Charges against Red Bull "Boss" have not been dropped - old news says OAG spokesman

webfact

2 minutes ago, peterrabbit said:

What's the statute of limitations date for the case?

He will be back the day after its expired with a big smile on his face. ????

With the police chief presenting him with a bouquet of flowers when he gets off his private jet.

8 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

I think there is some misunderstanding of what a Red Notice actually does.

A few years back at least, I did look it up and he was there, then a few weeks later it disappeared.

But all it means is that if local law enforcement are aware of his location, they inform Thai authorities and ask if they 'wish' the individual to be detained and deported.

This of course was the time when the pictures of him emerging from a house in London surfaced in a British tabloid.

We can only surmise that the Thai authorities chose not to request detainment even though, at the time the red notice was in effect.

To the noobies, get over it. This is just how Thailand rolls, and all of us will have long turned to dust before any of it changes 

I don't see why anyone, noobies or not, should 'get over it'. Surely maintaining and if possible intensifying the rage is a better approach if justice is to be served. And if justice is never going to be served, I don't want Prayut's weak, corrupt government to be allowed to sweep this incident under the carpet and protect its rich cronies from the consequences of their actions. I fully support the young protestors and anyone else with the courage to call out this regime for its double standards. My Thai mate doing 13 years in prison never had the luxury of having money to buy his way out of a conviction and his crime is insignificant compared to that committed by Vorayuth. This government is a disgrace, having displayed its unwillingness and inability to tackle the controversial or tough issues in society. Maintain the pressure on them. If Thailand chooses to 'roll' with this sort of nonsense, there is no reason for any of us to follow suit. The rich in this country always win. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pegman said:

Unfortunately there are no real journalists in Thailand to question these clowns about whether a request has been made to Interpol for his arrest and extradition 

Utter nonsense - just look at a few articles in Khaosod English (for a start). There you will find plenty of professional and courageous journalism.

37 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Thing is, it's their country, they decide what they are prepared to tolerate, and it appears the majority of Thai's are prepared to tolerate a lot.

Folks on an English language forum can huff and puff till the cows come home, but it'll make not one jot of difference.

Again and 'if' you can speak Thai, watch Thai TV news, which I do daily, and it's total radio silence.

I understand your outrage, but it's all for nought if Thai's themselves can't be bothered to change the system, and in my experience every time they have tried it ends up bloody.

Which might explain their increasing apathy

Yeah I guess people get the government they deserve. Political apathy and a lack of awareness or interest in the rest of the world is always going to prevent Thailand from significantly advancing as a country. 

• Like 1

We think of this as third world, but it isn't. 

Google "Anne Sacoolas", a US citizen, who killed a British lad in a car accident, she was questioned and released to return the next day for more questions.  She then fled back to the US and they refuse to extradite her to face charges.  Even at the highest level of government, they refuse to return her.  She's only charged with causing death by dangerous driving, so even if found guilty, she might not even do time.   

But she ran, and is now driving happily in the US.  Hopefully she won't kill any more kids there.

When this is the sort of example we - who are supposed to have honest judicial systems - set, why are we surprised when third world countries follow it.

• Sad 1

As long as this guilty pr1ck is running free to the level, that any news station can get him in front of a camera while the Thai police claims "unable to find" .......

And then they wonder why nobody takes Thailand serious. The only serious thing in this saga is the thickness of the manila envelopes which get refilled regularly. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Hey Prayuth. What about your promise to fight corruption, that you made seven long years ago? I doubt if you remember back that far, but when you and your clowns launched a coup, it was ostensibly to restore law and order, which you accomplished with draconian measures, and to get rid of the rot, and corruption in immigration, the police, customs, the government, at the highest levels, which you never even made the slightest attempt to do. You substituted 7 foot alligators, with 14 foot crocodiles. And you have spent your entire seven years protecting the elite, those in office, the army, the police, those who are connected, and the super wealthy.

For God's sake, you could not even bring the Dark Tao killer to justice, nor the Red Bull creep. Again, busy protecting the wealthy with all of your power. We all know even if you issued a red notice for the Red Bull criminal, Interpol would simply have a good laugh, as you have reduced your nation to a level, where few take it seriously anymore, and it continues to be a laughing stock of the world, when it comes to justice and the fight against both corruption, and rich criminals.

Just look at the heroin dealer who came back to Thailand recently from an Australian prison. He was immediately put into a position of power. Almost to say, good job, you got busted, but you are so rich it does not matter. Welcome back to the "totally above the law crowd!"

The real problem is, you will not go after any of these guys. Not the top bankers, not the high ranking guys, not the provincial authorities, and certainly not the army, or the police. They are all corrupt beyond imagination. And the level of corruption simply escalates, the further up the food chain you go. As far as most of us are concerned, everything is the same. The police and army are not expected to be honest, and they are not expected to engage in law enforcement, traffic or public safety, on any level. It is an irrevocably broken and dysfunctional system. Any hyperbole to the contrary, is just a smoke screen, intended to deceive the most naive amongst us. 

Now, in this time of desperation, with your nation needing you more than ever before, where on earth are you? What have your proposed? Where are the solutions? How are you going to rescue the economy, and the millions who are out of work? Where is the meritocracy? Why are you always picking from the bottom of the barrel, when it comes to appointments? Why do you insist on people with no experience? Sheer cronyism? The nation does not need or want that nonsense. Grow up. Be a man. Behave like a man.

There are at least a dozen good reasons why you should be removed from office. Get out. Get out now. 

He has already resigned in the same informal way he appeared - he has not fully understood it, not that either - not yet, but hopefully soon ... 

• Thanks 1

normally q next step would be to freeze his bank accounts around the world and also his assets. that wil make him start to surface slowly. 

and then he need to come in person to court to tell why they need to release it, pof course first tries to struggle and trying to prevent he needs to appear in person. in the end he will pop up in person

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Autonuaq said:

normally q next step would be to freeze his bank accounts around the world and also his assets. that wil make him start to surface slowly. 

and then he need to come in person to court to tell why they need to release it, pof course first tries to struggle and trying to prevent he needs to appear in person. in the end he will pop up in person

I know I sound like a broken record, but noobies to Thailand don't understand how the system works.

This isn't any system like in the West, where assets can be frozen in order to force action.

It's an inherently corrupt cabal of very wealthy families, where rule of law just doesn't exist for them, they literally exist above the law.

You can write a thousand messages of outrage and it makes not an ounce of difference to these people.

The very idea that his parents or family feel any remorse or a sense that their child needs to stand up and face the consequences is laughable.

I'd do anything I could to help any of my kids if they did something wrong, while at the same time making sure that they felt the consequences of their actions.

Thai HiSo families don't seem to have that same moral compass that most of us do

• Like 1

7 hours ago, peterrabbit said:

What's the statute of limitations date for the case?

He will be back the day after its expired with a big smile on his face. ????

From an article in the newspaper that can not be quoted here, the Statute of Limitations in the 'Boss' case expires on Sept 3, 2027.

6 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Mark my words, he will be back and soon. Mrs Chelseafan says so. You heard it here first...

Thing is he has been in and out of thailand many times, plenty of stories to that fact

Private jets, corrupt immigration, lots of money changing hands, get used to Thailand this is how it is.

I can say all this from the safety of being outside Thailand, but in any normal society, his family would be criminals for aiding and abetting a known criminal.

The kid himself would be a criminal not only for the original crime but for skipping justice. And let's lets not even start on the officials involved  in a cover up!

Of course all of this, had I written this within Thailand would have left me open to a defamation charge.

This is story of Thai corruption, nothing will change, most Thiai's roll their eyes and live with it.

Keyboard warrior outrage will change nothing, so get over it and let Thai drama play itself out light the nightly Lakorn

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Thing is he has been in and out of thailand many times, plenty of stories to that fact

Private jets, corrupt immigration, lots of money changing hands, get used to Thailand this is how it is.

I can say all this from the safety of being outside Thailand, but in any normal society, his family would be criminals for aiding and abetting a known criminal.

The kid himself would be a criminal not only for the original crime but for skipping justice. And let's lets not even start on the officials involved  in a cover up!

Of course all of this, had I written this within Thailand would have left me open to a defamation charge.

This is story of Thai corruption, nothing will change, most Thiai's roll their eyes and live with it.

Keyboard warrior outrage will change nothing, so get over it and let Thai drama play itself out light the nightly Lakorn

Yes, you're absolutely right. And yet, the Government that has replaced him and his sister is just as corrupt but even MORE incompetent. Funny that...

5 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Yes, you're absolutely right. And yet, the Government that has replaced him and his sister is just as corrupt but even MORE incompetent. Funny that...

If you have been in Thailand long enough you realize governments come governments go, but at the end of the day they come from the same strata of society. It's almost an internecine feud, where the people don't really matter.

The red bull boy, well give it a break he's never going to be held to account, anyone with half a brain knows that.

So have farang outrage, then do like all the Thiai's do, roll your eyes and repeat after me. 'This is Thailand' 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

A post with a screenshot of content from an unknown source has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

A reply to that post has been removed. 

12 hours ago, Autonuaq said:

That would only work if the justice department here was earnest about finding him, and arresting him. In reality, it the last thing in the world they want.

He is above the law. Any and all laws, especially the weak and corrupt army laws.

On 7/27/2021 at 11:18 AM, spidermike007 said:

Hey Prayuth. What about your promise to fight corruption, that you made seven long years ago? I doubt if you remember back that far, but when you and your clowns launched a coup, it was ostensibly to restore law and order, which you accomplished with draconian measures, and to get rid of the rot, and corruption in immigration, the police, customs, the government, at the highest levels, which you never even made the slightest attempt to do. You substituted 7 foot alligators, with 14 foot crocodiles. And you have spent your entire seven years protecting the elite, those in office, the army, the police, those who are connected, and the super wealthy.

For God's sake, you could not even bring the Dark Tao killer to justice, nor the Red Bull creep. Again, busy protecting the wealthy with all of your power. We all know even if you issued a red notice for the Red Bull criminal, Interpol would simply have a good laugh, as you have reduced your nation to a level, where few take it seriously anymore, and it continues to be a laughing stock of the world, when it comes to justice and the fight against both corruption, and rich criminals.

Just look at the heroin dealer who came back to Thailand recently from an Australian prison. He was immediately put into a position of power. Almost to say, good job, you got busted, but you are so rich it does not matter. Welcome back to the "totally above the law crowd!"

The real problem is, you will not go after any of these guys. Not the top bankers, not the high ranking guys, not the provincial authorities, and certainly not the army, or the police. They are all corrupt beyond imagination. And the level of corruption simply escalates, the further up the food chain you go. As far as most of us are concerned, everything is the same. The police and army are not expected to be honest, and they are not expected to engage in law enforcement, traffic or public safety, on any level. It is an irrevocably broken and dysfunctional system. Any hyperbole to the contrary, is just a smoke screen, intended to deceive the most naive amongst us. 

Now, in this time of desperation, with your nation needing you more than ever before, where on earth are you? What have your proposed? Where are the solutions? How are you going to rescue the economy, and the millions who are out of work? Where is the meritocracy? Why are you always picking from the bottom of the barrel, when it comes to appointments? Why do you insist on people with no experience? Sheer cronyism? The nation does not need or want that nonsense. Grow up. Be a man. Behave like a man.

There are at least a dozen good reasons why you should be removed from office. Get out. Get out now. 

Amen!

• Thanks 1

If my memory serves me well, the OAG finally introduced a very Thai fudge factor into why there is no Red Notice. Their rationale was that, as the two outstanding charges had been dropped…by mistake…. and then reinstated, Red Bull would have to be formally charged again, which could not be done in absentia.  Hence, he is “facing”charges but has not been actually charged, so Interpol cannot be asked to arrest and extradite him. Does anybody else recall that excuse?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ray Ban said:

If my memory serves me well, the OAG finally introduced a very Thai fudge factor into why there is no Red Notice. Their rationale was that, as the two outstanding charges had been dropped…by mistake…. and then reinstated, Red Bull would have to be formally charged again, which could not be done in absentia.  Hence, he is “facing”charges but has not been actually charged, so Interpol cannot be asked to arrest and extradite him. Does anybody else recall that excuse?

Better to just be honest and say he is above the law. Any and all laws. Same applies to anyone with over one billion baht here. The crime does not really matter, as we saw with Nomsod, the son of the headman in Sairee Beach, on Dark Tao, and as we see with the red bull creep, and countless others.

Contrary to his false protestations to the contrary, Prayuth was installed to protect the super rich, those in power, the corrupt police, immigration, and customs guys, and those who are well connected. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

I know I sound like a broken record, but noobies to Thailand don't understand how the system works.

This isn't any system like in the West, where assets can be frozen in order to force action.

It's an inherently corrupt cabal of very wealthy families, where rule of law just doesn't exist for them, they literally exist above the law.

You can write a thousand messages of outrage and it makes not an ounce of difference to these people.

The very idea that his parents or family feel any remorse or a sense that their child needs to stand up and face the consequences is laughable.

I'd do anything I could to help any of my kids if they did something wrong, while at the same time making sure that they felt the consequences of their actions.

Thai HiSo families don't seem to have that same moral compass that most of us do

People understand the situation. They just don't accept it and wish to criticise it, which can be done through this forum. Just because we cannot alter an unpalatable situation does not mean we have to sit back and accept it.

On 7/27/2021 at 11:39 AM, tracker1 said:
On 7/27/2021 at 11:24 AM, pegman said:

Unfortunately there are no real journalists in Thailand to question these clowns about whether a request has been made to Interpol for his arrest and extradition 

One only has to look at the Rd Notices issued by Interpol to see NO notice has been issued

Not all Red Notices are, or have to be, shown on Interpol's website.   A website is not where Police force members' have to get their information!

• Confused 1

On 7/27/2021 at 2:13 PM, TheFishman1 said:

Lies upon lies they never really did a red notice for his arrest

Yes, they did, his details were shown for a short period initially.   A Red Notice is not "for his arrest", it's an advice to member forces that he is wanted in Thailand and, if they want to detain him, they can but they're not obliged to.  

On 7/27/2021 at 2:18 PM, chang1 said:

Until a red notice is issued the prime minister and his government are always going to look bad as it shows they don't want justice for obvious reasons. 

They have confirmed that a Red Notice was issued at one stage but the public have no way of checking as not every notice is shown publicly.   What effect do you think a Red Notice will have on Vorayuth's liberty?