The wife and I sleep in separate rooms. Anyone else in this situation?

charliechoc

On 7/29/2021 at 12:48 PM, seajae said:

you need to put your foot down now, when I married my wife, she had been sleeping with her daughter for 12 years, it caused huge fights with the daughter trying to get her out of the bed and into her own room, it did happen though as I refused to sleep in the same bed as her although the daughter wouldnt speak to me for almost 2 years, just grunted. He is old enough to be in his own bed, the sooner you can get him into it  the better or you will end up with an even bigger fight the longer you wait with ramifications that can last a long time. Thing is the only one that can do it is you, if you are the sole source of the family income then they have to do as you say or  you need to stop giving them money, that will change what happens very quickly,  The threat of losing all their financial support or you leaving should cause them to wake up, really have to wonder why you didnt put your foot down much sooner

What a load of manly <deleted>.

Granted I've only read through 60% of these posts, but has anyone brought the farang's age into this sleeping divide?

A 30ish year old couple's sleeping arrangements is a lot different from someone in their 60/70's sleeping habits.  Plus the length of marriage will impact sleeping separation concerns, a newlywed couple in their 30's sleeping apart is a huge difference from a old expat and his wife 20 years his junior.  I shudder the thought of me "forced" to sleep next to an old decrepit smelly foreigner that can't speak my language. GROSS!

When I first got married to my Thai wife, sleeping apart was unheard of, after 15 years of marriage, me falling asleep on the sofa a few days in a row is no big concern.  

Edited by bbko
  • Haha 1

Alot of thai children especially the boys are attached to their mothers breast well into their 30s and 40s. Sucking what ever they can out of her. Why shouldn't your son be the same. But of course as his father you could teach him to grow a pair and be a man. That will only work if the father has the balls to do it. 

I just wondered whether all the posters who NEED to have someone sleeping besides them every night , like they could nt sleep unless someone else was next to them, were they forced to sleep along when they were Children ?

Does sleeping alone trigger some unhappy childhood memories of sleeping alone ?

She is not your wife....she is your housemate.

And I bet she gets free accommodation, free utilities, free food&drink, free transportation, free clothes & toiletries, free outings, treats, and other luxuries. Probably gifts too.

I wonder if she has a free property, investment land, farm and car(s) in her name too? Maybe a business, as well?

I know what I want to come back as in the next life, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

OP claims his wife is the breadwinner.

Which explains why she has no time for him.

Never met a woman happy with a man  that brings in less than she does.

Very true.

Is he retired?

I'd expect he is still forking out for everything, while her income is hers.

You think TV mirrors real life? Like Cheers where they hang in a bar all the time and no one gets drunk, or Friends where they work in a coffee shop and live in trendy apartments in NYC, you must live on Gilligan's Island! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 7/29/2021 at 1:12 PM, worgeordie said:

The family next door had their son sleeping in the same bed

as them till he was 16 Years old  !

regards Worgeordie

My mother breast fed me until I was 9.

Edited by JimmyJ