MP launches scathing attack on Thai PM: He's lost all credibility and faith - and where are missing vaccines?

webfact

1 minute ago, MrJ2U said:

Theres talk of Anutim replacing him.

<deleted>!

Talk is cheap, show me the backers and I might start to believe it.  If it does happen expect the expats to be unceremoniously made to wai and repeat 100 times "I am just a dirty Farang"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Talk is cheap, show me the backers and I might start to believe it.  If it does happen expect the expats to be unceremoniously made to wai and repeat 100 times "I am just a dirty Farang"

Hes one of my least favorite corrupt guys.

• Like 1

Missing? 

What does it mean

Choose your favorite or add to the list.

Arrived and misallocated

Arrived and lost

Talked about and never arrived

Dreamed about but never talked about

Promised with no intention of giving (to foreigners?)

11 hours ago, tonray said:

Unfortunately according to my GF, he's being groomed and in line for the job when and if what's his name decides to retire.

Thats what I've read also.

Anutin, awful.

All these guys just running this like a private club.

...He also demanded to know what had happened to 400,000 missing doses of vaccine intended for medical personnel asking whether they had been allocated to others..

Incredible conditions in this country. Not even the Parliament has an overview of what, when, where, how much happens to the vaccines. Shadow economy and lack of transparency. The ruling actors evade parliamentary control of what happens to taxpayers money. Precisely where the vaccine is so scarce and expensive, does the parliament, as a control institution, not know where 400 K vaccine doses are? Creepy state.

Edited by tomacht8

IMO this polity is ungovernable. The vast majority of the people have no concept of an enlightened civil society. It's the same west-east contrast that has existed since the times of the Greeks vs. the Persians. This is not the same as saying the country needs military rule, but that seems the inevitable default solution. Maybe in a few generations a middle class will emerge to change this, but a lot of other things would need to change along the way.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Theres talk of Anutim replacing him.

That would be worse I think.

None of these guys deserve to be anywhere near other peoples tax money.

I think the people hate Anutin perhaps as much as Prayuth, if Prayuth steps aside and that fool takes over expect massive street protests and civil disturbance not seen since 2010. And it will be bad, that idiot is the architect of a failed vaccine programme, you think the Thais want him in charge, think again.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bangon04 said:

Anutin does not have enough medals yet.......

Thammanat Prompao is also spoken of and may have the highest level of support.  He has a medal for longest sentence ever given for flour smuggling. 555

• Haha 1

MP launches scathing attack on Thai PM: He's lost all credibility”

You can’t lose what you never had. 

“and faith”

No one should be foolish enough to have faith in any politician. 

“and where are missing vaccines?”

Something you never had can’t be missing. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, john smith said:

I do not recall seeing reports of Covid outbreaks in any of the army navy or airforce barracks .  One would think that these were the very places that would suffer. Possibly some of the absent vaccines went there?

All I recall is a report about a month ago saying that 60,000 new army recruits would be vaccinated. There was no mention of any other personnel having already been jabbed. I assumed all the forces including the police would be prioritised by Prayuth to be vaccinated. He needs them. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

My GF believes they were sold on the black market and onward in Hi-So circles. 

All the donations of the good stuff can.t be wasted on the masses, it must be used to keep the elite free from infection to continue to monopolise the country.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Except Chuan's governments both fell due to corruption, one featuring Suthep and an illegal logging scandal. 

So if Chuan was not corrupt but his government was does that mean your ok with him falling. Because YL was cleared but her top ministers not. So if i follow your reasoning then YL was corrupt and responsible for it too ? Or does it not work when its applied to your beloved Shins.

People are so one sighted just like Thai politics.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

Missing? 

What does it mean

Choose your favorite or add to the list.

Arrived and misallocated

Arrived and lost

Talked about and never arrived

Dreamed about but never talked about

Promised with no intention of giving (to foreigners?)

I would say it never arrived and never will do, but the money went out to be held on account

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I would say it never arrived and never will do, but the money went out to be held on account

The game accounts just love to play called "figure faking" the difference here it politicians playing the game and it's now called graft and corruption. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Artisi said:

The game accounts just love to play called "figure faking" the difference here it politicians playing the game and it's now called graft and corruption. 

And they are not shy about it

15 hours ago, Mansell said:

Totally agree Mike. We need a million people on the street demanding that the PM and his army cronies are all removed from power for complete incompetence, and a total lack of caring for the Thai people. Time to return to Democracy for the country. 

At this stage removal would be a great thing, so Thailand has the possibility of moving forward. But, prison or exile would be far better, and it is what these creeps deserve, after the sabotage they have inflicted upon the nation, and if anything accelerated and increased the corruption plaguing this nation. 

• Like 2

On 7/27/2021 at 10:07 AM, spidermike007 said:

This all happened due to sheer stupidity and stunning greed. Thailand is really going into a world of hurt now. Tourism will not recover for years and domestic tourism just died. Millions of jobs lost.

The people will not tolerate these goons much longer. My theory is that the army brass already knows this, and are now forming an escape plan. Hopefully into exile, but far better, into prison. They can fight a few tens of thousands. They cannot possibly beat many millions. And that is what we will see when this army created debacle is over with.

Prayuth has zero credibility, on any level. He is stunningly incompetent, and has long overstayed his welcome. And now, he has failed the nation miserably with this second wave, which could have easily been avoided, had some precautions been taken by locking down Samut Sakhon province immediately, and rooting out his bad apple immigration guys, on the border. There is no saying the extent of the corruption in this administration, but the army is not exactly known for integrity.

Well, one thing is for certain. And if it was not apparent before Covid, it sure is now. They have a nearly non existent concern for the well being of the masses here, who have been affected negatively by Covid, the economic shutdown and the utter, long term collapse of the Tourism industry. 

The entire nation should be heaping criticism on this utter failure of a PM. He is literally destroying his nation, by the day. Anything, absolutely anything that can be done to limit the power of the army, and the toxic and corrupt senators they appointed, is a good thing for the nation. The dinosaurs must be made extinct. And the youth must be allowed representation or control. Total control, if possible. They are the only ones who can move this nation forward, and stop the heinous and regressive  army.

"They cannot possibly beat many millions. And that is what we will see when this army created debacle is over with." I sure hope you are right here Spidermike. That sure is what is needed.

• Thanks 1

Just now, possum1931 said:

"They cannot possibly beat many millions. And that is what we will see when this army created debacle is over with." I sure hope you are right here Spidermike. That sure is what is needed.

If millions took to the streets, including the older generation which they have completely lost, due to this latest failure in the fight against Covid, and the utterly humiliating failure of the vaccination program, they would fold like a deck of cards. It is my theory that they are already planning an overseas exit strategy, right now. Take the billions and run!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Get over it! One thing I've always liked about Thailand is their straight, unwoke talk, calling a spade a spade. 

2 hours ago, robblok said:

So if Chuan was not corrupt but his government was does that mean your ok with him falling. Because YL was cleared but her top ministers not. So if i follow your reasoning then YL was corrupt and responsible for it too ? Or does it not work when its applied to your beloved Shins.

People are so one sighted just like Thai politics.

Chuan was the most uncorrupt PM ever, full stop.

• Sad 2

Just now, Neeranam said:

Chuan was the most uncorrupt PM ever, full stop.

I was just pointing out the error in his argument. I mean he always protects YL saying she was not convicted of corruption and such. While he now makes it a point to judge Chuan on the failing of his underlings but does not do the same when it comes to his favorite. Bit dual in my view. 

That is the problem in Thailand they always see fault at the other side but overlook the faults at their own side.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

That is the problem in Thailand they always see fault at the other side but overlook the faults at their own side.

I agree, but not only in Thailand, look at the USA, one old guy was elected purely on the faults of the previous younger old guy. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, robblok said:

I have no clue but given that your so informed i let you win this one my future predictions are not as good as yours obviously. I take it your leading a life of luxury by knowing all that happens in the future ?

I am not saying the Thai electorate is stupid, im saying that they are bought and that people from opposition parties switch sides for money. So there is no loyalty to a cause just lining pockets. I am saying that Prayut the hypocrite copied Thaksin his policies of funding villages and gets votes from that. What I am basically saying is that the Thais are not bound to a party but bound to who pays them most. I think most of them have accepted the corruption and many don't care as long as they get a slice.

I am still irked and annoyed by lies no matter from what side they come. Be they lies over a rice plan or vaccinations. I like actions to be taken heads to roll (figuratively). I hate it when people get the hook for stuff like watches and not to mention the red bull saga. Like i said I have no real political affiliation as long as they are a bit honest its ok with me. Even before the previous election I had already turned away from the junta and was a future forward man as they seemed to be the ones with the least lies and corruption.

That is basically it judge me if you want but I hate all the lies denials when the truth is plain for everyone to see and they get away with it. Because they control who does the checking and have the power. That was the way with the rice program and now with watches and vaccines. Those things make my blood boil. 

That was before. This is now. Things have changed so dramatically in the past few years, and especially since the Covid failures here. I do not think anything applies from the past, anymore. I have never seen the Thai people so angry, disappointed, frustrated, hungry, disenfranchised and scared. When this disease passes, the fools are gone, baby gone. Like the wind. There will be no holding the people back. No tanks, no soldiers, no guns. Nothing will prevent a positive change from happening.

Power to the youth! VICTORY to the youth! May the dinosaurs be exorcised from Thailand! 

Edited by spidermike007

36 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

That was before. This is now. Things have changed so dramatically in the past few years, and especially since the Covid failures here. I do not think anything applies from the past, anymore. I have never seen the Thai people so angry, disappointed, frustrated, hungry, disenfranchised and scared. When this disease passes, the fools are gone, baby gone. Like the wind. There will be no holding the people back. No tanks, no soldiers, no guns. Nothing will prevent a positive change from happening.

Power to the youth! VICTORY to the youth! May the dinosaurs be exorcised from Thailand! 

I seen those predictions before. What is it with old farangs always having fantasies about violence and riots.  (that is what i take from the nothing will hold them back no soldiers no guns and no tanks could be you mean something else)

Anyway besides the violence and riots im all for your scenario. Not sure if it will happen though. 

Edited by robblok
  • Like 1