MP launches scathing attack on Thai PM: He's lost all credibility and faith - and where are missing vaccines?

webfact

Hey Prayuth. Do you not realize nobody is listening to you anymore? You are the laughing stock of the nation. Perhaps one of the most tragic figures in Thai history. Maybe even the entire region, and we are talking about a region with alot despots and failures. Prayuth has zero credibility, on any level. He is stunningly incompetent, and has long overstayed his welcome. And now, he has failed the nation miserably with this latest wave, which could have easily been avoided, had some precautions been taken by locking down Samut Sakhon province immediately, and later locking down Bangkok, as you creeps promised you would. Just another failure to uphold any and all promised you make. Your word is about as good as the word of a snake oil salesman, in Tombstone, in 1872. 

What ever happened with your promises to root out your bad apple immigration guys, on the border? They likely let in thousands, to line their greedy pockets. Do you care at all, on any level, about anything other than your own enrichment, and the vintage of ridiculously expensive champagne you will have this evening, with your Kobe beef? There is no saying the extent of the corruption in this administration, but the army is not exactly known for integrity.

You must step down, or be removed. You are the most toxic force this nation has endured for a very long time. The youth is right. You must go. Out. Get out now!

Do not even attempt to shift the responsibility onto our shoulders. This one is on you. You have literally done everything in your power to sabotage the vital tourism industry, and have delayed the opening countless times. You are the one who chose to not lock down countless clusters, factories, and cities, and you bear huge responsibility for the current grave state of the economy. It all rests on your tiny shoulders, Prayuth!

The closing of tens of thousands of massage shops, bars, restaurants and hotels is your fault. You have caused a stupid degree of destruction to the nation your profess to love and be loyal to. Is it possible, just once, for you to give us a demonstration of that supposed loyalty to anything other than your rich cronies, who are above the law, and the sacred cow of cash money? 

• Sad 1

On 7/27/2021 at 10:27 AM, gk10012001 said:

Over the years I have heard so many Asians in several countries in that region say things like "We need a strong leader".  That probably is true because they just did not grow up with the Western concept of law and democracy and voting.  They all in fairly recent had or still have kings, royalty, literally caste systems, spoken and overt or subtle.  One person one vote was not in their minds.  The ideas of ancient Greek Town meetings, representatives from different provinces for the rich the poor, the farmers, or whatever region just is not done.  Thailand was almost frozen by indecision just before Prayut took over.  So now, many think he had organizational skills.  Siiiiigh.  

Number one, if they thought it was a good idea back then, seven long years has changed all of their minds. And number two, Prayuth is not exactly what anyone would refer to as a strongman leader. If anything he is the opposite, with the exception of his daily attempts at suppression, oppression, and repression, which will only last as long as this pandemic does, and then it is game over, get out of the country, now! 

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

At this stage removal would be a great thing, so Thailand has the possibility of moving forward. But, prison or exile would be far better, and it is what these creeps deserve, after the sabotage they have inflicted upon the nation, and if anything accelerated and increased the corruption plaguing this nation. 

Buddy, what these creeps deserve can be found at either The Hague or at the end of a noose.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, robblok said:

I seen those predictions before. What is it with old farangs always having fantasies about violence and riots.  (that is what i take from the nothing will hold them back no soldiers no guns and no tanks could be you mean something else)

Anyway besides the violence and riots im all for your scenario. Not sure if it will happen though. 

I think some forget that there are elites who are quite prepared to kill as many people as it takes in order to hold onto their power and 'prestige'. No way will they leave without the mother of all battles.

• Thanks 1

On 7/27/2021 at 9:49 AM, tonray said:

Unfortunately according to my GF, he's being groomed and in line for the job when and if what's his name decides to retire.

It is hard to see how that could happen in this parliament. Yes, Anutin was the candidate for PM nominated by his BJP party and the other choice for the coalition is Abhisit who resigned as party leader after the last electio. Pruyut's party PPRP is in the position where it only nominated Prayut at the last election with no back-up nominees, which means that, if Prayut resigns without calling an election, PPRP can only vote for Anutin or Abhisit for PM.  Neither would be acceptable to them which means the only ways for Prayut to be put aside by design of PPRP are a new election or a coup.  

If Prayut throws in the towel before the next election, a strong contender for the PPRP nomination would the current secretary general, Thammanart who will be the party's fixer in the next election which will give him a lot of control over the party. 

5 minutes ago, baboon said:

I think some forget that there are elites who are quite prepared to kill as many people as it takes in order to hold onto their power and 'prestige'. No way will they leave without the mother of all battles.

Something like the French revolution, however don't think  the Thai hi-so have enough gonads to even think about any battle.... 

3 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Something like the French revolution, however don't think  the Thai hi-so have enough gonads to even think about any battle.... 

Not personally, of course. But they will fight to the last drop of other people's blood.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, baboon said:

Not personally, of course. But they will fight to the last drop of other people's blood.

That didn't pan out too well for the French hierarchy and it won't here in Thailand when push comes to shove... ????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

They control the army how much of the peoples blood is it worth to have some old dinosaurs removed ? Will you participate and put your life on the line. I find that people talk so easy about others sacrifices.

I don't have any dog in this fight, just an observation. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Artisi said:

That didn't pan out too well for the French hierarchy and it won't here in Thailand when push comes to shove... ????

The French hierarchy did not have tanks, APCs and M16s.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Artisi said:

I don't have any dog in this fight, just an observation. 

Yet you suggest massive civilian casualties. If you don't care why suggest something that extreme and then says no i have no dog in this fight. You just want to watch the spectacle ?

Sure an uprising might do the trick, but at what cost and with result. Revolutions don't always yield good results. Sometimes you just replace one bad bunch with an other.

• Sad 1

On 7/27/2021 at 9:30 AM, webfact said:

He signed off: "Prayuth has lost all credibility and faith with the people".

and yet he still there and calling the shots....  he's like a bad case of gonorrhea, hard to get rid off 

Anutin is conspicuous by his absence these days. He is obviously hoping that Prayut is going to be forced to resign and he steps up to the mantle and saves us all. Naturally his appointment would need the nod from above.

Edited by Forza2002
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forza2002 said:

Anutin is conspicuous by his absence these days. He is obviously hoping that Prayut is going to be forced to resign and he steps up to the mantle and saves us all. Naturally his appointment would need the nod from above.

Absent how. He was at the opening run for the Covid Train yesterday. Today saying the mess at Bang Sue could not be helped. 

47 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yet you suggest massive civilian casualties. If you don't care why suggest something that extreme and then says no i have no dog in this fight. You just want to watch the spectacle ?

Sure an uprising might do the trick, but at what cost and with result. Revolutions don't always yield good results. Sometimes you just replace one bad bunch with an other.

I didn't suggest any such thing, it was a throw away comment to a post that the elite will do what ever is necessary to maintain their position, nothing more nothing less. 

It would seem that the constant coups in Thailand, some at great loss to life haven't achieved much either - so what is your suggestion, put up with the continual unrest/coups or something positive. For me it won't make much difference other than feeling extremely upset for the Thai people who deserve better. 

11 minutes ago, Artisi said:

I didn't suggest any such thing, it was a throw away comment to a post that the elite will do what ever is necessary to maintain their position, nothing more nothing less. 

It would seem that the constant coups in Thailand, some at great loss to life haven't achieved much either - so what is your suggestion, put up with the continual unrest/coups or something positive. For me it won't make much difference other than feeling extremely upset for the Thai people who deserve better. 

My suggestion is to try to do it non violent, I doubt violence will work given they control the army. As far as i know they have some good units totally under their control and its unlikely the rest of the army will rebel. So non violent just wait and see at the next election. 

If the Thai populace all vote for non government coalition parties then there is nothing the army can do. Unless it wants to contest an election and see how the world responds. 

1 hour ago, robblok said:

My suggestion is to try to do it non violent, I doubt violence will work given they control the army. As far as i know they have some good units totally under their control and its unlikely the rest of the army will rebel. So non violent just wait and see at the next election. 

If the Thai populace all vote for non government coalition parties then there is nothing the army can do. Unless it wants to contest an election and see how the world responds. 

"If the Thai populace all vote for non government coalition parties then there is nothing the army can do." 

That's of course if there are any non government parties around at the time - they have already crippled one that gave then a fright - and wouldn't surprise me if they did the same to anyone else who might pose a  threat.   

I agree violence is the last thing that's wanted , but a a long campaign of civil disobedience could work wonders.  

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 10:27 AM, gk10012001 said:

Over the years I have heard so many Asians in several countries in that region say things like "We need a strong leader".  That probably is true because they just did not grow up with the Western concept of law and democracy and voting.  They all in fairly recent had or still have kings, royalty, literally caste systems, spoken and overt or subtle.  One person one vote was not in their minds.  The ideas of ancient Greek Town meetings, representatives from different provinces for the rich the poor, the farmers, or whatever region just is not done.  Thailand was almost frozen by indecision just before Prayut took over.  So now, many think he had organizational skills.  Siiiiigh.  

Singapore had Lee Kuan Yew, Indonesia had Suharto, Malaysia had Mahattir. Each a despot in their own way, but each stopped total chaos from ruling. Just that their methods were brutal in many ways. But perhaps the times demanded toughness. Certainly none of them were stupid, far from it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

They did in 2010 and killed many at Rajaprasong and Lumphini. 

Not the hi-so, from memory special border control troops without any allegiance to the protesters - - bear-in-mind many of the students at the protest would have been from hi-so families. 

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

Singapore had Lee Kuan Yew, Indonesia had Suharto, Malaysia had Mahattir. Each a despot in their own way, but each stopped total chaos from ruling. Just that their methods were brutal in many ways. But perhaps the times demanded toughness. Certainly none of them were stupid, far from it.

I fully understand.  A girl I dated here in the USA is originally from Singapore.  Her parents come from money and she would tell me about a few times she was with her parents and met the Tyrant of Singapore

8 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Umm... have you read the current Thai Constitution lately?

I can't quote it verbatim of course, but the salient bit goes something like, "...blah, blah, blah blah, he who has all the guns wins, blah, blah, blah, blah..."

What is the alternative.. let Thais rise against those with guns and have a bloodbath so the farangs on this forum can encourage them and get some pop corn and watch the show ? Because its easy to send others to do the fighting for you. So many older farrangs want blood in the street for their entertainment. When asked will you help they say have no bone dog in this fight or something like that. 

Sounds a lot like they want to see a show but take no risks. I think the next general election is close enough to wait and see. If need be then more drastic measures can be thought about.

• Haha 1

On 7/27/2021 at 4:06 PM, john smith said:

I do not recall seeing reports of Covid outbreaks in any of the army navy or airforce barracks .  One would think that these were the very places that would suffer. Possibly some of the absent vaccines went there?

It has been posted here many times that military recruits were getting vaccinated early on. Even if they are far too young to be particularly worried about Covid.....

Edited by jacko45k

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

It has been posted here many times that military recruits were getting vaccinated early on. Even if they are far to young to be particularly worried about Covid.....

Posted even more on FB in the Thai groups lots of people not happy