US plans to donate 2.5 million doses of vaccine to Thailand

webfact

7 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

Another 2.5 million vaccines donated.... At this rate Thailand won't have to purchase there own, and the money can go into the trough for all to share.... 

The plan worked

• Haha 1

After some research it does seem like the total donation may end up being 2.5 mm doses.

1.5 mm delivered today

1.0 mm to be donated at some point in the future.

But still looking for some clarity on this going forward. 

30 minutes ago, elektrified said:

For those who don't know, Tammy Duckworth

No clue why you chose my post, but thank you. Yes, I am a HUGE Fan of Sen. Duckworth.

Her chilling experience, in her own words...  https://www.chicagomag.com/chicago-magazine/april-2021/the-day-tammy-duckworths-black-hawk-went-down/

And she can trace her family's military service back to the Revolutionary War.

Amazing woman, would support her in a run for POTUS in a heartbeat.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

Another 2.5 million vaccines donated.... At this rate Thailand won't have to purchase there own, and the money can go into the trough for all to share.... 

PLAN … That’s the key …. not HAVE Donated … Talking Ballix should be added to the story

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Good to see the U.S. doing right by Thailand.

How about Thailand doing right by Thailand?

Do they really need donations, or are the Thai government abrogating their responsibility? I'm certain there are countries more deserving and needy than Thailand, those that do not have domestic vaccine production facilities, for example...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gold Star said:

Great news, as proper vaccines are very badly needed here.

Clearly far beyond their ability to manage.

"Proper vaccines".? They, (especially the m-RNA jabs) are still classes as "experimental; approved for emergency use" by the FDA, with a wall of legal disclaimers.

The Pfizer business model especially should be raising eyebrows and awareness in the media. But as usual, the juggernaut narrative continues.

https://www.nexusnewsfeed.com/article/health-healing/pfizer-leak-exposing-the-pfizer-manufacturing-and-supply-agreement/

ddd-1627463791058.png

8 hours ago, webfact said:

There will be a press conference by the US Embassy in the morning to mark the arrival.

Another PR stunt, will they all stay in BKK ? make sure you all point at them otherwise i will be sorely disappointed.

4 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

Screw the US government. They just don't care about us.

According to the US Embassy's (Thailand) website ... The mission of the United States Embassy is to advance the interests of the United States, and to serve and protect U.S. citizens in Thailand. 

I booked my appointment yesterday to renounce my "born in USA" citizenship.  After 62 years of telling everyone "I am an American," I am now thoroughly disgusted to be American and to have come from what was once a great country.

Here is a great rant by a US entrepreneur on the state of overweight under educated people who call themselves Americans ... https://youtube.com/watch?v=HryiadpkssQ&feature=share

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So let me get this straight. The US government is donating vaccines to a country where a substantial chunk of US expats reside and they don't get priority over the rest of the population? I almost can't believe this. And then there is that law that force you to keep paying taxes there even if you are an expat elsewhere am I right? Dammit they've got you by the balls there... not cool.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Scott Tracy said:

How about Thailand doing right by Thailand?

Do they really need donations, or are the Thai government abrogating their responsibility? I'm certain there are countries more deserving and needy than Thailand, those that do not have domestic vaccine production facilities, for example...

Thailand is a developing nation, remember that, the Baht is plummeting, GDP falling, etc. A good chance for the US to get in the good books for its future military bases. Maybe the main reason it helps us poorer nations. 

• Confused 1

If the US Embassy does a PR event when the first 1.5 Pfizer doses arrive, then they should state how the vaccines should be distributed if there are any strings.

I didn't appreciate the Thai general when he stated initially that 20% of the Pfizer vaccines should go to expats.  The US Embassy did not say anything about this.  Or was this all fake news by the Thai general?

I hope we hear the truth this time.

4 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Great with all these free doses do you think they would start giving some to the foreigners who live here TIT

They have, my wife and myself as well as 4 other friends (2 Aussie, 1 Brit and 1 US) I know of have received their first AZ dose but we were proactive in registering wherever possible.

2 hours ago, elektrified said:

For those who don't know, Tammy Duckworth is a Thai/American U.S. Senator. She is a retired Army National Guard lieutenant colonel. She was a combat veteran of the Iraq War, she served as a U.S. Army helicopter pilot. In 2004, after her helicopter was hit by a rocket-propelled grenade, she suffered severe combat wounds, including the loss of both of her legs and some mobility in her right arm.  The woman deserves respect and clearly this is a positive step for the benefit of Thailand.

She also supported the junta initially, although recently she has been a silent member of senators supporting the protesters right to speak. 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, rabas said:

Winger winges about winging.

A far as I know, in a representative democracy there is little an embassy does that is not for the benefit of citizens. Ultimately, citizens decide what an embassy's responsibilities are and should be. It is the citizens' right and responsibility to suggest their embassies should provide life saving relief during a great pandemic.

555 dont know what planet you are on, this is government workers you are talking about? Right in theory - ULTIMATELY (when all else fails). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nauseus said:

Which one do you work for?

are you Thai?  America is a democratic country and does look after its people, you probably have never been to a purely democratic country

Edited by malibukid
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, inThailand said:

Why is the US giving anything to a coup installed military dictorship? 

America wants Thailand to stay out of the hands of uncle Xi, lesser of two evils as far a America is concerned

Edited by malibukid

56 minutes ago, khunpa said:

If I was another country, I would not donate anything free to Thailand. Let them pay!

When Thailand can afford to purchase submarines and commit great sums to huge railways projects, then they can also afford vaccines.

Mismanagement of money should not be a reason to receive free stuff.

rich but cheap