MP launches scathing attack on Thai PM: He's lost all credibility and faith - and where are missing vaccines?

webfact

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Do people here forget the previous PM and her corrupt activities?

Same old same old, people vote for the devil they know, they get in and the power goes to their head and they become corrupt. Mark my words, any replacement for Prayud will be the same. 

In my time here, there has only been one that was clean, Chau Leekpai. 

Indeed that is exactly the problem, whoever is in power is corrupt. Idiots like me hate this and want solutions. However there are no solutions as none of them ever really made the corruption laws better. They only changed them to get to their opponents and shield themselves. 

Real change has never really happened. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I think switching PM's now would not give them enough power. Prayut needs to mess up even more. The bad economics still have to emerge until there really is no way out anymore. Then strike. 

If there is one thing the Thai people are mad about, is that the Country has had to borrow Money already  in the fight against Covid.

All the Money borrowed they say, and we have nothing.

This is what will eventually end this cycle of stupidity.

29 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Do people here forget the previous PM and her corrupt activities?

Same old same old, people vote for the devil they know, they get in and the power goes to their head and they become corrupt. Mark my words, any replacement for Prayud will be the same. 

In my time here, there has only been one that was clean, Chau Leekpai. 

Clean? His Govt's were plagued by corruption as much as others.

• Like 1

Prayut needs to go, and he will go, his position has become untenable, its only a matter of time. How much time remains to be seen.

But who after Prayut? Its not like there is a reservoir of uncorrupted talent just waiting to take charge of the country.

The power structures that put Prayut in charge will remain exactly the same, minus the frontman. And i do not forsee a shake up of the power structures coming (Thai-Chinese business elite, army, judiciary, and the almighty above them all.

Change will be mainly cosmetic.

Edited by MayBeNow
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that 700,000 doses of vaccine were promised but frontline staff had only got 300,000. He wanted to know about the missing 400K asking whether it had gone elsewhere and if so to whom.

What's the dealio on this?

I don't recall seeing anything about it. Does anyone have any detail or background? Links. Thanks

Statements by the regime re: this afternoon's vaccine "plan", are often deliberately confusing, so as to obfuscate the truth.

So I'm not sure anything went missing, just the plan changed 15 times, resulting in a reallocation.

25 minutes ago, robblok said:

The problem is that those in power seem to be able to bend the law to their will and only when out of power will investigations reveal the details of their crimes.

There will never be an investigation whatsoever into how this so called pandemic was handled or mishandled, atleast not an open one. The whole powerhouse is part of the mess, not just one part of it, the tool Prayut.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Pheu Thai

Yeah, sure, they like to criticize the other.

When will that party officially declare that all (wanted) criminals should be in jail?

When will members of that party stop listing to their unofficial criminal leader?

If they want to criticize, fine. But they should first take a closer look at themselves.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, MayBeNow said:

Am i selfish when i say i like this mess that the Thai partly created themselves? 

I know the answer, I am.

I like that part of the economy (tourism) has collapsed. I like that sand is being trown into the economic machinery. I like that there is some political upheaval, some unrest in society in the form of demonstrations (which will come back after covid dies down in a few months).

Thailand is getting much too prosperous for my liking. I much prefer a protracted cooldown and a minor economic collapse then a yearly 7% increase of GDP. 

I like a cheap Thailand. I have no interest in a prosperous Thailand with a well functioning Western style democratic government without being corrupt to the core. Lucky me, that will never happen.

If i wanted that, i would stay home in woke land.

I hope for your sake you're being facetious. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

The current PM was the leader of a coup that removed elected leaders. He was, is and will always remain a coup maker even if he never leads another coup.

I assume you mean he got "legit" due to being "elected' in the last general "election". If you believe that "election", with the severe restrictions being placed on all political opponents and the stacking of the senate, was anything other than a rubber stamping exercise of his illegitimate leadership then you and I have very different opinions of what happened.

No I don't believe the election was fair I am a future forward supporter I know what has been done. But the fact remains that now he has a majority so its semilegit.

I am against that senate of course and if you call him a coup maker I don't really care what he is named. I have long since wanted him gone. From before the previous election. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

55 minutes ago, MayBeNow said:

Am i selfish when i say i like this mess that the Thai partly created themselves? 

I know the answer, I am.

I like that part of the economy (tourism) has collapsed. I like that sand is being trown into the economic machinery. I like that there is some political upheaval, some unrest in society in the form of demonstrations (which will come back after covid dies down in a few months).

Thailand is getting much too prosperous for my liking. I much prefer a protracted cooldown and a minor economic collapse then a yearly 7% increase of GDP. 

I like a cheap Thailand. I have no interest in a prosperous Thailand with a well functioning Western style democratic government without being corrupt to the core. Lucky me, that will never happen.

If i wanted that, i would stay home in woke land.

Bring back corruption them were the days

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Apparently that didn't matter. There were plenty of folk on here supporting him, and plenty of local Thais also voted for his party which allowed his selection as PM at the head of a coalition government.

We are now seeing the effects of such poor judgement.

I believe Prayut was not "selected" per se but "elected" by majority vote of the combined House and Senate.

I recall as he did not get a constitutional majority from the House alone but, as per the junta's newly written Constitution, the Prayut junta-selected Senate members' vote is also included in the total vote tally.

So the effectiveness of Prayut's performance now is in my opinion less a reflection of mere poor judgement as it is more "inappropriate and incapable" leadership.

I saw this man on TV speaking in parliament. It was really impressive. It was all in Thai, of course, but I could tell from the delivery, the body language, the absence of notes, that he knew exactly what he was talking about. It was fierce, impassioned, and thoroughly focused. A great public speaker, extremely intelligent and I would say, a very bright hope for the future. He has my vote, except I don't have one. Still I can cheer from the sidelines, can't I?

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that 700,000 doses of vaccine were promised but frontline staff had only got 300,000. He wanted to know about the missing 400K asking whether it had gone elsewhere and if so to whom

We know where the good stuff goes...