Condo "visitors" required to deposit ID

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:
18 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It's a very delicate situation for the better class of hotels. They discourage prostitution as it would damage their image,

My last gf used to work 5* hotels in CM, when a guest wanted some fun the concierge would call her. 40,000bht for the weekend.

Correction: The management discourage etc.... ????

28 minutes ago, tgw said:

hahaha

do you live in a dream world?

reality couldn't be more different.

high class hotels try to remain discreet while giving the best service and best security to their guests.

this includes not batting an eye when guests invite prostitutes, which happens every night in 99% of grand palaces of the world.

the second thing is the question of giving discreet service - unknown visitors are usually asked some questions, and usually reception phones the guest to confirm. quite often though, the visitors are already "known to the establishment" and their ID is on file.

reception holding on to IDs of unknown visitors is a good practice that increases security for the guests.

a condo should use the same procedures IMO.

You are correct, of course. I guess something went wrong though for the OP when the hotel challenged.

• 1 year later...

The security guards at my condo are a pain. The guy sits right in front of the door and eyeballs me each time.

Many Thais don’t really know how to work security. You’re not there to be a friend and address residents every time, it’s about weeding out strangers, and not interfering with regular traffic flow.

If somebody enters with you as a guest and you have a key no ID should be required and you don’t need to explain who they are. Guard is overstepping boundary. Hotels are different.

Edited by JimTripper

3 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

If somebody enters with you as a guest and you have a key no ID should be required and you don’t need to explain who they are. Guard is overstepping boundary. Hotels are different.

That is until she disappears  with the content of your safe when you are taking a shower and you make a compliant  and they need to report the theft to Police and they have to I. D her 

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That is until she disappears  with the content of your safe when you are taking a shower and you make a compliant  and they need to report the theft to Police and they have to I. D her 

If someone rips me off in my condo I don’t complain to the building management! It’s a private matter ????.

I may ask them for video footage if I’m paying for that, but that’s as far as it goes.

Edited by JimTripper

• 2 weeks later...