New vaccine registration website for foreigners in Thailand opens Aug 1

Jonathan Fairfield

3 hours ago, Kanada said:

I have the nagging feeling I may have downloaded a photo of my Retirement visa “but perhaps not the photo of my passport”!

I don’t want to miss this opportunity because of a possible oversight…is there any way to check

OR what would be the ramifications if I reapplied??

If it worked you will receive an email, mine only took about one hour to receive on Sunday. If you don’t get an acknowledgement then reapply...but you may need another email address. A hint if you do try again....select both photos and drag and drop both at same time, it won’t let you add files one by one.

1 hour ago, MikeN said:

If it worked you will receive an email, mine only took about one hour to receive on Sunday. If you don’t get an acknowledgement then reapply...but you may need another email address. A hint if you do try again....select both photos and drag and drop both at same time, it won’t let you add files one by one.

I got the confirmation back in an hour or so as below:

**Your registration for the FIRST dose of COVID-19 vaccination is successful.
Once available appointment slot is sent to your email, please confirm within 24 hours.

1 hour ago, vinci said:

got a responds from them, maybe im under 60. cause everything else is just normal question

"You do not meet the criteria to receive free government allocated vaccination at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please follow our official communication channels for any upcoming updates"

Try applying again….as soon as you put your email address in you’ll know if that’s possible!

Can’t hurt

1 hour ago, vinci said:

got a responds from them, maybe im under 60. cause everything else is just normal question

"You do not meet the criteria to receive free government allocated vaccination at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please follow our official communication channels for any upcoming updates"

That’s tough !?

I know this is only for First Vax shot….could that be it?

2 hours ago, vinci said:

Medpark Hospital is for over 60s only or underlying conditions, etc.  ????

[Registration for government allocated free vaccine] for expatriates residing in Thailand who meet these 2 conditions - (1) have not received any COVID-19 vaccine and (2) are over the age of 60 / have underlying disease(s) / are over 12 weeks pregnant.

Edited by Chris.B
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bill Poster said:

Any one else who has been successful , but like me only showed the main photo page of their passport and not the page showing their visa information ?

Thanks ????

You won't be successful until you receive an appointment! ???? 

9 minutes ago, Chris.B said:
Tweeted 15 hour ago

All foreigners in all provinces will get Pfizer including second doses. However, we’ve transferred those registered previously w/ MFA to Expatvac. Some may be directed to Bang Sue Grand Station and will get AstraZeneca-AztraZeneca. Administration of vac will be managed by MOPH.

Not sure i understand this statement:

”All foreigners in all provinces will get Pfizer…….”  followed by 

” Some may be directed to Bang Sue Grand Station and will get Astra Zeneca ….. “

What am I missing ??

17 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

” Some may be directed to Bang Sue Grand Station and will get Astra Zeneca ….. “

What am I missing ??

My understanding is...

"However, we’ve transferred those registered previously with MFA to Expatvac, some may be directed to Bang Sue Grand Station and will get AstraZeneca-AztraZeneca."

Edited by Chris.B

9 hours ago, Bill Poster said:

Any one else who has been successful , but like me only showed the main photo page of their passport and not the page showing their visa information ?

Thanks ????

I was the other way

Successful application notice but “I think” I may have only showed visa and not passport!

no way to check and can’t reapply as won’t accept my email address.

Once again they’re trying to “get this done”….so I think we’ll get our appt. date…make sure to have all docs. with you when you go of course!

Edited by Kanada
  • Like 1

I registered after waiting a couple of days and I almost immediately  received an Email that my registration was successful!

Now lets wait and see and I am now registered at 3 different places (Local Hospital, Private Hospital and ExpatVac)

:wai:

16 hours ago, Kanada said:

I have the nagging feeling I may have downloaded a photo of my Retirement visa “but perhaps not the photo of my passport”!

I don’t want to miss this opportunity because of a possible oversight…is there any way to check

Probably need to use another email... but may still be blocked based on passport number being logged. How about registering at BHP?

Questions for those foreigners that live in Isarn and that registered on ExpatVac.

Suppose the appointment comes via Email and the location is set to Bangkok / Bang Sue.

Would you go?

Edited by MJCM
  • Haha 1

I've just received an appointment from BCCT to appear at Bangrak vaccination centre, Bangkok on Friday morning 0930-1030hrs. I don't even think that buses are running, and I don't fancy paying mega bucks for a taxi.

Having already successfully registered at expatvac consular, I've emailed them and explained the situation, asking if there's any likelihood of local jabs in the near future. I'll repost when I get a reply.

David. 

18 hours ago, Chris.B said:
18 hours ago, Kanada said:

Expand  

Same here, I reapplied.

Did you re-apply with just one photo again?. I have re-applied several times in the end I just submitted front page of passport. Also my phone number had the +66 to many numbers so took that off and put the 0 back. I have now 'successfully' applied according to the site or have I  as only one photo. ????

16 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Did you re-apply with just one photo again?. I have re-applied several times in the end I just submitted front page of passport. Also my phone number had the +66 to many numbers so took that off and put the 0 back. I have now 'successfully' applied according to the site or have I  as only one photo. ????

Yes, but managed to get both scans into the frame by holding down Ctrl button and dragging both at the same time.

12 hours ago, Bill Poster said:

Thanks ????

Yes, that was the only page I sent (PDF)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Can’t re apply as they have my email address AND my passport number and as soon as I enter email it shows I have already applied on their end which is actually the way it should work!

I believe I’ll be ok as they now have my retirement visa photo and my PP #!

????

3 hours ago, MJCM said:

Questions for those foreigners that live in Isarn and that registered on ExpatVac.

Suppose the appointment comes via Email and the location is set to Bangkok / Bang Sue.

Would you go?

I would, I can drive myself from Udon to Bangkok, Done it many times before for R&R so for this no problem

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kanada said:

I was the other way

Successful application notice but “I think” I may have only showed visa and not passport!

no way to check and can’t reapply as won’t accept my email address.

Once again they’re trying to “get this done”….so I think we’ll get our appt. date…make sure to have all docs. with you when you go of course!

Apparently, the MFA are handling the registrations and the MOPH are handling the actual vaccinations. This would suggest registrations need to be completed before an appointment if offered.

I think it more likely, the MFA will request the missing information prior to the appointment. Whether or not this delays registrations that are "pending", I don't know.

Edited by Chris.B

16 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

What am I missing ??

I think they called all outside Bangkok as "provinces " as Bangkok is  capital town ,i guess there lies the different approach , probably for bang sue all already in position and organized  .

On 8/3/2021 at 2:59 PM, Chris.B said:
At 6PM today: No. of registrants: 28,788 Blow 60: 22,653 | 60over: 6,135 Pregnant: 114 Health conds: 1,916 MFA+MOPH r coordinating on notification, site+date for vaccination. Probably AFTER Aug 10 or 11

over: 6,135 Pregnant: 114  Health conds: 1,916position 

seems we "old farts" are keeping our position good in  3 th position before the whole big platoon of 28,788 Blow "60 youngsters".... :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

Twitter 10 hours ago

Replying to

Confusing. Who gets redirected to Bang Sue? And does everyone who gets redirected get AZ? Or Pfizer? And where else is Expatvac administering Pfizer in Bangkok? And are any hospitals giving Pfizer?

MOPH’s will direct those registered to the nearest places of vac incld the provinces. Bang Sue’s one of vac centers for BKK and near by provinces. Vac type’s subject to availability. We still have AstraZeneca at Bang Sue now. I expect MOPH to start using Pfizer after Aug 10.
  • Like 2

I registered on August 2nd.  Received a "Your registration for the FIRST dose of COVID-19 vaccination is successful"  email notification immediately after.  My question is has anyone actually received a follow up registration notice to get that first jab? If not does anyone know when that process will start?

• Like 1