Huge crowds at Bang Sue vax center: Health minister Anutin says "it can't be helped", sources

webfact

55 minutes ago, holymoly said:

I was out there. Yes, massive crowds but great behaviour by the crowds mostly elderly Thai from out of town.

Staff was great and helpfull. I repeat that:  Staff was was organized and very helpful.  Crowd followed instructions and behaved quietly.

Main problem:  more staff.....more staff......more chairs more chairs. double the number of those giving the jabs. Advertise for more jab givers

The massive crowds indicate that Thai people want to be immunized NOW  not later, later, later.......

I was also there yesterday, I was fairly impressed with how it was organized. The staff was excellent for the most part and I thought they handled the massive crowds pretty well. The social distancing certainly left a lot to be desired. If they are able cut the amount of people coming at one time, it would make a huge difference and make it a halfway decent experience.

Edited by gjoo888
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Are you confused again Chompers?

No confusion here. 

The PM picks the cabinet, the house and senate picks the PM; the hand-picked senate holds the balance of power. The electorate didn't get to vote for Prayut.

Anutin is an MP voted in by electors at his power base in Buriram. They may kick him out at the next election but his family "owns" the seat, so I doubt it.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, gjoo888 said:

I was also there yesterday, I was fairly impressed with how it was organized. The staff was excellent for the most part and I thought they handled the massive crowds pretty well. The social distancing certainly left a lot to be desired. If they are able cut the amount of people coming at one time, it would make a huge difference and make it a halfway decent experience.

Sorry, that was rude.  I've edited. That out.

I believe they need to open other options for vaccines.  Frustrating.

Edited by MrJ2U

16 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Im saying this is Anutins fault.

He's washed his hands of it since the Prime Minister took over complete control of the virus crisis . He is now in charge and has been for a while so everything is fine ! ..

• Like 1

Anybody who is lucky enough to get a Pfizer better make sure it hasn’t been Mai pen raied. I mean......-70 degrees (or whatever it is).....Mai pen rai......just put in fridge.....cold enough. Farang think too mutt.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, terryofcrete said:

He's washed his hands of it since the Prime Minister took over complete control of the virus crisis . He is now in charge and has been for a while so everything is fine ! ..

4 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Another super spreader event, these clowns really know how to **** things up don't they.

t-08-Bangkok-Bang-Sue-Grand-Station-capable-of-25000-jabs-per-day2.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, geisha said:

Complete confusion and no organisation at all. Stupidity at its best.

cant they follow logic and set up centers in different areas and work by age group., the eldest, and most vulnerable first week, etc etc etc. 

Logic, aria ?

• Like 1

Where is the Clown Car?  That’s the only thing that is missing UNLESS of course, the people are surrounding it.  I pity the 4 nurses giving the injections.  They must be exhausted.

BTW, DID ANYONE TELL THE CROWD that they ran out of Vaccine an hour ago?

You just gotta love this country.  It’s a laugh a minute!  A real RIOT! ????

3 hours ago, webfact said:

They cited their sources as saying that Thailand DPM and Health Minister - the much villified Anutin Charnvirakul - as saying that the mess could not be helped.

Yes, the plague is obviously the fault of the people not distancing themselves.  Of course, the line would then extend for miles and be mistaken for a demonstration against the government.

They are going to have a meeting about it so all problems will be solved!

Amazing Thailand!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo2014 said:

Things seem to be going so well since the PM took over the vaccine program and distribution, that is if the intent was to spread covid like crazy.  Anutin is an engineer placed there to sell weed.  No-one ever expected this keystone kop would have to deal with a pandemic.  He should never have been there in the first place.

Not so fast; Siam Cement Group is also involved in the vaccine 'situation'

They proudly announce it on their website: https://www.scgfoundation.org/en/news/กระทรวงสาธารณสุข-สยามไบ/

The Ministry of Public Health, Siam Bioscience, SCG, and AstraZeneca collectively signed a Letter of Intent to manufacture and supply COVID-19 for Thailand and other nations in the region to ensure equitable and timely access to the COVID-19 vaccine.

So if there was any shortfall, the blames lies squarely with...

• Like 1

This is the point I make over and over. The policies cause more harm than good. Now granted I do think the vaccines are the one good tool we have, but it still doesn’t dismiss the point that a lot of people could have become infected here because of a govt covid policy. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mickyr55 said:

Upon visiting Ban Chang hospital to enquire about a Covid jab I was advised "Falang go to Bangkok" when I pointed out that Bangkok was a covid infestation waiting to spread and the idea of standing for hours surrounded by many possibly infected throngs, I was met with a baleful stare and a shrug of the shoulders, suffice to say I still await my vaccination. Those pictures tell me that I made the correct decision. 

You sure did Buddy. Better to think for yourself in these times and not listen to these clowns and there nonsense.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

They cited their sources as saying that Thailand DPM and Health Minister - the much villified Anutin Charnvirakul - as saying that the mess could not be helped.

Someone should start marketing t-shirts with a picture of the Health Minister along with his immortal quote….”It can’t be helped.” Would make for great photo ops at the next protest.

Edited by Hayduke
  • Like 1