Foodpanda the target of online boycott after firing employee attending protests

webfact

1 hour ago, Bassosa said:

There are better, local options depending on where you are in Thailand. I use Tuk in Chiang Mai. Works just as well and they don't extort the restaurant owners with insane commissions (Foodpanda takes more than 30%!!).

Grap, as well. ????

considering we're in the infancy of of massive public health emergency in the country I don't blame them. If the employee caught the virus and then gave it to his co workers would you welcome that? Folks have to start to prioritize what's really important here - protesting or disease transmission mitigation. This should be a no brainer especially for those who can read..

• Confused 8
  • Sad 10

1 minute ago, WineOh said:

Yeah and who's to blame for that then???

it certainly isn't the delivery driver!

Give you a hint, his name begins in A and ends in n.

shouldn't be too hard for you to figure out!

Well, the wealthiest western countries that shut out most of the world on procuring vaccines comes to mind..

• Confused 8
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

He was sacked for participating in the protests and Grab disagreed with his political opinion and sacked him, it was nothing to do with covid , it was about politics 

Maybe read the headline again, it was Foodpanda and not Grab.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

I have written to Investor Relations at the parent company in Berlin, Delivery Hero "[email protected]" to express my outrage. You should do the same.

This one panda was, in fact, a hero in a greater sense than all the other delivery heroes who bring us sustenance. He was actually a hero for all of us, trying to make a better Thailand.

He must be reinstated with full pay & benefits.

I read that 1-2 million Thais have already deleted the Food Panda appt and wont be using their services anymore .

The guy and his customers will use a different food deliverer, so he may not want to work for F.P again as there may be few customers

I don't agree with firing its far to extreme. However the guy could just have taken of his uniform so the company would not be associated with the protests. I get that companies don't want to be associated with stuff like this. A protests is personal just don't wear your work uniform.

The firing of this guy is just too much of a punishment a warning would be better. Just tell him next time don't wear your uniform and its all good. I know that in my country employers also don't like it when people in their uniform are joining protests as it is seen as a company supporting a certain case. 

This could have been handled far better, I don't use food panda so can't boycot them. 

I agree with Food Panda.

If i have a company and see an employee use my car, van, motorbike, clothes or whatever with my brand on it to attempt a protest what have nothing to do with my company i would fire him too.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

10 minutes ago, Foexie said:

I agree with Food Panda.

If i have a company and see an employee use my car, van, motorbike, clothes or whatever with my brand on it to attempt a protest what have nothing to do with my company i would fire him too.

would you call your protesting employee a terrorist?

would you publicly apologise and reinstate your worker, after losing some 50% of your client base, who will backlash against you for overreaction?

he did not use company motorbike or clothing. He had their box attached at the back of motorbike. Probably not easy to uninstall/install 

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1

The company seems to be jerking from one extreme to another. Blowin' in the wind. Public relations experts they're not. 

It not my favorite delivery company but if they make me an offer I can't refuse, I don't see this as a reason to boycott. Heck I'll even eat chick-fil-a. 

BTW: Please tip your drivers. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1