Charges against Red Bull "Boss" have not been dropped - old news says OAG spokesman

webfact

On 7/27/2021 at 2:47 PM, d2b2 said:

If his family is supporting his being a fugitive, then arrest his parents for aiding and abetting a fugitive

How would anyone know that and what makes you think that there is an offence under Thai law of "aiding and abetting a fugitive" that his family could be charged with?    Providing their son with money sure isn't an offence even if they are doing that.

On 7/27/2021 at 3:53 PM, GinBoy2 said:

This whole case drives farangs nuts because of the blatant in your face corruption. 

Do you prefer the more subtle, not so blatant corruption of police forces in the west. then?   You surely can't be suggesting that you claim "it drives foreigners nuts" because the UK, US and European police forces are free of corruption, can you? 

On 7/27/2021 at 4:16 PM, Classic Ray said:

As an academic exercise I searched the Red Notices for subjects with Thai nationality. There were 12, 9 wanted by Malaysia, 1 by Canada, 2 by the USA. 0 by Thailand.

is the Red Bull heir Thai or not?

What makes you think that they're all shown to the public and why would they be?   Just because you can't find it doesn't mean that he's not the subject of a notice.

On 7/27/2021 at 4:21 PM, GinBoy2 said:

A few years back at least, I did look it up and he was there, then a few weeks later it disappeared.

But all it means is that if local law enforcement are aware of his location, they inform Thai authorities and ask if they 'wish' the individual to be detained and deported.

This of course was the time when the pictures of him emerging from a house in London surfaced in a British tabloid.

We can only surmise that the Thai authorities chose not to request detainment even though, at the time the red notice was in effect.

To the noobies, get over it. This is just how Thailand rolls, and all of us will have long turned to dust before any of it changes 

"We can only surmise that the Thai authorities chose not to request detainment even though, at the time the red notice was in effect".

That's not the only thing that could be surmised, it could also be surmised that the police in whichever country he is in didn't want to arrest him.  The notices are advisory, not mandatory instructions.

On 7/27/2021 at 6:17 PM, DefaultName said:

Google "Anne Sacoolas", a US citizen, who killed a British lad in a car accident, she was questioned and released to return the next day for more questions.  She then fled back to the US and they refuse to extradite her to face charges.  Even at the highest level of government, they refuse to return her.  She's only charged with causing death by dangerous driving, so even if found guilty, she might not even do time. 

Reciprocal, legal, internationally agreed, diplomatic immunity is irrelevant and has nothing to do with Vorayuth's case, there is no comparison.

On 7/27/2021 at 6:20 PM, Sydebolle said:

As long as this guilty pr1ck is running free to the level, that any news station can get him in front of a camera while the Thai police claims "unable to find" .......

If he's not in Thailand it's irrelevant whether the RTP know where he is or not.   RTP have no jurisdiction outside Thailand!

8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"We can only surmise that the Thai authorities chose not to request detainment even though, at the time the red notice was in effect".

That's not the only thing that could be surmised, it could also be surmised that the police in whichever country he is in didn't want to arrest him.  The notices are advisory, not mandatory instructions.

How do you explain how Boss was living in Thailand on and off from 2012 when he committed the crime until 2017 yet Thai Police repeatedly said he was abroad and said they couldn't find him? Additionally they said they had issued a request to Interpol back then and it was on the Interpol website? 

23 hours ago, Autonuaq said:

normally q next step would be to freeze his bank accounts around the world and also his assets. that wil make him start to surface slowly. 

That is far from being the next normal step!    Asset freezing doesn't happen for traffic offences!

They 'couldn't find' Kamnan Poh for years even though he was just living at his house in Bangsaen.    And Kamnan Poh would be a relative nobody in terms of influence compared to this family.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ray Ban said:

If my memory serves me well, the OAG finally introduced a very Thai fudge factor into why there is no Red Notice. Their rationale was that, as the two outstanding charges had been dropped…by mistake…. and then reinstated, Red Bull would have to be formally charged again, which could not be done in absentia.  Hence, he is “facing”charges but has not been actually charged, so Interpol cannot be asked to arrest and extradite him. Does anybody else recall that excuse?

Try reading the OP.  That is what this thread is all about.  Also try researching Interpol, Interpol does not arrest anyone, neither does it extradite anyone.

9 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

How do you explain how Boss was living in Thailand on and off from 2012 when he committed the crime until 2017 yet Thai Police repeatedly said he was abroad and said they couldn't find him?

Easy.  Vorayuth's lawyer legally delayed the hearing of the charges against him seven times due to different reasons with the agreement of the police. It was not until April 27, 2017, that prosecutors finally charged him.

15 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Additionally they said they had issued a request to Interpol back then and it was on the Interpol website? 

The notice was shown on Interpol's website initially but not every notice is shown publicly on a website!  You don't really think that the world's police forces only get the information that they may need from a public website, do you?

On 7/27/2021 at 3:16 PM, Fruit Machine said:

Not noticed it before, the dollars on the cap of the gutless creep. 

He committed a crime and should pay for it but how many people would say, "here I am, please put me in jail" if they were in his position? 

How many here would try their utmost to keep their son out of jail in a similar situation? Personally, I would do everything I could to get my children out of a 50-year jail term in a Thai prison, whatever that meant I had to do. This is the way things are done in Thailand, like it or not. Also, anyone can become addicted to drugs and alcohol and do things highly out of character -  I certainly have. 

I wouldn't call this guy a gutless creep; actually, I feel sorry for him. There is a hate campaign going around to put this guy in prison, probably by people jealous of his wealth. I know quite a few cases where drunk drivers have killed motorcyclists and been fined 50,000 baht, which is the normal fine. Boss has given the family of the policeman millions of baht compensation. He is getting unfair treatment because of his wealth and fame. 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 12:18 AM, spidermike007 said:

Hey Prayuth. What about your promise to fight corruption, that you made seven long years ago? I doubt if you remember back that far, but when you and your clowns launched a coup, it was ostensibly to restore law and order, which you accomplished with draconian measures, and to get rid of the rot, and corruption in immigration, the police, customs, the government, at the highest levels, which you never even made the slightest attempt to do. You substituted 7 foot alligators, with 14 foot crocodiles. And you have spent your entire seven years protecting the elite, those in office, the army, the police, those who are connected, and the super wealthy.

For God's sake, you could not even bring the Dark Tao killer to justice, nor the Red Bull creep. Again, busy protecting the wealthy with all of your power. We all know even if you issued a red notice for the Red Bull criminal, Interpol would simply have a good laugh, as you have reduced your nation to a level, where few take it seriously anymore, and it continues to be a laughing stock of the world, when it comes to justice and the fight against both corruption, and rich criminals.

Just look at the heroin dealer who came back to Thailand recently from an Australian prison. He was immediately put into a position of power. Almost to say, good job, you got busted, but you are so rich it does not matter. Welcome back to the "totally above the law crowd!"

The real problem is, you will not go after any of these guys. Not the top bankers, not the high ranking guys, not the provincial authorities, and certainly not the army, or the police. They are all corrupt beyond imagination. And the level of corruption simply escalates, the further up the food chain you go. As far as most of us are concerned, everything is the same. The police and army are not expected to be honest, and they are not expected to engage in law enforcement, traffic or public safety, on any level. It is an irrevocably broken and dysfunctional system. Any hyperbole to the contrary, is just a smoke screen, intended to deceive the most naive amongst us. 

Now, in this time of desperation, with your nation needing you more than ever before, where on earth are you? What have your proposed? Where are the solutions? How are you going to rescue the economy, and the millions who are out of work? Where is the meritocracy? Why are you always picking from the bottom of the barrel, when it comes to appointments? Why do you insist on people with no experience? Sheer cronyism? The nation does not need or want that nonsense. Grow up. Be a man. Behave like a man.

There are at least a dozen good reasons why you should be removed from office. Get out. Get out now. 

Now that you have explained everything to him I'm sure he's packing his bags even as we speak. Thanks.

14 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

How would anyone know that and what makes you think that there is an offence under Thai law of "aiding and abetting a fugitive" that his family could be charged with?    Providing their son with money sure isn't an offence even if they are doing that.

It is a criminal offence in Thailand. Move along

https://library.siam-legal.com/thai-law/criminal-code-escape-sections-189-195/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

They have confirmed that a Red Notice was issued at one stage but the public have no way of checking as not every notice is shown publicly.   What effect do you think a Red Notice will have on Vorayuth's liberty?

None. No nation takes Thailand seriously anymore, except China. Maybe North Korea too. Maybe. So, Interpol would likely ignore the request, even if it was made, which it wasn't most likely. 

The fact is, they don't want him back. The super rich never face justice here. (Unless they are an enemy of the state). They are above any and all laws. Period. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

None. No nation takes Thailand seriously anymore, except China. Maybe North Korea too. Maybe. So, Interpol would likely ignore the request, even if it was made, which it wasn't most likely. 

He did appear on the publicly accessible Interpol website initially for a short period.

1 hour ago, d2b2 said:
16 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It is a criminal offence in Thailand. Move along

https://library.siam-legal.com/thai-law/criminal-code-escape-sections-189-195/

It helps if you actually read your own links!

"Section 189. Aiding and Abetting

Whoever assists another person who commits or is alleged of having committed an offence which is not a petty offence so that such person may not be punished by giving him lodging, by hiding, or by assisting him by any means so that he may not be arrested, shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding two years or fined not exceeding four thousand Baht, or both".

Providing their son with money (if they are doing that) is not "giving him lodging, hiding him, or assisting him so that he may not be arrested".

Move along, indeed.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Whoever assists another person who commits or is alleged of having committed an offence which is not a petty offence so that such person may not be punished by giving him lodging, by hiding, or by assisting him by any means so that he may not be arrested, shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding two years or fined not exceeding four thousand Baht, or both".

Providing their son with money (if they are doing that) is not "giving him lodging, hiding him, or assisting him so that he may not be arrested".

Move along, indeed.

If you believe providing your fugitive adult child money is not providing aid in avoiding their apprehension, then you lack reasoning or morals or both.move along take your children with you

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, d2b2 said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Move along, indeed.

If you believe providing your fugitive adult child money is not providing aid in avoiding their apprehension, then you lack reasoning or morals or both.move along take your children with you

That's just your opinion.   What I posted wasn't my opinion, it is fact, morals do not come into it although reasoning does, hence my reasoned reply.   Giving a child money is not "assisting him so that he may not be arrested" in the context that your translated Thai law section obviously means.

18 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Not all Red Notices are, or have to be, shown on Interpol's website.   A website is not where Police force members' have to get their information!

I do hope you don't believe they have lodged one ! have to have more enquiries first to prove he is guilty !

22 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That's just your opinion.   What I posted wasn't my opinion, it is fact, morals do not come into it although reasoning does, hence my reasoned reply.   Giving a child money is not "assisting him so that he may not be arrested" in the context that your translated Thai law section obviously means.

The law reads “or by assisting him by any means so that he may not be arrested”. 
how you can reason that sending money to your fugitive child so they may continue to remain a fugitive is anything other than assisting “BY ANY MEANS” is far from any interpretation of that statement. 
“oh I didn’t offer any assistance, except paying for their expenses”, does not hold up to any reasonable persons understanding of “by any means”. 

To clarify 

the definition of “By any Means” is literally; in any way 

any way at all. 
there is no ambiguity in either the law or the definition. 

Edited by d2b2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1