Bangkok people coming to Jomtien condo every weekend...what to do

ronjomtien

14 hours ago, Darkside Gray said:

It is as I stated not a legitimate need to travel and is banned!

How did they get into Pattaya?  Did they just chat with the cops at the checkpoint, throw a 1,000 baht note in the hand?  Did the get a letter of travel from somebody? 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, PMinThailand said:

The parking lot of my condo fills up with Bangkok registered cars every weekend. Obviously the check points are totally useless!

Have you come across any....? I don't do long rod trips now but few short ones into town, I have not had a check point to contend with (use Railway Line Bypass). Many people post of heading towards Bangkok without encountering any too. 

I have no doubt many escape Bangkok for weekends as you claim. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, connda said:

Surfaces? Low risk.  Breathing the same air.  Different story.

But the canard that you contract Covid from surfaces is so well programmed now in the mass consciousness of the general public that it will probably never change regardless of the evidence.

"Quantitative microbial risk assessment (QMRA) studies have been conducted to understand and characterize the relative risk of SARS-CoV-2 fomite transmission and evaluate the need for and effectiveness of prevention measures to reduce risk. Findings of these studies suggest that the risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection via the fomite transmission route is low, and generally less than 1 in 10,000, which means that each contact with a contaminated surface has less than a 1 in 10,000 chance of causing an infection."

A. M. Wilson, M. H. Weir, S. F. Bloomfield, E. A. Scott and K. A. Reynold, “Modeling COVID-19 infection risks for a single hand-to-fomite scenario and potential risk reductions offered by surface disinfection,” American Journal of Infection Control, vol. Article In Press, pp. 1-3, 2020.
A. P. Harvey, E. R. Fuhrmeister, M. E. Cantrell, A. K. Pitol, S. J. M, J. E. Powers, M. L. Nadimpalli, T. R. Julian and A. J. Pickering, “Longitudinal monitoring of SARS-CoV-2 RNA on high-touch surfaces in a community setting,” Environmental Science & Technology Letters, pp. 168-175, 2020.
A. K. Pitol and T. R. Julian, “Community transmission of SARS-CoV-2 by fomites: Risks and risk reduction strategies,” Environmental Science and Technology Letters, 2020.

Usage is important. If one picks their nose or bites their fingernails or for whatever reason keeps putting their hands in their mouths, than surely that increases chances of getting infected more than just passively sitting on or touching surfaces

18 hours ago, connda said:

I know a few people who have contracted Dengue.  Now there is something that concerns me considering I've had it once as has my stepson.  But I won't get vaccinated for that either.  I read the vaccine studies and research and I'm not impressed.  Dengue gives me pause for concern.  Covid?  None at all.  Each to their own.

I didn't know that there was a vaccine for dengue, so I looked it up and there is, but supposed to be only for those had dengue before.

I had 3 strains of dengue over the years. Not much fun at the time, but if corona isn't any worse that that I'm not worried about catching it.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

Replace all your sugar with organic honey and you will see a dramatic improvement in your breathing .I have not had a cold or breathing issues in years I have worked all the way through the covid situating as a key worker and not once got even the slightest bit sick . 

Never use sugar, eat Thai healthy from lady. You not understand bronchiecstasis.

• Like 1

Checkpoints are set up to restrict mobility in the 13 provinces classified as dark-red zones including Bangkok and Chonburi (Pattaya City), to prevent COVID-19 from spreading to other areas.

CCSA Spokesman Dr Thaveesilp Visanuyothin said the checkpoints are being built and more security personnel will man them on all roads linking the 13 provinces with their neighbors from 19 July, to prevent interprovincial travel. Travelers from other provinces into the dark-red zones will also be strictly screened.

3 minutes ago, ronjomtien said:

Checkpoints are set up to restrict mobility in the 13 provinces classified as dark-red zones including Bangkok and Chonburi (Pattaya City), to prevent COVID-19 from spreading to other areas.

CCSA Spokesman Dr Thaveesilp Visanuyothin said the checkpoints are being built and more security personnel will man them on all roads linking the 13 provinces with their neighbors from 19 July, to prevent interprovincial travel. Travelers from other provinces into the dark-red zones will also be strictly screened.

Yes.  Although, so far, there is no evidence that these checkpoints actually exist.   In addition, the form to register an inter-provincial journey which is available online and produces a QR code for the trip, doesn't, currently, require a reason for the journey to be given.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ronjomtien said:

Never use sugar, eat Thai healthy from lady. You not understand bronchiecstasis.

No it’s you that do not understand . Yep points It's believed that the sweetness of honey triggers your salivary glands to produce more saliva. This may lubricate your airways, easing your cough. Honey may also reduce inflammation in the bronchial tubes (airways within the lungs) and help break up mucus that is making it hard for you to breathe.
Using lung tissue from pigs, experts treated grown bacterial infections mimicking those seen in CF patients with Manuka honey. The results showed that it was effective in killing antimicrobial resistant bacteria by 39% compared to 29% for antibiotics, whilst improving the activity of some antibiotics that were unable to function effectively by themselves, honey and antibiotics combined killed 90% of the bacteria tested.

also Thai food is full of sugar . Give it a go instead of being dismissive when someone is trying to help you . Pills won’t fix your whole life it will be short term only . 

Edited by chrisandsu

15 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

No it’s you that do not understand . Yep points It's believed that the sweetness of honey triggers your salivary glands to produce more saliva. This may lubricate your airways, easing your cough. Honey may also reduce inflammation in the bronchial tubes (airways within the lungs) and help break up mucus that is making it hard for you to breathe.
Using lung tissue from pigs, experts treated grown bacterial infections mimicking those seen in CF patients with Manuka honey. The results showed that it was effective in killing antimicrobial resistant bacteria by 39% compared to 29% for antibiotics, whilst improving the activity of some antibiotics that were unable to function effectively by themselves, honey and antibiotics combined killed 90% of the bacteria tested.

also Thai food is full of sugar . Give it a go instead of being dismissive when someone is trying to help you . Pills won’t fix your whole life it will be short term only . 

Don't need armchair doctors. I use for many years and it has prolonged my life and fixed airways. Bromhexine, from 7/11, Panapat Healthcare UECOF tablets, 1 before bedtime and especially Acetylsteine NAC long tablets. Been to so many doctors for 15 years, just keep your advice medically to yourself before asking what someone is using. I ahve the best two lung doctors in thailand so zip it.

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

On 7/27/2021 at 6:56 AM, gk10012001 said:

How did they get into Pattaya?  Did they just chat with the cops at the checkpoint, throw a 1,000 baht note in the hand?  Did the get a letter of travel from somebody? 

no letter, no 1000, I just said that I am here for week end !

• Haha 1

On 7/25/2021 at 12:23 AM, jojothai said:

I suppose you should not have to worry much about Bangkok Covies, based on my observation.
Beach road in Jomtien was fairly empty when I left there for BKK at 5pm Saturday.

Normally on a holiday weekend it would be packed. So where were they?

And there was very little traffic heading from Bangkok on the motorway.

There was clearly more traffic going towards Bangkok.

Traffic heading for BKK is those of us told by the hospitals here to go to BKK for vaccine ????????

• Haha 1

On 7/28/2021 at 10:51 AM, elgenon said:

CDC says it can't be spread by touching surfaces. Have reversed themselves as have learned more.

That was known in 2020.  Nothing has changed since then.  

Edited by Leaver

8 hours ago, sucit said:

Anyone can travel because the country is open to travel except they’ve cancelled buses and planes. They are just acting like you can’t travel otherwise, but you can

On the news this morning, I think BBC, locals can't travel to Phuket, though vaccinated tourists can.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, justmeagain said:

Does anyone think they'll close Swampy down?

3 of my neighbours are in the process of throwing some gear together and locking their Condo's up and heading home to the U.K and Germany to sit it out.....

you have very smart friends !

????