Travel Info/Preferences

mrwebb8825

I've pulled the plug... flying back to US next week...   

NP to get my jab the day I land...

The genius PM says it all goes away in 4 weeks, and can get a month worth of doses at 1 M per day, from an 10 M/month supply line...  why worry?   TIT...   Zero faith left...

Be careful if selecting a flight thru Japan, some airlines require you to switch planes to a different airport... and Japan is currently closed to foreigners (aka you won't be able to exit the airport to get to the other airport)...

Singapore also closed, unless you fly Scoot/Singapore airlines...

Taipei is closed and also closed to air transit

S Korea open, but also be careful about your connecting flight...

HK open, but as usual you have to disembark and reboard at a later time...

Good luck

Edited by Saddic

Check and make sure you would be allowed in. We are experiencing huge surges amongst un-vaxed.

Mask on, mask off, mask on in LA.

The previously anti-vax governors of Alabama and Florida are now pro-vax because all the hospitals are over-flowing.

Good points about Japan and Korea. Qatar looking like the front runner. 2 caveats have popped up as well. (maybe 3) 1) Quarantine upon arrival back in BKK @35-50k THB even though I would be fully vaccinated (and it looks as though I couldn't do it in my condo in BKK), 2) mom informed me that there are quarantines in the states (10 days, unsure of all the facts), 3) I have a Thai 100k TBH covid policy but would I be in the group that MUST buy a $100,000 USD covid policy? (Non-O extensions for being married)

So now, my planned 32k-ish + 1 month living expenses trip has gone up 10 fold. (possibly)

Yes, I know the future may alter everything (again) but that's an expensive gamble.

2 days ago the embassy posted a link to register for a 1st shot with a google form. Did that. Yesterday around noon they posted another site/link effectively canceling the 1st 1 to register for a 1st shot. Succeeded in registering both times.

So, upon receiving the generous donating of Pfizer from the states, the government has magnanimously agreed to slag off their Astra supply to foreigners. Khop Khun Krap. ????

Anyway, I'll believe it as soon as they are removing the needle from my arm. Registered is a LONG way from receiving. Ever the dreamer, I'm still waiting on my prepaid moderna shots from the private hospital in Oct.