How much savings do I need to retire in Bangkok.

You'll be fine ! Are you going to use the 800k or  the monthly deposits for your Non B  visa ?

Living in Bkk is a little bit more expensive compared to most cities in Thailand !

About your savings ! Go slow and test the waters !

Edited by riclag
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It depends if you like the hottest young and pretty gogo dancers or if you accept those old women who are already 20 years in that business.

BB-BestGirls.png.787c825b88471cbf001895c933adbda5.png

I'm still trying to figure out which ones were born as a female. I'm guessing two of them.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

moved to Jomtien

I have always been a fan of Jomtien for the exact reasons you state here. I've lived in Bangkok, Chonburi City, a short while in a village up north, but the bulk of my time has been in Jomtien. Close enough to any action you might have a hankering for, but quiet even in "normal" times.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe you spend too much time with boys or alone or it's just your imagination.

Yeah probably my imagination remembering how the go-go girls looked in the mid eighties early nineties when they were still natural beauties, sleek, small breasted sweeties with long black hair and beautiful smiles. That was before the tattooed eyebrows, nose jobs, boob implants, braces, dyed hair and body tattoos came on the scene. With the modifications the girls do now they don't look natural so its easy to confuse them with katoeys.

• Confused 2

35 minutes ago, KeeTua said:

Yeah probably my imagination remembering how the go-go girls looked in the mid eighties early nineties when they were still natural beauties, sleek, small breasted sweeties with long black hair and beautiful smiles. That was before the tattooed eyebrows, nose jobs, boob implants, braces, dyed hair and body tattoos came on the scene. With the modifications the girls do now they don't look natural so its easy to confuse them with katoeys.

Obviously I understand your objections to tattooed eyebrows, nose jobs, boob implants and body tattoos. But braces? Braces are just cute. ????

Braces.jpg.43af3db08de02b32b9fa6cdda4e2298e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/2/2021 at 10:03 PM, Michael Burke said:

I have 220,000GBP in savings and a full U.K pension, is this enough for a non smoker and very light drinker?

With that much money I could live 4 lifetimes in LOS. Of course I wouldn't buy property, cars, gold etc  for any women, and I'd stick to renting houses and women.

Whatever, keep the 800,000 in a seperate untouched account, and put aside enough for medical insurance for the rest of your life. Then divide the balance ( allowing for inflation ) between the number of years you think you will survive. That's your rent.

Keep the pension for living expenses. Life in LOS without money is <deleted>.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Obviously I understand your objections to tattooed eyebrows, nose jobs, boob implants and body tattoos. But braces? Braces are just cute. ????

Braces.jpg.43af3db08de02b32b9fa6cdda4e2298e.jpg

She's far too pretty to rent. IMO pretty women consider themselves worth more than what they are.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

23 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It depends if you like the hottest young and pretty gogo dancers or if you accept those old women who are already 20 years in that business.

BB-BestGirls.png.787c825b88471cbf001895c933adbda5.png

The two in the front and one in the middle at the back would certainly tempt me to give up my single life, but the problem being that the funds I have saved, would probably disappear in record time!!

As far as the OP's post goes, IMO he would be better off renting a nice little apartment and taking it easy in the bars and on the bar girls!

2 minutes ago, xylophone said:

The two in the front and one in the middle at the back would certainly tempt me to give up my single life, but the problem being that the funds I have saved, would probably disappear in record time!!

As far as the OP's post goes, IMO he would be better off renting a nice little apartment and taking it easy in the bars and on the bar girls!

IMO look closely enough and one can see the baht in their eyes.

22 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I came here before there were any websites or forums to ask any advice,

just did it, worked out, sometimes it's best not to think too much and just

do it, you can always go home and live on your pension.

good luck

regards worgeordie

Live in UK on £180 a week, I think not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Which is more than twice my monthly rent in a very nice hotel in Chiang Mai near the night market.

So then he would have say Bht 15000 for the month = Bht 500 a day. Great!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/2/2021 at 5:13 PM, VocalNeal said:

I would think so. You can probably live on the pension alone, if you don't go too berserk and/or find the wrong woman. But I don't have a full UK pension so don't know.

Capital? I read somewhere 60/40 split. Which is what I intend to do. 60% invest , 40% keep liquid.

Some British banks don't like non-residents holding accounts. Maybe someone else will elucidate.  

Lloyds has an expat/offshore account as do others :thumbsup: 

there is no real answer to this question. It depends entirely upon your background and what you used to. I have very many wealthy expat friends. They employ a gardener, a maid and a driver. They eat expensive food and wine. They travel abroad once a year and so on. But I also have friends who live very well while avoiding all expats and live in a nice Thai environment, they don'T spend much money. 

• Like 1