How much savings do I need to retire in Bangkok.

Maybe the more important question is how it compares against your other choices...

I have no idea how much your pension might be and what your alternatives are... maybe start by comparing it to what your living costs might be where you are now.... and what about health insurance? 

just do the math..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

must be all of a week since the last' how much money do you need to live in Thailand' thread.

Seems to be more 'newbies' than ever regurgitating the same questions, but I guess the owners have to keep the forum ticking along in difficult times.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sungod said:

Wait until Nana reopens.

Then you should be aiming to spend about 300 quid a night on beer, hookers and kamagra jelly. You'd have enough to go out every night for about 2 years after which you would either be dead or licking windows.

The man asked a silly question , so expect a silly answer

23 minutes ago, TimBKK said:

Only 7 posts before the most useless phrase repeatedly uttered on this board makes an appearance.  Should be banned for banality, frankly.

Banned for stating the obvious? There are so many variables in the question as to make it impossible to give good or even relevant advice, 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, TimBKK said:

Only 7 posts before the most useless phrase repeatedly uttered on this board makes an appearance.  Should be banned for banality, frankly.

Or rather this whole TOPIC should be shuttered. It's been asked and answered how many times? I imagine a search would reveal all the info the OP seeks.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

How much a month does life cost you in the UK now?

If living rent free what would it cost someone else and add that to the total.

If you live outside London Bangkok will cost you about 60% of that amount to live similarly. Bangkok will cost the same as the UK if you improve your lifestyle without changing your core persona!lity.

Bangkok will cost a lot more of you change from a book reading recluse to a bell ringing hedonist.

• Like 2