Lockdown birthday! A trip down memory lane as Rooster gets his bus pass

rooster59

Thanks for the Recollections Rooster ... ... And Knowledge. ....

I got to Thailand in later 1983, so you beat me by a year almost ... and by almost 6 yeas in Age ... (I am 65 now) ...

So Yes you started near Soi Nam Duthi ? ... My Wife says that when she was young, she worked on a building sight on the second floor, on that street, some years even before that I think ? ... and she said that the Thai laborer's all used to line up along the edge of it when the early Foreign back packer couples would walk past ! ... And the Thais all smiled and waved ! ... And happily should at them in Thai !!! ... and the couples would be enthralled, ... smiling and waving back .... and taking Photos of all of the cute people ... Only they probably did not realize that the Thais were actually shouting ... "I bet that he has got a Big Dick" !!! .... Still you would have understood that Rooster, and Thanks. ...

(Totally Unconnected and please remove if necessary) ... SBS had a 2 hour Docko on Earnest Hemingway's early life last night !!! ... Like he did it in Paris ... and far enough, on the other side I think ... for an American also ... and well what ever .... What ever the reality of his life ??  ... What ! a Great Writer !!! ... ... like, Great, Poignant Brevity !!! Discovered !!!)

• Like 1

I too can remember Listen with Mother and Andy Pandy - and Bill and Ben ... 555 ... in a terraced house in Sunderland.

And I got my pensioner's ID card a few weeks ago ... 

Retiring soon and it's all a very odd feeling but I sure feel good.

Mentally I still feel like early 50s in attitudes and interests and plans ... physically I'm still in reasonable shape so fingers crossed I'll hold up for a while before serious decrepitude kicks in.

• Like 2

Like you I am from the UK สุขสันต์วันเกิด. Like your rants, always read.  I first came in 84' loved the excitement, that Thai people always give you.  Wonderful people, I have no words I could express for the current government. Married divorced have a Chinese Thai son in uni uk a wonderful Thai ex mum she just had her first AZ jap.  Nice story have a nice day.

• Like 1

Hi Rooster, Long may your chimney smoke. No, I'm an Aussie, my Best Friend is the Scotsman. First time BKK for my 50th. Now 27 years later been here 11 years married to a most wonderful Thai Lady who/whom if not for the Redshirts "playing up" in BKK I would have never met, as my travel friends said let's go elsewhere so we left BKK for Pattaya. It's an ill wind so to speak. All the Best. Phredd

• Like 1

Great article. Happy Birthday. You beat me by 6 months. Arrived in October 1982. It was either 12 or 13 October. Probably 13th knowing my luck. ???? Wasn't the boss at Brit Am Khun Manit? 

Mark mark, I thing you mean soi Ngam Duplee. 

• Like 2

Happy Birthday Mr Rooster.

Always good to reminisce.

Those of us that have travelled well and lived overseas always have an interesting tale or two to tell. I enjoyed yours. Thank you.

Live long and prosper. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

OK, a test for the over 70's. Who remembers Four Feather Falls?

Happy Birthday  Khun Rooster Your still in nappies Twentyfive more years and you'll have caught up with me. Anyway in the mean time DID YOU KNOW that as you GET OLDER your HEARING an your EYESIGHT begin to FAIL.

So what do you think of this MUSICAL BIRTHDAY E-MAIL.

By the way I would like to have your advice on a subject   relating to a Thai Lady that worked in the UK who I helped out as I have some of her childhood goods that I saved Sadly she didn't return and I have not been able to contact her with the details I have. Maybe you can help Can e-mail me at [email protected]