Expats aged over 60 in Bangkok can now book vaccines at Bang Sue Grand Station

webfact

bs.jpg

File photo

Expats aged over 60 who live in Bangkok or neighbouring provinces can now book a vaccine appointment at Bang Sue Grand Station.

Registration can be made online: https://forms.gle/ULAqvx8eiDoX3v5Q9

Those eligible to register are people born in or before 1961 who live in Bangkok, Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan or Samut Sakhon.

For those who register, vaccines will be administered at Bang Sue Grand Station, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) said on Tuesday.

Expats aged over 75 can also receive a walk-in vaccination at Bang Sue Grand Station between 9am and 4pm daily. 

For people living outside of Bangkok, the MFA advised them to contact their local municipality, health authority or government hospital about registering for a vaccine.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright ASEAN NOW 2021-07-21

- Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Emdog said:

Bangkok and surrounding areas only part of Thailand that matters to ruling class.

Maybe because only people who could throw them out if riled enough?

British Chamber of Commerce also circulated this following on UK expats registering with the BCC. I pointed out that this only applies to Bangkok and immediately surrounding provinces but they came back and said any expat can go but I guess we would have to queue with Thais

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Those eligible to register are people born in or before 1961 who live in Bangkok, Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan or Samut Sakhon.

I live in nakhon pathom, I sure as hell will not travel to Bangkok to get my jab... twice

Complete madness.

• Like 1

Is it just me or shouldn’t these number have an actual scientific basis for the cutoff. Why settle for a 10 multiple when there is probably evidence another cutoff will be more effective. I’m 59 btw. 

55 minutes ago, davemos said:

Which vaccine is available ? Are there queues  ? 

Astra Zeneca as advised by the application site.  Don't know about queues as not received a date until they contact me by email.

57 minutes ago, fulhamster said:

Nothing yet in Pattaya

Nothing yet in Pattaya - cannot be emphasized enough again and again. I am as well not aware that the Bangkok Hospital Pattaya has inoculated any foreigners (or mabe only residents or with work permit) as stated in the graphics presented further above - exept the French which was organized by the embassy.

56 minutes ago, davemos said:

Which vaccine is available ? Are there queues  ? 

They talk of million doses either planned or even delivered. But only talk talk talk and print print print and promises promises promises. No action. As for the vaccines Sinovac has been fortunately dropped I think so it is hopefully from AstraZeneca upwards quality-wise. However my wife is only 41 years old and should not get Astra. She will have to wait until Pfizer or Moderna arrives.

There are rumours of a new registration platform for foreigners at the end of this month. I am 65 years plus and have 4 predisopsitions, Not getting a vaccine soon will most probably kill me. It may be likely that all non vaccinated folks will sooner or later contract the Delta variant. Not a question if but only when.

7 minutes ago, sucit said:

Is it just me or shouldn’t these number have an actual scientific basis for the cutoff. Why settle for a 10 multiple when there is probably evidence another cutoff will be more effective. I’m 59 btw. 

You're correct of course, however if they made it 58+ then the 57 year olds would be repeating your message. In reality vaccination appears to be the solution and should be available to all ages ( with limitations due to side effects) as quickly as possible. We all know that's not going to happen.

On a brighter note, be grateful you've not hit 60 or like me closing on 70.  Bad things happen.  Bits fall off and stop working and all you're left with (if you're lucky) is a brain that recalls the good times  ( the good times like when you were 59)

On a personal note, hope they open it up to you and your age group soon.

25 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I live in nakhon pathom, I sure as hell will not travel to Bangkok to get my jab... twice

Complete madness.

I agree. For a flu shot I just can walk in anytime at a small hospital nearby. 10 minutes wait plus shot and payment - all done in 20 minutes at most. It is a matter of organisation or rather the lack of it. Too late, unfortunately.

First off, I think it's horrible that the US did not provide vaccines for our citizens in Thailand.  Absolutely no excuse for that nonsense.  

This notice, however, is a positive sign.  Yeah, it's not Moderna, but it's a step in the right direction.   Regarding the age limit, we did the same here in the US.  In Florida, we started at 75 and up, then 70 and up, then 60 and up, then 50....and then everyone.   It wasn't that long ago in Thailand they opened for 75+, and now they announced 60+.   Yeah, it's too little and it's too late, and they should have done all this long ago, but let's be happy that FINALLY some progress is being made.

Congrats to those who were able to sign up.  

The registration is quite brilliant.

Q. Date of Birth (format 1960-07-12)

Q Year of Birth

Q. Age.

Q. Have you recieved a vaccination? (note, this is only for people who have never had one)

ROFLMAO Surely when registering many people will answer 'Yes' just to invalidate the application, right?

It seems neither common sense or brevity is the point of the exercise...

Just spent 5 hour round trip to Bang Sue. First queue uncertain which one to join ( there are 4 gates and multiple queues at each).  Joined second queue and after 1 hour got to the front only to be told I had to have a prior booking.  Joined 3 rd queue signposted 60+ WALK IN.  After 1 hour 50 mins got to the entrance only to be told 'Thai only, no foreigner'

This site won't enable me to express myself fully here.  I then recalled something about 'reciprocal agreements' that freeze my pension here in Thailand. Five hours and a complete farce. In my next life I want to come back with some power, something that enables me to make other peoples life  a misery. I'll ensure I get myself a nice big name badge and wonderful title.

Off for several beers.  Hope I've not caught Covid from the thousands of non-distancing people I've been surrounded by.

• Like 2