomite transmission route is low, and generally less than 1 in 10,000, which means that each contact with a contaminated surface has less than a 1 in 10,000 chance of causing an infection."

A. M. Wilson, M. H. Weir, S. F. Bloomfield, E. A. Scott and K. A. Reynold, “Modeling COVID-19 infection risks for a single hand-to-fomite scenario and potential risk reductions offered by surface disinfection,” American Journal of Infection Control, vol. Article In Press, pp. 1-3, 2020.
A. P. Harvey, E. R. Fuhrmeister, M. E. Cantrell, A. K. Pitol, S. J. M, J. E. Powers, M. L. Nadimpalli, T. R. Julian and A. J. Pickering, “Longitudinal monitoring of SARS-CoV-2 RNA on high-touch surfaces in a community setting,” Environmental Science & Technology Letters, pp. 168-175, 2020.
A. K. Pitol and T. R. Julian, “Community transmission of SARS-CoV-2 by fomites: Risks and risk reduction strategies,” Environmental Science and Technology Letters, 2020.

1 hour ago, sucit said:

If you have that opinion, simple, don’t travel. 

people are forgetting the most simple things in any society… you know that little stuff that says you don’t really get to tell other people what to do, esp complete strangers. If u don’t like any of it, you are free to isolate at home. 

LOL. Seems there are plenty now that think they have some sort of "right" to tell other people what to do.

They need reminding that they don't. Only the cops can do that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

On 7/24/2021 at 9:11 PM, Chris.B said:

Phone Chonburi Provincial Health.

They need permission to cross provinces. 

If they own that condo its permission enough unfortunately.

There probably just as afraid of catch COVID-19 from you as you are of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, connda said:

Since March 2020 know one person who got it and it manifested as a mild flu.  Extended family member in the US.  She literally beat herself to death with worry that she had infected the entire family and could only comprehend the worse.  That mental stress and undeserved guilt really messed her up emotionally.
No one else got sick.  Not her friends, not our family.

So I agree.  In actuality the mental stress that most here put themselves through, quite willingly, is probably more dangerous to their health than contracting Covid.  But this has taken on almost cult-like attributes and there is no changing the minds and beliefs of the most fearful.  I feel sorry for them actually.

Good post...up to this point anyway. ????

• Sad 1

On 7/24/2021 at 10:26 PM, MayBeNow said:

Some people look around them and think: 'i go on with my life because its supposedly a pandemic but how come i do not know anyone thats died of it and the ones that got it said it was like a mild flu'. And if you happen to know someone that died of it that person was with one leg in the grave anyway. 

Chill out, watch less tv, read the covid threads on thaivisa with bemusement and you will be surprised how little changed.

Excellent guidance. In addition:

Strenuously reject any information not conforming to your reality filters. Don't go near any Wats with crematoria. Above all, do not associate or talk with any person howsoever involved in any Frontline Healthcare capacity.

No point in needlessly soiling your mental nappies. 

Only people with wills of iron and titanium blinkers can long ignore the reality around them.

Maybe someday you will receive the recognition that you deserve for your laser focus of perception. .

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Darkside Gray said:

Staying a weekend at your Pattaya condo is not a legitimate need to travel!

"Necessary" travel is allowed and can be declared by registering the journey.  How could you possibly know if someone's journey is necessary or not?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 7/24/2021 at 9:48 PM, TimBKK said:

Brand the Bangkokian’s with a Scarlet B so that they are easy to identify, hell we don’t want them in Bang Lamung any more than you do in Jomtien!  Next, divert some of the vaccine monies to build a wall at the Chon Buri province border, only to pass if you can prove full vaccination.  And Sinovac ain’t cuttin’ it, no matter what the Overlords say.

And Sinovac ain’t cuttin’ it, no matter what the Overlords say.

Was that the reason some were caught hoarding millions of vaccinations that were "cuttin' " it through?

Ironically... with an intentional shortage created, the stuff that weren't cuttin' it made the rounds liberally, and now some are nervous about the spreading of the virus by those who received those (supposed to be inferior) vaccinations.

Oh God, help us... human beings!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 7/24/2021 at 1:16 PM, JensenZ said:

You might want to consider using the stairs. Of all places the lift is probably one of the most likely places to catch a dose.

100%.

Small enclosed space, significant duration - if he does one thing it should be avoiding that situation. 

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, JensenZ said:

It's a matter of degree. Obviously without constant government handouts as in most Western Nations where you're paid not to work, the cost of bailout is very low by comparison. 

Compared to the USA yes . Compared to other western countries it’s on par . Every country in the world is doing it . My question is , if we can live for free off money that doesn’t really exist then why do we pay tax ? 

7 hours ago, ronjomtien said:

The air in Chiang Mai winter was so bad I was in ICU 2 years straight till I got out of there for the season. I can die from the flu or colds but for some reason don't get them anymore. I can surely die next day if I had covid.

Replace all your sugar with organic honey and you will see a dramatic improvement in your breathing .I have not had a cold or breathing issues in years I have worked all the way through the covid situating as a key worker and not once got even the slightest bit sick . 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, samtam said:

Can I propose a very simple solution, which we have strictly implemented in our condo:

Only 1 person in each lift at any one time, or only same people from the same unit at the same time.

On top of that we have all the other protocols/paraphernalia; lifts are santisied regularly throughout the day; we have a special coating on lift call buttons; hand sanitisers in lift lobbies; face masks worn at all times in all public areas, etc.

We also have a very hands on approach to lift usage control by CCTV; this is for the 3 occasions when we have had Covid cases in the building. We are able to determine time lines of the infected persons, and then track and trace, send to hospital or quarantine.

It might seem like a "simple solution" if you ignored the evidence that Covid-19 is spread by aerosols. Walking into a lift that a covid-19 infected person had just left does expose the person to the SARS-CoV-2 virus. The more badly ventilated the lift, the higher the risk. A long 30-floor ride increases the likelihood of the air being tainted.

https://first10em.com/covid-19-is-spread-by-aerosols-an-evidence-review/

https://www.ijidonline.com/action/showPdf?pii=S1201-9712(20)30739-6

Granted, your "simple solution" would definitely lower the risk of infection, and a good surgical mask or preferably an N95 mask, further lower the risk.

• Like 1