Huge crowds at Bang Sue vax center: Health minister Anutin says "it can't be helped", sources

webfact

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

And there you have it... someone who doesn't have the first idea about organisation.

All these Generals but not one of them can organize anything.

Supply chains and organizing are hallmarks of the military and Generals in particular.

There all fakes.  None of them has any real military experience.

Total joke.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sapson said:

Dont the USA and other European countries have a huge surplus of vaccines.

If we forget the lunatics need for back handers and buying the Chinese gunk for a moment.

Isnt it possible otherwise to procure enough decent vaccines for 70 million within a month get them distributed around the country and job done........if it means saving lives and stopping the thousands waiting for hospital care from increasing.

May be real logistical reasons why this is not possible as in their simply arent 70 million vaccines available right now anywhere for immediate shipment.

That would all be possible IF Thailand was the center of the world, but Anutin's new slogan sums up the covid situation because of the govt's corruption and incompetence: "It Can't Be Helped"

It would be so much better if Anutin would just keep his mouth shut.  All he does is spew drivel anyway.  Excuses, excuses; inaction, inaction; incompetence, incompetence.  I left Thailand to return to the USA at the end of June, because my Thai mentor advised me in mid-June to leave, because, as he said, the "situation will get much worse before it gets better."  How right he was.  I had hoped to return in early October, but that timing is looking pretty 'iffy.'  I pray for those of my expat and Thai friends who are dealing with this situation.  ????

• Like 2

12 hours ago, AndyFoxy said:

Or have an online appointment system.

That's not right or fair.  I registered online and was given an appointment within three days.  By the large number of farangs they must also successfully registered.

The first thing I was asked was to see the email from MOPH confirming my appointment.  After that is was a waiting game.

16 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Guy needs to resign he’s a complete joke if you would’ve got the vaccine and given everybody the job this would not be happening this country is totally let down the public CIT 

But..he is high on the list of next PMs, should the general leave.

14 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

So easy..open more locations ... everywhere in the country....people don't need to travel to Bangkok. and maximum people a day .. don't stop at 16.00 but go on till 21.00 or so

My appointment for my 2nd jab is at 18:00 in October. If it takes as long as the first vaccine, they'll be working well past 21:00.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sapson said:

If we forget the lunatics need for back handers and buying the Chinese gunk for a moment.

Isnt it possible otherwise to procure enough decent vaccines for 70 million within a month get them distributed around the country and job done........if it means saving lives and stopping the thousands waiting for hospital care from increasing.

May be real logistical reasons why this is not possible as in their simply arent 70 million vaccines available right now anywhere for immediate shipment.

A month probably isn’t a realistic timeline judging by the UK’s successful roll out,  but certainly 6 months is feasible. Currently they struggle to average 300k per day and it’s not all due to vaccine supply as weekends and public holidays always show a marked reduction in vaccinations completed.

17 hours ago, sapson said:

Trouble is most of those 'spare' vaccines are probably the ones that need storing at minus polar bear temperature; and also could be fast approaching their 'expiry' date. By the time they get here and are processed through endless 'red tape' and the logistics set up to ship them around the country in a usable state they may well be fit only for the bin. Good excuse to distribute them around 'important people and their entourage' -- "we had no choice and didn't want to waste them"

18 hours ago, geisha said:

Complete confusion and no organisation at all. Stupidity at its best.

cant they follow logic and set up centers in different areas and work by age group., the eldest, and most vulnerable first week, etc etc etc. 

Logic in Thailand ? 555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555

4 hours ago, gjoo888 said:

My appointment for my 2nd jab is at 18:00 in October. If it takes as long as the first vaccine, they'll be working well past 21:00.

Thats if you haven't contacted COVID-19 from the massive crowds at your first vaccination.

When was your first vaccine?  

Oct. , 2nd is over 8 weeks from now.

Was it Astra?

19 hours ago, rwill said:

It will probably get better in a few days when they don't allow walk ins anymore.  We went in June and you just walked inside to the checkin counter.  There were no masses waiting.

Astra?

2 hours ago, MrJ2U said:
21 hours ago, rwill said:

It will probably get better in a few days when they don't allow walk ins anymore.  We went in June and you just walked inside to the checkin counter.  There were no masses waiting.

Astra?

Bang Sue only had AstraZeneca

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 12:53 PM, Thaiwrath said:

About as much as you could expect from this clown.

Incompetence at the highest level.

And coming out of the other side of his mouth "Health Minister says Bang Sue not crowded, blames “camera angles”.

This guy can't remember what lie he's told from one minute to the next!!!

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/health-minister-says-bang-sue-not-crowded-blames-camera-angles

4 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Thats if you haven't contacted COVID-19 from the massive crowds at your first vaccination.

When was your first vaccine?  

Oct. , 2nd is over 8 weeks from now.

Was it Astra?

My 1st jab was two days ago (Tuesday). It was Astra Zeneca, and from what I've read, the 2nd AZ dose should be administered around 3 months after the first for maximum effectiveness. My 2nd vaccine is scheduled for 19, Oct. (not 2, Oct.), which is just a week short of 3 months.

And yes...I was apprehensive about the crowds, but decided to go ahead and take the risk since I've had no luck getting other appointments despite many attempts. At least I'll have some protection for the 2nd appointment if the crowds are the same...if I'm not already dead.

• Like 1

That photo is a horror show.

And yet what was the minster doing when he had the benefit of time and knowledge over a year ago?

Handing out masks like a motor-show pretty, and then insulting all western visitors to Thailand because one bloke, quite within his rights, declined to be a stooge for his lame photo-op.

And never forget his insult to the true heroes of Thailand. The medical workers, right down to the hospital janitors, who this billionaire publicly harangued, by then, he'd probably had the vaccine -and boosters too by now. 

Ironic about his meltdown over masks when he has had several massive indulgent super-spreader style lunches with his mates and minions.

Well, I suppose it can't be helped, he's only in charge. Those ungrateful citizens should just wait their turn, not push or panic, and be fawningly grateful for Sinovax (oh I was so close to using a mocking misspelling but... say no more!)

Edited by chalawaan