US plans to donate 2.5 million doses of vaccine to Thailand

webfact

18 minutes ago, malibukid said:

are you Thai?  America is a democratic country and does look after its people, you probably have never been to a purely democratic country

Answer a question with a question. Are there any truly democratic countries?  

9 hours ago, lujanit said:

Before all the US expats say their country/embassy is not looking after them.  Consider this.

Embassies are not in foreign countries for the sole benefit of their citizens.  They may provide some services however they are not there for just you.

Embassies are in foreign countries to act as liaison between the host country and the government of country of the embassy.

Winge all you like but that is the truth.

"Embassies are not in foreign countries for the sole benefit of their citizens." Referring only to the UK Embassy, they were quick enough to charge us 60 odd GBP for about five mins of work. I think all you UK folk know what I mean.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

Another 2.5 million vaccines donated.... At this rate Thailand won't have to purchase there own, and the money can go into the trough for all to share.... 

They will sell to thais... and left overs for you  x 10 times the thai price....... greed has no boundies...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kuzmabruk said:

According to the US Embassy's (Thailand) website ... The mission of the United States Embassy is to advance the interests of the United States, and to serve and protect U.S. citizens in Thailand. 

I booked my appointment yesterday to renounce my "born in USA" citizenship.  After 62 years of telling everyone "I am an American," I am now thoroughly disgusted to be American and to have come from what was once a great country.

Here is a great rant by a US entrepreneur on the state of overweight under educated people who call themselves Americans ... https://youtube.com/watch?v=HryiadpkssQ&feature=share

Be careful what you wish for Ace...And to which country will you be adopting as your new one ??? I also don't much like what's happening in the USA, but I choose to try and fix/improve it. You, OTOH, are running away like a little school girl who dropped her ice cream cone in a sandbox full of cat turds and now wants to find their perfect Nirvana...good luck with that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

Hmmm I missed this one at first... In order to be clear, are you American or not? If not then mind your own beezwax... If yes, then since when do you consider yourself a Thai? 'help "us" poorer nations? I am not. nor ever will be a Thai... be considered a Thai nor will the Thais ever treat me as an equal... might as well get that through your mind...

I am Thai, not american but as the US meddles in world affairs, I assume the right to make comment. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Exactly, 18 months ago Thailand bragged that it was the best performing S.E Asian nation... now it's a poor relative, and a developing country?

Iit dug itself into a deep hole last year [and still digging] now with a begging bowl out for any free donations it can get hold of, just wait, after this is all over it will brag about how it's policies beat Covid and saved the nation.

..you nailed it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

No. Thaikand is a developing country, as hard as they try to make it seem otherwise. Anywhere outside of a few sections of Bangkok, it is very 3rd world. 

100% agree. Whoever says the contrary has never been outside the tourist or expat cocoons. A 1 day visit in any village in Isan (for example) would immediately change that false impression.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

Isn't Britain also donating an enormous amount of vaccines to Thailand in the next couple of weeks? 

I believe it is, but here in Cambodia (today's news, 29 July 2021):-

"The United Kingdom has announced the donation of 415,000 doses of AstraZeneca vaccine to the people of Cambodia to help fight COVID-19"

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50903837/united-kingdom-donates-415000-doses-of-astra-zeneca-vaccine-to-cambodia/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BB1955 said:

The State Department has a responsibility to assist and protect American citizens abroad , thats part of what they are supposed to do . This situation is a little different than someone being sick and needing help to go home . Thats why the French and a few other countries have stepped up to the plate and helped there people . I dont see this donation helping any American expats here . If those does get into the system the likelihood of an American Expat getting one , well you know how that goes . And I know for a fact Duckworths office has been contacted by  expats here explaining our situation .........

Why... like me, you choose to live outside your country.  Why do you expect that it should still look after you?

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, lujanit said:

Before all the US expats say their country/embassy is not looking after them.  Consider this.

Embassies are not in foreign countries for the sole benefit of their citizens.  They may provide some services however they are not there for just you.

Embassies are in foreign countries to act as liaison between the host country and the government of country of the embassy.

Well the French did it no problem.

USA citizens still pay USA taxes and deserve the same treatment as all other tax payers.

And consulates are there for citizens and potential visitors to the host country, even if embassies are inter-governmental.

Full stop.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, lujanit said:

And to assist its own citizens!

10 minutes ago, The retired guy said:

Do the hillbilly’s selling their kids body?

Plenty of street corners in big cities of  America where middle class girls and poor girls do... and they do it not to help their family's survive... mostly to support drug addictions... so you tell me... which is more like a third world country?  A 'civilized' state that has an opioid pandemic...rampant prostitution or a country where a small percentage of the papulation do as you say?

How many of those being sold here in Thailand are doing it in the hopes of finding a foreigner who will support them better than a Thai guy will?

Clean your house first... and that includes giving your expat citizens who pay taxes and for their passports the same treatment they give the people who still live in said country.

Edited by LazySlipper

4 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

Plenty of street corners in big cities of 
America where middle class girls and poor girls do... and they do it not to help their family's survive... mostly to support drug addictions... so you tell me... which is more like a third world country?  A 'civilized' state that has an opioid pandemic...rampant prostitution or a country where a small percentage of the papulation do as you say?

How many of those being sold here in Thailand are doing it in the hopes of finding a foreigner who will support them better than a Thai guy will?

Ah, you believe this BS “Don’t want a Thai man, they are so bad”?

and if they want to find a foreign gay to care them, why’d they take money ???? ????

5 hours ago, asiaexpat said:

Try 415,000 doses, not 4 Mil. Many news articles about it.

That's the UK's donation of AZ.   They just made a separate announcement yesterday.   

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The retired guy said:

Ah, you believe this BS “Don’t want a Thai man, they are so bad”?

and if they want to find a foreign gay to care them, why’d they take money ????????

Hey man... your message is so messed up that I can't make heads or tails of what you are saying... 

As an American I have the right to have a vaccine from my country before any Thai does... My family and their family before that paid taxes as did I... about the Bargirls... America is way off worst than the Thais are off here... 

I read and reread your message... have one of the Thai kids you paid for to go through school edit it before you post!

11 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

Another 2.5 million vaccines donated.... At this rate Thailand won't have to purchase there own, and the money can go into the trough for all to share.... 

I had signed up for the AZ shot, scheduled for 26 Aug. I was told today, cannot get AZ until I take a Sinovac first, new gov't policy, then 4 weeks later I can get an AZ vaccine shot. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, gejohesch said:

100% agree. Whoever says the contrary has never been outside the tourist or expat cocoons. A 1 day visit in any village in Isan (for example) would immediately change that false impression.

hence the challenge of getting the vaccine to its  poorest.

Edited by malibukid