Thai PM turns to Sputnik V jabs

webfact

5 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Almost certainly there are individuals/agencies scrambling to get their grubby paws on the stuff. 

I'm also pretty sure that there will be moved to concentrate the distribution to areas of "particular economic interest to those with influence"!

Phuket?

2 hours ago, internationalism said:

Btw the PM can't pronounce names of all those vaccines. That one he called Sasaputnik, that is even reading from a full script just on front of him

Quite usual for Thai people not trained in foreign languages extensively.

Have you ever heard him trying to talk to tourists in English?

I remember ridicule and mockery about bad English of the ousted PM.

Get used to it :smile:

feysa

modoena

aesta seneca

sinofam

saputnik
Have no idea why "sasaputnik" came out.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

That the PM is still now considering whether or not to order this or that vax demonstrates that the government has still NOT actually ordered vaxes for the entire population in sufficent quantity.

(I know that there are wait-times once orders are made, plus local production will be 5-6 million a month.)

Does the government plan to vax everyone? If so, what's the wait in ordering?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

Lucky you.... no chance out here in the sticks.

I was offered as well as other farangs.  I'm near the Thai Lao border and well into the "sticks". They put me down for Aug 15.  Think it will happen but not holding my breath.

• Like 1

Posts in violation of fair use policy have been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

30 minutes ago, atpeace said:

I was offered as well as other farangs.  I'm near the Thai Lao border and well into the "sticks". They put me down for Aug 15.  Think it will happen but not holding my breath.

I think near the boarder is a priority area (as was Tak) - unfortunately I am quite away from there. Just an eternal pessimist!

• Like 2

His declarations have become muted to me. The administration keeps saying they are ordering imported vaccines, but the only mRNA vaccines coming into the Kingdom seem to be donated. The orders never seem to be completed. The purchases are announced (over and over and over again) but the ink never seems to make it to paper and the funds never seem to leave the bank.
It was many many months before the Moderna contract for private hospitals was completed (if it actually has been) adding months of long, unnecessary and dangerously risky delays. the private hospitals were begging for the imported vaccines since November 2020.
It is like an old auntie who keeps putting items in her online shopping cart, but never completes the transaction and waits endlessly at the front gate for her packages that aren’t arriving. 
 A more effective and reliable path may be to route the purchases through the same channels that completed the submarine contracts. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The PM said that the necessary paperwork for Sputnik was being worked on. 

I'm sure the frontline workers who are now dealing with infections are grateful that it's being worked on in a timely manner.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, placeholder said:

Covax isn't going to play much of a role in helping Thailand. Thailand is far from being an impoverished nation.

It is only poor Nations that are unable to fund their own Vaccine Programs that will get Vaccines free of charge through the Covax Scheme.

Other Nations will have access to Vaccines, but have to pay for them.

I guess Covax is a bit like a Supermarket of Vaccines, in that sometimes a certain Vaccine is in stock, and at other times its another.

It would be really sad if the richer Countries in the Scheme bought all the "better " Vaccines and the poor Countries got only what was left over. But I am sure there will be mechanisms in place to prevent this happening.

Is Prayut really going to betray the Medical Workers and not give them the Pfizer Jabs that he promised.

Is he also going to break a promise to the US who Donated those Jabs for that purpose

Pattaya  Etc could possibly be looking at getting the Medical Workers Jabs in order to open up the sealed routes program.

If that will happen its just plain Immoral.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Snuller21 said:

And again, Again he turn to a socalled vaccine with no, NO protection against the Delta Variant. Why not continue with Pfizer and Moderna that are protecting against the Delta Variant. Does he want vaccinated people die on the streets all over Thailand?????

The Russians are willing to include advisory fees, same as the Chinese.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dmitry2222 said:

69 countries already registered Sputnik V. It is just politics.

10 countires have own production include Argentina, South Korea, India. 

In early June Russia and Argentinia agreed to have Argentina manufacture Sputnik 5. But Argentina is not currently  manufacturing the vaccine.

Then on July 22 this was the news

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.theguardian.com/global-development/2021/jul/22/argentina-sputnik-vaccine-russia-fails-to-deliver&ved=2ahUKEwi8vuKSiZLyAhVLB50JHYfWABMQFjAAegQIAxAC&usg=AOvVaw0ZccFRPLTwB7dYMTjgQmlM&ampcf=1&cshid=1627898229119

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1

I just noticed there are many anagrams of sputnik, can you add to my list?

sink pit

sit punk

Kit spun

Put skin

snip kit

Spun kit ????

Edited by NightSky
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, uli65 said:

I am waiting too for this vaxx.  I do not need to much the spike protein therapy

The Sputnik V vaccine also introduces the genetic code for the spike protein into the body, and induces our own internal cellular mechanisms to create copies of it, just as the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines do.

The two differences are that it employs DNA rather than mRNA, and uses a different outer shell for its vaccine particles (the outer membrane of an adenovirus) rather than an artificial lipid membrane, as used in the mRNA vaccines.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1