VFS Passport pick up

Evening Chaps

Got on email July 19 telling me that my son's passport is now ready for collection from Trendy Tower. 

I emailed back asking if I could arrange the courier service because I live in Hua hin. So far I have been playing email tennis, and no closer to getting his passport. To top it off, if it is not collected within 30 days it is returned to the UK. When I go on the website and press the courier service I can't seem to advance from there. Surely it can't be this hard to get a passport back. 

Has anyone had a similar issue? 

Sam

Hi

My sons passport is a renewal. I know someone but they live in Nonthaburi. It's just frustrating that you can't have a human conversation with someone to arrange the logistics. Instead I am faced with emails that are vague at best. 

Cheers 

Sam 

52 minutes ago, samwell said:

Surely it can't be this hard to get a passport back. 

Unfortunately, thanks to the pernickety over-fussy bureaucratic requirements of the dreaded With-It Tower Passport Renewal Experience, it is. This is because HMPO have, in their infinite wisdom, deemed that the task of wielding a pair of scissors to snip off the top and bottom corners of your son's existing passport in order to secure its cancellation is far too complicated for us humble mortals living in Thailand to be entrusted to perform satisfactorily ourselves these days (it certainly wasn't when I last renewed my passport in 2013). As a result there is, I'm afraid, simply no option other than for you to make a further trip to With-It Tower from Hua Hin for the express purpose of collecting your son's new passport.

Edited by OJAS
Edited in the light of the OP's subsequent confirmation that his son's new passport is a replacement one

6 minutes ago, yeahbutif said:

Too late for you now . But I always book and pay for them to post it back to me  when I do my application. Cheap enough.

What nationality are you? Having our new passports sent directly to our Thai home addresses by snail mail or courier is a definite no-no in the case of us Brits these days by orders of Her Majesty's Passport Office back in the UK - unfortunately. ☹️

Edited by OJAS

2 hours ago, OJAS said:

What nationality are you? Having our new passports sent directly to our Thai home addresses by snail mail or courier is a definite no-no in the case of us Brits these days by orders of Her Majesty's Passport Office back in the UK - unfortunately. ☹️

It's possible via agents, no problemo at all.

I used one of the visa companies on the lower floor to collect it and send it to me by EMS. It cost 500bt.

It may be a good idea to do a Google search form companies in Trendy building and then contact them with your request.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, samwell said:

My sons passport is a renewal. I know someone but they live in Nonthaburi. It's just frustrating that you can't have a human conversation with someone to arrange the logistics. Instead I am faced with emails that are vague at best. 

Your sons old passport is needed to pick up the new one. They will cancel it when the new one is picked up.

Nonthaburi is closer than Hua Hin.