Banglamung police raid illegal beach club in the Pattaya area, arrest over 66 people allegedly breaking Covid-19 emergency decree

webfact

27 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Utter nonsense.....

Can you share some studies to show that Covid is most active in the night time after 9pm? Or that it speads easily outdoors in places like parks, beaches or swimming pools compared to indoor shopping malls. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, James105 said:

They won't if all their attention is focused on outdoor places where the virus spread is statistically insignificant

Such false premise.... some super spreader events early in the pandemic were actually football matches. Outdoor may be better, but certainly does not preclude spread. Other factors are crowding and close contact.

Statistically insignificant is some empty throwaway phrase in an attempt to look clever.....by saying nothing. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Walker88 said:

What is this magic that happens 'outdoors'?

Outdoors is better, but DISTANCE is the key. In daytime, there's UV light (which virus molecules don't like, as it disrupts bonds). There might also be wind, so if someone is sitting on a blanket 10 meters away, virus dispersion is more likely than in a BTS car or supermarket. All well and good.

At night, however, in a bar setting, all is lost. No UV light at night. Nobody is wearing a mask. People are as close as possible to each other, especially the old guys trying to hit up young women.

I think I might have a different definition of 'science'.

"In daytime, there's UV light (which virus molecules don't like...)

"I think I might have a different definition of 'science'".

You sure do have a "different" understanding of it!   You could start by researching the different types of UV light and their effects on viruses.

2 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

Perhaps I should have said 'Covid or not, police will always find a reason to raid social gatherings'

"...police will always find a reason to raid social gatherings."

What?  There's something correct in that phrase?   Could you point it out, with specifics?

5 minutes ago, SS1 said:

Can you share some studies to show that Covid is most active in the night time after 9pm? Or that it speads easily outdoors in places like parks, beaches or swimming pools compared to indoor shopping malls. 

Irrelevances.....

The rules are made in an attempt to limit close contact between people from separate family units. NOBODY is claiming Covid is more active in these situations. Show me the studies stating that first!

1 hour ago, Dart12 said:

Today I've read about homes raided, church goers arrested, businesses raided,  & families arrested, information censored ...

Where?   If you're going to claim something as outlandish as that you need to be very specific otherwise it just looks as though you're making it up or it's completely irrelevant to a Thailand-oriented forum discussing a raid on an illegal Thai bar.

5 hours ago, Kevin Taylor said:

What's the difference a group of people in a bar or a group of people in a supermarket. No difference in terms of covid. 

This just isnt true,covid is a bit of a player. likes to go out after 9pm to a few bars and girly clubs, tends to sleep during the day and doesnt bother much with supermarkets,the skytrain, buses or shopping malls or many resorts in Phuket also owned by the rich Chinese Thais controlling the country.

Edited by sapson
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, James105 said:

Stupid people made the these rules and stupid people agree with them.  

Ah the old ad hominem response. 

None of these rules came out of a hat.... end of.

Stupid people argue against them too I expect.... usually because they cannot see the reasoning behind them, or it simply detracts from their lifestyle. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cyril sneer said:

I made one harmless comment about police raids and you've tried to turn it into some moral crusade

No, you made a harmful, inaccurate and defamatory comment about police raids unless you can back it up with specifics.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, tonray said:

In the supermarket you are not socially interacting with others.

In the supermarket you're wearing a mask

In the supermarket you're not getting plastered and slobbering all over the person next to you

In the supermarket you're not hitting on the waitress

and in the Phuket airport when an Olympian comes back???

1 hour ago, SS1 said:

It's quite hard to call trips to the supermarket essential, when every supermarket out there offers delivery as well. 

Supermarket deliveries are rarely available when those essential items are wanted, sometimes there's a couple of days wait involved.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

and in the Phuket airport when an Olympian comes back???

Oh..I didn't realize a bunch of pissers in the club were undergoing the same rigorous testing regimen the Olympians did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SS1 said:

100 people cramped into a supermarket for their essential food shopping is OK. 10 people actually practicing social distancing drinking beer at the beach is illegal.

Yes.  10 people actually practicing social distancing and illegally drinking beer at the beach is illegal.

• Haha 1

This virus or at least the measures show that lots of people would be fine German citizens in 1939. Instead of staying in their homes if they are afraid they would rather call the police to do something about people having fun. Sad, really sad.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

They are just being stupid.

No one is banning the drinking of alcohol just do not gather in groups to do so.

I would think that is only logical.

As to the "human rights" commenter, that is just silly & an excuse for when it suits. (US style)

Breaking a sensible law of the country is certainly no abuse of them

• Like 2

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Just drink your beer home with one or two friends and be safe.

According to the article, in Chonburi we can only drink if we are alone!

"...gatherings of over five people are forbidden (and over one person around alcohol), and a variety of other Covid-19 related rules and restrictions in the Pattaya area."

So...  sitting in my 'Luxury' (HA!) condo, overlooking the ocean, I must kick my girlfriend out first before I can have a beer.

I suppose that while she was kicked out, and after I finished the beer, I could get a quick visit from a sow sow on TF, though...   maybe I should start following this rule!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cyril sneer said:

Your claim was that "the police will always find a reason to raid social gatherings", clearly suggesting that those raids were not justifiable.

The first two on your list were raided for illegal activities.   Those were good reasons for the raids.

The third one was not a raid on anywhere.

The fourth one was not a police raid but there were illegal activities going on.  That's good reason for the raid even though police were not involved!

The fifth one was not a police raid, either, but it was raided because of suspected illegal activities.  Good reason but no police involvement again!

The sixth on your list was raided because of reports of the place employing under-aged girls and being unlicenced.   Very good reasons for the raid.

Your last attempt at rescuing yourself was also a raid made on the (correct) suspicion of illegal activity.  Good reason for the raid.  Again.

I take it you do not have any examples of police raids made for no reason at all, as you suggested initially?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kerryd said:

For starters, what "civil rights" have been taken away ? None.

You don't have a "right" to congregate and drink alcohol. Besides which, you talk about governments taking away people's "rights", just who do you think gives people those "rights" in the first place ?

Here's a hint. It isn't you. The gov'ts of (wherever) decide what "rights" you have (or don't have) and the people residing under that gov'ts area of control are expected to abide by whatever limits are set out.

Just because you want to do something doesn't make it a "right" and you don't get to make up **** just to suit you. 

And there's a big difference between people wearing masks in a supermarket for 30-40 minutes and those sitting in a bar, in close proximity without masks and drinking alcohol for hours.

Actually I think governments are supposed to represent the people. Usually people vote for the government they think does that best. Well we used to have the right to drink in a bar, I think it was only prohibition that tryed to take that away in some places. Now different governments around the world have decided to change laws under the guise that it's to stop covid. Right now in Pattaya you are not allowed to walk on tbe beach because of covid, how does that make any sense.

Personally I obey the rules but I am certainly not going to wave the flag for these stupid rules most make no sense and are causing more harm than covid ever did.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Your claim was that "the police will always find a reason to raid social gatherings", clearly suggesting that those raids were not justifiable.

The first two on your list were raided for illegal activities.   Those were good reasons for the raids.

The third one was not a raid on anywhere.

The fourth one was not a police raid but there were illegal activities going on.  That's good reason for the raid even though police were not involved!

The fifth one was not a police raid, either, but it was raided because of suspected illegal activities.  Good reason but no police involvement again!

The sixth on your list was raided because of reports of the place employing under-aged girls and being unlicenced.   Very good reasons for the raid.

Your last attempt at rescuing yourself was also a raid made on the (correct) suspicion of illegal activity.  Good reason for the raid.  Again.

I take it you do not have any examples of police raids made for no reason at all, as you suggested initially?

Expand  

Can’t believe you read them all, I certainly didn’t 

Obviously.  I thought that what you would posting would be nonsense, I wasn't wrong.

10 hours ago, steve187 said:

how will they ever get this under control. with all the idiots out there not following the rules. it seems alcohol is the weakness

Police see bags of money…why dont they close down factories infested with covid instead of outdoor settings. Now everyone is a criminal.  Blame game goes on.  And the farangs casting stones should do it wearing their own masks. 55555

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, sucit said:

What about all the people who had to gather to disperse the event. What about all the people gathering as a result of the paperwork for this incident, and the movement and contact of officials with the culprits? 

You can’t (sensibly) make gathering illegal, and then gather. 

Handling infected fine money is allowed though