Thailand reports 17,345 new COVID-19 cases and 117 deaths

webfact

Cluster infections have been found in 518 factories, located in 49 provinces of Thailand, affecting 36,861 workers who tested positive for the disease between April 1st and July 29th this year, according to information compiled by the Industry Ministry. https://thaip.bs/VUA8xTq

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

Cluster infections have been found in 518 factories, located in 49 provinces of Thailand, affecting 36,861 workers who tested positive for the disease between April 1st and July 29th this year, according to information compiled by the Industry Ministry. https://thaip.bs/VUA8xTq

And they are all more than likely bubble and sealed in if past practices have been put in play.

Edited by ThailandRyan

The coronavirus pandemic continues to wreak havoc across many parts of the world including Thailand. The highly transmissible Delta variant of the novel coronavirus is spreading quickly, resulting in a surge of infection and hospitalization rates since the Songkran Festival.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/breaking-down-barriers-to-covid-19-vaccination-advice-from-a-psychiatrist/

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Horrible scenes on TV Thai news now of clearly over stretched situation. Looks like holding area at hospital or field hospital. If someone can speak Thai check it out. Chaos.

Oh no... ????  

Better book my Thai vacation, LOL!!!  ????  

This money could have been used to build more field hospitals, set up vaccination centers thoughout the Kingdom, financially help the unemployed and needy and many other things during these strange times, but alas:

The House Budget Committee has approved a ฿15.8 bil for the Royal Thai Navy, incl. for the procurement of 3 Chinese UAVs (฿4.1 bil), the 1st payment for Chinese submarines (฿1.1 bil) and a new naval ship (฿1.7 bil). It was only ฿8 mil less than the original proposal.

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1421073931172159494

• Like 1

TIMELINE: Si Racha, Sattahip, and #Chonburi informs residents who visited places in relation to most recent Covid -19 confirmed cases

List of places here:

https://tpnnational.com/2021/07/30/timeline-si-racha-sattahip-and-chonburi-informs-residents-who-visited-places-in-relation-to-most-recent-covid-19-confirmed-cases/

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, anchadian said:
Phuket update:

35 new cases
0 infected from abroad
0 infected Sandbox

216958632_355793856075797_5504658228676621491_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=6qPivKVlEtcAX9ia9v6&_nc_ht=scontent-sin6-2.xx&oh=f8e27a50dd8b286e094cd2f3488fa014&oe=612AD3E5

I’m hopeful the current restrictions in Phuket might be good enough. Stopping inter provincial travelers is quite a big step forward I think. And the other regulations are quite severe, if followed. Trouble is it only takes one super spreader and it can all be for nought. But I am hopeful, put it that way.

at least the authorities seem to be fighting.

• Like 1

This Delta variant is bad news.  The U.S. was doing well with vaccinations and number of cases was going down.  On June 28 there were 9686 new Covid cases.  July 28 had 86,058 new cases.  That's about double the rate of Thailand's increase in the same period. But with around 600,000 tests per day they are bound to find more. https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#trends_dailytrendscases

Cases/deaths

image.png.6ad1ea9590e8f6da6e28b0456108a736.pngimage.png.6690ff4afccee8db996963dd26e8150a.png

14 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

This Delta variant is bad news.  The U.S. was doing well with vaccinations and number of cases was going down.  On June 28 there were 9686 new Covid cases.  July 28 had 86,058 new cases.  That's about double the rate of Thailand's increase in the same period. But with around 600,000 tests per day they are bound to find more. https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#trends_dailytrendscases

Cases/deaths

image.png.6ad1ea9590e8f6da6e28b0456108a736.pngimage.png.6690ff4afccee8db996963dd26e8150a.png

Would be interesting to know how many of the new cases were unvaccinated folk.

I don't follow the USA much. I was under the impression that vaccine is readily  available. 

Didn't the gov consider cash incentive payments to encourage people to vaccinate? 

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Would be interesting to know how many of the new cases were unvaccinated folk.

I don't follow the USA much. I was under the impression that vaccine is readily  available. 

Didn't the gov consider cash incentive payments to encourage people to vaccinate? 

Only reason is Delta variant! 

One chart shows that it could be as contagious as chickenpox, which is one of the more transmissible viruses out there. It spreads more easily than the common cold, the 1918 flu and smallpox.

Leaked CDC Document.

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/29/1022580439/a-cdc-internal-report-says-the-delta-variant-is-more-transmissible-than-a-cold?t=1627652739105

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

That is the question of the day, and one that we may never know.

Geez. Im surprised. I would have imagined that collection of data relating to vaccination status at the time of covid test would have been a basic requirement.

12 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I will still stick with my prediction of 20,000 official cases per day by the end of next week.

It is clear to see with worldometer to keep the trend rising and over 30k+ in 12 days time. 
looking at Europe and the UK, plus the USA on worldometer and how their cases rose exponentially in the historical data, is clear to see and calculate. This isn’t fake news, it is a forecast on previous country’s data and Thailand’s current data. Just to make sure and numbers have not been wrong on historical data of Europe, UK, and the USA .

However, what is a primary factor to the reporting, is if the country still submits valid and real data, and that are still enough PCR tests to keep testing in Thailand. 

7 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

One of the highest daily vaccination numbers yesterday. If they can keep up the increase, maybe they can get to a reasonable run rate.

or, it may be an artifact from yesterday’s low public holiday figure. 555

lets hope it’s the former.

From the 1st jab they are waiting 12 weeks to give the 2nd jab , then add another 2 weeks for the vaccine to be at its highest protection level , so 14 weeks if you get a jab today before you get some sort of protection . That's a long time and the virus aint hanging around  . It's like a population going to war without any weapons , a massacre . I hear that Vietnam has ordered a total lockdown and every household has been given food tokens . That at least is showing care and compassion but in Thailand what is being offered ?  I can see widespread looting of food stores soon as desperate starving Thai folks try to help their families . Up in some provinces (Surin ) both local hospitals are full with covid patients . I imagine it will be a similar case country wide . The government better put a lid on this soon or there may be serious repercussions .

1 minute ago, superal said:

From the 1st jab they are waiting 12 weeks to give the 2nd jab , then add another 2 weeks for the vaccine to be at its highest protection level , so 14 weeks if you get a jab today before you get some sort of protection . That's a long time and the virus aint hanging around  . It's like a population going to war without any weapons , a massacre . I hear that Vietnam has ordered a total lockdown and every household has been given food tokens . That at least is showing care and compassion but in Thailand what is being offered ?  I can see widespread looting of food stores soon as desperate starving Thai folks try to help their families . Up in some provinces (Surin ) both local hospitals are full with covid patients . I imagine it will be a similar case country wide . The government better put a lid on this soon or there may be serious repercussions .

I think the authorities are aware of the protection issue while waiting for a second jab. I understand that was one of the reasons for switching to first dose sinovax, second dose AZ. The second jab can be 3-4 weeks after the first, rather than 12 weeks.

The relatively low protection from two sinovax was probably the primary consideration but the reduced timing for the second dose was another factor, from what I read.

34 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Geez. Im surprised. I would have imagined that collection of data relating to vaccination status at the time of covid test would have been a basic requirement.

This gives some idea in the US:

In June, fully vaccinated people accounted for 20%, or 1 in 5, COVID cases in the county, which is the most populous in the United States. The increase mirrors Delta's rise. The proportion of breakthrough cases is up from 11% in May, 5% in April, and 2% in March, according to the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210726/breakthrough-cases-rising-with-delta-heres-what-that-means

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Think that's painting it a bit thick.

Agreed, in my experience country folk don’t starve because they can live off the land and in any case, rice is so cheap. My main concern is that people might do silly things, like go to mafia style money lenders and end up losing the family land, or gamble on the lottery hoping to win a bit a money.

I can’t speak for bangkok and surrounding cities, I’ve never lived there.

Ref2

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

I think the authorities are aware of the protection issue while waiting for a second jab. I understand that was one of the reasons for switching to first dose sinovax, second dose AZ. The second jab can be 3-4 weeks after the first, rather than 12 weeks.

The relatively low protection from two sinovax was probably the primary consideration but the reduced timing for the second dose was another factor, from what I read.

The only time a long delay is needed is from AZ shot 1 to AZ shot 2. 

This is because the body's immune system learns to reject AZ's 'viral vector' delivery system after seeing shot 1, necessitating a wait. This was first discovered in AZ's early phase 3 trial. Oxford has now said best results come after a 45 week delay.  Ref1 and Ref2.

You can take two shots of AZ a few weeks apart (as in the first trial) but the efficacy stinks. Interestingly, the Russians used two different viral vectors for shot 1 and 2 to avoid this effect. J&J used a single dose.

Edited by rabas
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, rabas said:

Ref2

The only time a long delay is needed is from AZ shot 1 to AZ shot 2. 

This is because the body's immune system learns to reject AZ's 'viral vector' delivery system after seeing shot 1, necessitating a wait. This was first discovered in AZ's early phase 3 trial. Oxford has now said best results come after a 45 week delay.  Ref1 and Ref2.

You can take two shots of AZ a few weeks apart (as in the first trial) but the efficacy stinks. Interestingly, the Russians used two different viral vectors for shot 1 and 2 to avoid this effect. J&J used a single dose.

Sinopharm also uses two different vaccines like Sputnik.  Since Sinopharm and Sinovac use very similar methodology, it raises the question whether immunity provided by Sinovac's second shot which is exactly the same vaccine as the first is compromised. 

Someone passed me a rumour about a more strict lockdown coming up soon. They have talked of possible stricter measures but it hard to think what more effective measures they could take, short of a Wuhan style ockdown where guards stop people going out of apartment buildings and every business is shut apart from essential ones.

Edited by Dogmatix