Thai PM turns to Sputnik V jabs

webfact

2 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Why would you be worrying for the next ten years? No vaccine has ever been shown to have long term adverse side effects.

Any adverse effects are experienced within the first couple of weeks after a vaccine is injected into the body. After that there's nothing left of the vaccine - its components are destroyed by the antibodies, cytotoxic T cells and phagocytes that are mobilised against it.

That is very right actually, the problem is mRNA "vaccines" are not really that. The spike proteins that you cells produce after being temporarily reprogrammed can end up anywhere in your body and have side effects that we don't know of yet. Sinovax is a normal vaccine but the rest certainly isn't. 

'...necessary paperwork is being worked on.'   So, as always, as always, nothing actually ordered.   Always being worked on, always lost in bureaucracy.  Have any quality vaccines supposedly ordered actually arrived?  The only ones I know of have been donations from other countries--who manage to get their 'paperwork' in order much faster.  

24 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

ALL 1.5 mil Pfizer doses should be used to vaxx 750k health workers. Period.

That would be nice if there were that many still unvaccinated.  How many are unvaccinated is unknown.

Edited by ThailandRyan

2 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

If I were a paranoid American. I probably would stay away from vaccines made by our adversaries…

Astra = UK, xxx-Sino-xxx = China, Sputnik = Russia, Jansen is Dutch, Covaxin = India
Moderna and Pfizer : USA head quarters.

However, it gets complicated when taking into account the geographic distribution of production plants: 

Vaccine production by country

As of March 17, 2021

Country Doses Vaccines
China
169.4m
169.4m
Sinovac, Sinopharm, CanSino, AstraZeneca
U.S.
136.1m
136.1m
Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson
EU
96.2m
96.2m
Pfizer, AstraZeneca
India
68m
68m
AstraZeneca, Covaxin
U.K.
19.3m
19.3m
AstraZeneca
Russia
11.8m
11.8m
Sputnik
Switzerland
5.6m
5.6m
Moderna
South Korea
1.7m
1.7m
AstraZeneca
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

If I were a paranoid American. I probably would stay away from vaccines made by our adversaries…

Do you mean they might have manufactured the Sputnik vaccine in such a way that it can automatically detect if it's injected into an American and cause harm but protect non-Americans (to whatever extent) from Covid??

If that's something you find even remotely plausible may I suggest that you seek immediate psychiatric treatment....seriously.

8 hours ago, WhatsNext said:

I got offered the pfizer suddenly out of nowhere from a hospital in Bangkok. Everything very strange. Sinovac isn't working much, Astra is dangerous if you are under 60 and healthy, pfizer is so convinced that their vaccine works, that they don't accept any responsibility. Plus everything is emergency use only and happy worrying for the next 10 years if you take one. I'll wait for novavax thank you.

...and you know already where you would get Novavax? 

Probably not in Thailand. 

And please consider what happens if you get Covid without any protection of your "emergency" vaccines.? ????

I don't want to die early, so I'm happy having received 2 Biontech jabs. 

14 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Do you mean they might have manufactured the Sputnik vaccine in such a way that it can automatically detect if it's injected into an American and cause harm but protect non-Americans (to whatever extent) from Covid??

If that's something you find even remotely plausible may I suggest that you seek immediate psychiatric treatment....seriously.

Thanks for missing the point altogether. Not paranoid in the least.  Just don’t want a vaccine that has little effect against the Delta variant.  Nor would I want a vaccine with no detailed track record on those over 60 years.

Go ahead and take Sinovak if you like.  I’ll respectfully pass.

9 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

And please consider what happens if you get Covid without any protection of your "emergency" vaccines.? ????

That's the problem exactly, i don't want to die early too and the vaccines also have a risk, you have to weigh the risks for yourself. I use the Dutch "Artsen collectief" (Doctors collective) as a guideline they say this : Under 70 and you don't have any of the 7 risky comorbidities, then no vaccine, otherwise yes vaccine. 

Don't forget that 99,85% of the people that catch covid live to tell it and that percentage is even higher when you are healthy and below 70. Don't stress too much. And very important : Getting covid is a chance, getting the vaccine isn't

Edited by WhatsNext
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, placeholder said:

What's more, the mRNA vaccine only affects cells in the immediate vicinity of the inoculation.

If that were true, how would it facilitate combatting a circulatory or respiratory disease?

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sawadee1947 said:

Actually, it's not yet available anywhere except for experimental use.

6 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

The two differences are that it employs DNA rather than mRNA, and uses a different outer shell for its vaccine particles (the outer membrane of an adenovirus) rather than an artificial lipid membrane, as used in the mRNA vaccines.

But isn't AZ/Sinovac doing the same thing? If not, could you explain what the difference between Sputnik and AZ/Sinovac, thanks.

4 hours ago, WhatsNext said:

That's the problem exactly, i don't want to die early too and the vaccines also have a risk, you have to weigh the risks for yourself. I use the Dutch "Artsen collectief" (Doctors collective) as a guideline they say this : Under 70 and you don't have any of the 7 risky comorbidities, then no vaccine, otherwise yes vaccine. 

Don't forget that 99,85% of the people that catch covid live to tell it and that percentage is even higher when you are healthy and below 70. Don't stress too much. And very important : Getting covid is a chance, getting the vaccine isn't

I totally disagree 

13 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Sputnik works in a similar way to Astra Zeneca, just that it uses 2 different vectors between first and second jab, which probably (depending on what vectors they actually use) would make it more effective than Astra and J&J. There were not many side effects reported from it either. However, the company making them is new to vaccine production and they have little or no control over batches "while they are cooking" which is 8 weeks if I remember correctly. It is only at the end of the period that they compare the batch to reference sample and either pass it or toss it. Given many batches didn't match reference, their output was severely crippled since they had no way to check samples through the process, which would have saved them a lot of time. Due to that, their output was many times smaller than they originally predicted, and then, of course, someone started making fakes and selling them around, to ruin their reputation completely.

Hence from vaccine point of view, it's a more effective version of AZ, with efficacy in the same range as mRNA vaccines. But from availability point of view, it's basically non-existent.

The producer of the Sputnik vaccin is the renowned Gamaleya national Center of Epidemiology and Microbiology in Moscow and have been developing and producing vaccines since 1891.

The vaccin was international recognized after publishing the testresults in The Lancet in February 2021.

Storage temp for the liquid form - 18,5 C, for the powder form + 2 - 8 C. so probably more suitable for Thailand. Price below US $ 10 per jab for both forms depending on quantity.

No I am not Russian.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Albert Zweistein said:

The producer of the Sputnik vaccin is the renowned Gamaleya national Center of Epidemiology and Microbiology in Moscow and have been developing and producing vaccines since 1891.

The vaccin was international recognized after publishing the testresults in The Lancet in February 2021.

Storage temp for the liquid form - 18,5 C, for the powder form + 2 - 8 C. so probably more suitable for Thailand. Price below US $ 10 per jab for both forms depending on quantity.

No I am not Russian.

The fact is that this world famous instititute starting selling the vaccine after Phase 2 trials. What kind of respectable organization would so blatantly violate basic safety protocols?

And still they haven't produced the raw data from they claim is thei Phase 3 trial

As for the Lancet, are you aware of this follow up article questioning those test results?

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)00894-1/fulltext

Edited by placeholder