Thai PM turns to Sputnik V jabs

webfact

7 minutes ago, WhatsNext said:

I got offered the pfizer suddenly out of nowhere from a hospital in Bangkok. Everything very strange. Sinovac isn't working much, Astra is dangerous if you are under 60 and healthy, pfizer is so convinced that their vaccine works, that they don't accept any responsibility. Plus everything is emergency use only and happy worrying for the next 10 years if you take one. I'll wait for novavax thank you.

Lucky you.... no chance out here in the sticks.

• Like 2

I think it was dr anutin who met sputnik representatives in bangkok just after songkran.

That was over 100 days ago.

That's the second time this vax is publicly mentioned.

Btw the PM can't pronounce names of all those vaccines. That one he called Sasaputnik, that is even reading from a full script just on front of him

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, JoePai said:

Small problem :

Sputnik V isn’t yet approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) or the World Health Organization, meaning it cannot be used by COVAX

Anyone know if Thai produced AZ is approved by EMA?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, HaoleBoy said:

What happened to the donated 700,000 Pfizer doses allocated for Frontline workers ?  This is already in the country ... Why switch to Sputnik now?

Did the Chinese masters dictate that no US vaccines are to be used?

Good question,  and the article also said 30 million Pfizer at end of the year. I thought it was 20 million . Did they order another 10 million Pfizer? The 10 million this month should be 6 mil AZ and 4 mil Sinovac. Also how will they vaccinate 30 mil in August with 10 million doses? I think the health minister said this the other day. Interesting

1 hour ago, HaoleBoy said:

What happened to the donated 700,000 Pfizer doses allocated for Frontline workers ?  This is already in the country ... Why switch to Sputnik now?

Did the Chinese masters dictate that no US vaccines are to be used?

An excellent question.  The Pfizer is already here while it will be a while before the Sputnik arrives.  I my of missed it but a few months ago it was not approved yet by Thailand because of some missing data

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Thai prime minister Prayuth Chan-ocha is turning to the Russian produced Sputnik V vaccine for his frontline health workers

Wonder if that has anything to do with Pfizer recently raising its prices for its jab.

They’ve done this in the EU, it seems likely they will do it elsewhere as well.

I could be wrong though. 

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/pfizer-moderna-raises-prices-its-covid-19-vaccines-eu-ft-2021-08-01/

Edited by Bluespunk
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, seajae said:

really have to wonder where the pfizer vaccines are going and if someone  is enriching themselves from them

Seeing as TIT, I’d say the odds are that quite a few someones are shamelessly abusing their power to enrich themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Seeing as TIT, I’d say the odds are that quite a few someones are shamelessly abusing their power to enrich themselves.

I would not be surprised if they sent most of them to where they are trying to open other Sandboxes . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seajae said:

really have to wonder where the pfizer vaccines are going and if someone  is enriching themselves from them

18 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

9 minutes ago, club said:

I would not be surprised if they sent most of them to where they are trying to open other Sandboxes . 

Almost certainly there are individuals/agencies scrambling to get their grubby paws on the stuff. 

I'm also pretty sure that there will be moved to concentrate the distribution to areas of "particular economic interest to those with influence"!

• Like 2