Thai PM turns to Sputnik V jabs

webfact

On 8/2/2021 at 5:29 AM, Snuller21 said:

And again, Again he turn to a socalled vaccine with no, NO protection against the Delta Variant. Why not continue with Pfizer and Moderna that are protecting against the Delta Variant. Does he want vaccinated people die on the streets all over Thailand?????

There is no Moderna or large quantity of Pfizer anytime soon. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WhatsNext said:

Please educate yourself with the results for the Vaers and Eudravigilance databases which are government controlled bodies that oversee the side effects of vaccines.

You will see that astrazeneca has been banned in certain countries, and limited to age ranges in others because of a very dangerous side effect : TTS. All medicines have side effects, all medicines can cause damage and death the emergency use only vaccines that we have now are certainly no exception. Everything has a risk.

Don't accuse others of misinformation if you yourself are not informed. And please don't try to make your message look important with nonsense claims of "misinformation" you are the one doing that.

You might try educating yourself first. The VAERS and similar reporting systems do not report side effects. What they report is adverse health events. No conclusions are drawn about causality. Anyone can report these events. Patienrs family, and caregivers can all make these reports. That is why when such incidents occur they are characterized as Adverse Events not adverse reactions or side effects.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, impulse said:

The statement was that it didn't affect anything outside the injection site.  11,000+ deaths in the VAERS database says otherwise.  It primes the immune system.  Apparently to do other stuff, too. 

It's perfectly reasonable to argue that the risk of the vaccine is lower than the risk of the virus.  But it's false to claim that there is no risk.  VAERS proves that, even in the short term.  It will be years before we know the long term effects.  Let's see what happens when the next generation of kids gets old enough to see if there's any long term effects on the unborn.

How many times does it have to be stated that the vaccine adverse event reporting system is not about adverse reactions to or side effects from vaccinations. It's just about reporting any adverse health events that arrive after being inoculated. Just because one event happens after a previous event doesn't mean that it's caused by that previous event What don't you understand about the fact that vaccinations don't make you invulnerable? That people will suffer illnesses and pains whether or not they've been vaccinated?

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, boogiewoogie said:

BS. Second dose already delivered.

BS

Argentina pressures Russia over Sputnik V vaccine delays

Argentina, one of the first countries to widely use Russia's Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine, has ratcheted up pressure on Moscow over delays in the arrival of second doses that are holding back the South American nation's inoculation campaign.

The Argentine government sent a letter to Russian state entity RDIF dated July 7, in which it said it urgently needed component 2 doses of the vaccine, which are different from the first dose, and warned that the supply agreement was at risk.

"At this point the entire contract is at risk of being publicly canceled," the government wrote in the letter, which was reported by local newspaper La Nacion on Thursday and confirmed publicly by two senior officials.

Argentina pressures Russia over Sputnik V vaccine delays | Reuters

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

You might try educating yourself first. The VAERS and similar reporting systems do not report side effects. What they report is adverse health events. No conclusions are drawn about causality. Anyone can report these events. Patienrs family, and caregivers can all make these reports. That is why when such incidents occur they are characterized as Adverse Events not adverse reactions or side effects.

Yes i know that, everyone knows that. You probably don't know that both the VAERS, Eudravigilance and the Paul Ehrlich Institute of Germany have recorded more adverse effects in 6 months from the covid vaccines than in the 30 years before of all other vaccines combined. Read that last line again.

Check out the findings of the German institute specially as they are independent. I think you might have fallen for the government propaganda and just not want to see the negative side of the chosen path of "Emergency use only" vaccines. None of them have had a FDA or EMA approval, don't believe me ? Google fda, ema and just look at the main page of the pfizer webpage and yes educate yourself, don't blame other if you are too lazy to read up. 

Document with all side effects : https://www.pei.de/SharedDocs/Downloads/EN/newsroom-en/dossiers/safety-reports/safety-report-27-december-30-june-2021.pdf?__blob=publicationFile&v=6

EDIT : I am done here, too many keyboard warriors react purely from emotion and don''t do any due diligence themselves, they seem to believe in medical procedures without any risks or problems. There are none of those.

Edited by WhatsNext
  • Like 1

Reuters Fact Check looked at the VAERS figures and concluded that adverse effects post vaccination could have been caused by pre-existing conditions. So if you had migraines before and still got them it's pointless to blame the vaccine. Moreover self-reporting gives no scope for checking the veracity of the reports and anti-vaxxers are known for using any and every trick to win an unwinnable case position.

So by and large VAERS is a useful bit of fake news for anti-vaxxers but without proper scientific reviews it is not evidence of anything, just opinion.

e.g "My grandma had a BP of 195/110. 2 days after Covid Vaccination with Astra Zenica she died of a heart attack. She was only 85. Clearly Astra Zenica was responsible for her death!"

That would go into the "Bovine Excreta" column!

• Like 1

On 8/3/2021 at 12:10 PM, GroveHillWanderer said:

In case it helps - and I find it usually does, here are diagrams illustrating the two different approaches. As mentioned, Sputnik V works exactly the same as the Oxford (AZ) vaccine while SinoVac is an inactivated virus vaccine.

Ahah, my confusion then came from my (mis)-understanding that AZ also employs the whole "dead" virus as Sinovac does (what is termed the "old fashioned" way.) Thanks for the explanation and the diagrams, they helped a lot. Much appreciated.

4 hours ago, WhatsNext said:

Yes i know that, everyone knows that. You probably don't know that both the VAERS, Eudravigilance and the Paul Ehrlich Institute of Germany have recorded more adverse effects in 6 months from the covid vaccines than in the 30 years before of all other vaccines combined. Read that last line again.

Check out the findings of the German institute specially as they are independent. I think you might have fallen for the government propaganda and just not want to see the negative side of the chosen path of "Emergency use only" vaccines. None of them have had a FDA or EMA approval, don't believe me ? Google fda, ema and just look at the main page of the pfizer webpage and yes educate yourself, don't blame other if you are too lazy to read up. 

Document with all side effects : https://www.pei.de/SharedDocs/Downloads/EN/newsroom-en/dossiers/safety-reports/safety-report-27-december-30-june-2021.pdf?__blob=publicationFile&v=6

EDIT : I am done here, too many keyboard warriors react purely from emotion and don''t do any due diligence themselves, they seem to believe in medical procedures without any risks or problems. There are none of those.

Thanks for not understanding what the VAERS and others are recording. They are not "adverse effects". They are adverse events. As for the raw number of events being reported being so large, that's only natural in a huge and novel undertaking like this. What do the statistics actually show about the rate of deaths among the vaccinated before covid and now? And, of course, the rates death and of serious illness among the vaccinated versus the unvaccinated?

And by the way, the Paul Ehrlich Institute is part of the German govt. Not that they are to be mistrusted, but still, for someone who claims to be such a stickler for facts, you got this one wrong.

"The Paul-Ehrlich-Institut (PEI), the Federal Institute for Vaccines and Biomedicines, in Langen near Frankfurt/Main is a senior federal authority reporting to the Federal Ministry of Health (Bundesministerium für Gesundheit, BMG)."

https://www.pei.de/EN/institute/institute-node.html

The Paul Ehrlich Institute (German: Paul-Ehrlich-Institut – Bundesinstitut für Impfstoffe und biomedizinische Arzneimittel, PEI) is a German federal agency, medical regulatory body and research institution for vaccines and biomedicines. It was founded in 1896 and is subordinate to the Federal Ministry of Health. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Ehrlich_Institute

Edited by placeholder

4 hours ago, WhatsNext said:

Thank you, a BIG thank you,  from one that you wished "happy worrying for the next 10 years" (for getting vaxxed.) And best of luck in finding the proper venue for your vast knowledge and infinite wisdom. Also, a BIGGER thank you to folks who have chipped in to do the tiresome work of mis-info house-cleaning. Job well done!

• Haha 1

On 8/2/2021 at 1:33 PM, WhatsNext said:

Astra is dangerous if you are under 60 and healthy,

Here are the stats for TTS and DVT . I think risks is possibly a better descriptor than dangerous. Misiformation can be dangerous.

The weighted mean incidence of first DVT in the whole general population was 5.04 (95% CI 4.70, 5.38) per 10 000 person years. The incidence was similar in males and females and increased dramatically with age from about 2-3 per 10 000 person years at age 30-49 to 20 per 10 000 person years at age 70-79.
Age Estimated risk of TTS per 100,000
AstraZeneca vaccine doses (first dose)

<50 years

50-59 years

60-69 years

70-79 years

80+ years

On 8/2/2021 at 10:20 AM, HaoleBoy said:

Did the Chinese masters dictate that no US vaccines are to be used?

This is not the Chinese masters, this is Google`s response to "USA COVID" with a huge number of new daily cases. Thailand just want to solve the problem of COVID. Let's try to not look for a political sense in simple things.

Sputnik V is widely used in San Marino which is a small country inside Italy. Lots of people are walking from Italy and back every day. There are no real borders. But we don't see any significant growth of COVID new cases in San Marino. So it is very efficient against Delta variant. That is why it it of high demand in the world.
Another country in EU that uses Sputnik V - Hungary - also don't have any problems with COVID now. 

On 8/2/2021 at 11:40 AM, statman78 said:

An excellent question.  The Pfizer is already here while it will be a while before the Sputnik arrives.  I my of missed it but a few months ago it was not approved yet by Thailand because of some missing data

If not well stored say by by to Pfizer

2 hours ago, Marco100 said:

If not well stored say by by to Pfizer

The standards have changed. Like Moderna Pfizer can now be stored at a temperature of -25 to -15 degrees centiigrade for up to 6 months. A home freezer can do this.

Edited by placeholder