MP launches scathing attack on Thai PM: He's lost all credibility and faith - and where are missing vaccines?

webfact

1 minute ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Again this shows your lack of intellect and understanding. Maybe Holland should have Prayut as leader as you are happy for Thailand to embrace him.

And the UK voted Brexit and voted a PM in twice who supported this. I wont reply to your message as this is a thread about Thailand but really highlights you and your flawed logic.

Speechless.

Maybe you should read all of my posts I want Prayut gone. Selective quoting is taking things out of context. I did not bring Brexit into this one of your countrymen did (so put the blame where it should be)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

I saw this man on TV speaking in parliament. It was really impressive. It was all in Thai, of course, but I could tell from the delivery, the body language, the absence of notes, that he knew exactly what he was talking about. It was fierce, impassioned, and thoroughly focused. A great public speaker, extremely intelligent and I would say, a very bright hope for the future. He has my vote, except I don't have one. Still I can cheer from the sidelines, can't I?

The man in question is not Prayut BTW. It's the MP from Nan.

• Like 2

Did he perchance ask about any financial support for those who are not allowed to make any kind of income at the moment as their businesses have been forced to close?   Does anyone actually care?  Is money just a "nice to have" in this country and not having any at all to buy food or rent is just seen as a minor inconvenience, but nothing really to worry about?  

MP launches scathing attack on Thai PM: He's lost all credibility and faith - and where are missing vaccines?

I like this guy already, when this is over I will go back to Nan and shake his hand, if he's still around ????

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

He also demanded to know what had happened to 400,000 missing doses of vaccine intended for medical personnel asking whether they had been allocated to others.

Allocated or sold under the table? At just 10 bucks a pop that’s already a cool 4 million dollars. 

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This all happened due to sheer stupidity and stunning greed. Thailand is really going into a world of hurt now. Tourism will not recover for years and domestic tourism just died. Millions of jobs lost.

The people will not tolerate these goons much longer. My theory is that the army brass already knows this, and are now forming an escape plan. Hopefully into exile, but far better, into prison. They can fight a few tens of thousands. They cannot possibly beat many millions. And that is what we will see when this army created debacle is over with.

Prayuth has zero credibility, on any level. He is stunningly incompetent, and has long overstayed his welcome. And now, he has failed the nation miserably with this second wave, which could have easily been avoided, had some precautions been taken by locking down Samut Sakhon province immediately, and rooting out his bad apple immigration guys, on the border. There is no saying the extent of the corruption in this administration, but the army is not exactly known for integrity.

Well, one thing is for certain. And if it was not apparent before Covid, it sure is now. They have a nearly non existent concern for the well being of the masses here, who have been affected negatively by Covid, the economic shutdown and the utter, long term collapse of the Tourism industry. 

The entire nation should be heaping criticism on this utter failure of a PM. He is literally destroying his nation, by the day. Anything, absolutely anything that can be done to limit the power of the army, and the toxic and corrupt senators they appointed, is a good thing for the nation. The dinosaurs must be made extinct. And the youth must be allowed representation or control. Total control, if possible. They are the only ones who can move this nation forward, and stop the heinous and regressive  army.

We all know this. But people can't fight tanks and guns with plastic inflatable ducks and showing lights from their mobile phones. The many thousands who have been protesting have had absolutely no effect, and nor will they. Any time it looks as if a new, younger leadership might emerge that party is outlawed, And even when hundreds of thousands have taken to the streets before and paralysed Bangkok and burned down buildings, the long-term effects were minimal.

I don't know what the answer is, but it won't involve millions on the street. The only light might be a coup by a more responsible group of soldiers, but the chance of that is slim. The system in Thailand is completely broken and perhaps beyond repair.

• Like 1

The Peter Principle is a concept in management developed by Laurence J. Peter, which observes that people in a hierarchy tend to rise to their "maximum level of incompetence": employees are promoted based on their success in previous jobs until they reach a level at which they are no longer competent, as skills in one job do not necessarily translate to another.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, john smith said:

I do not recall seeing reports of Covid outbreaks in any of the army navy or airforce barracks .  One would think that these were the very places that would suffer. Possibly some of the absent vaccines went there?

They all went to America to get their vaccines, did you miss that story?

I fully agree that the current Govt. has totally mismanaged the vaccines roll out.

But having a Pheu Thai MP criticize is worse than the pot calling the kettle black.

It is clearly time for a change in leadership as long as it's not Pheu Thai, They have screwed this country for long enough as well and if they were in charge things would not be any better. 

I have lived here for 19 years and have seen the damage the Pheu Thai has done.

The coup was necessary, but would be a waste of time if the old crooks just take over again.

I hope Thailand can finally make a change to some sort of reasonable leadership, but won't hold my breath. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, robblok said:

True but right now the PM is no longer a coup maker and can be voted out. But voting is not about removing corrupt officials the LAW should deal with it. The problem is that those in power seem to be able to bend the law to their will and only when out of power will investigations reveal the details of their crimes.

Ex coupe maker and now PM, seems like he is still the coupe leader, so same same 

25 minutes ago, Mansell said:

Totally agree Mike. We need a million people on the street demanding that the PM and his army cronies are all removed from power for complete incompetence, and a total lack of caring for the Thai people. Time to return to Democracy for the country. 

Yes, but instead of the million they mostly get a few hundred. Brave souls, but easily ignored.

1 hour ago, Mansell said:

Totally agree Mike. We need a million people on the street demanding that the PM and his army cronies are all removed from power for complete incompetence, and a total lack of caring for the Thai people. Time to return to Democracy for the country. 

I'm with you guys.

• Like 1

Theres talk of Anutim replacing him.

That would be worse I think.

None of these guys deserve to be anywhere near other peoples tax money.

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Haha 1