COVID cases may drop in 2 weeks with extended semi-lockdown, mass vaccinations – MoPH

snoop1130

If the lockdown. Is enforced in conjunction with the mass vaccinations the curve could begin to turn over a period.

2 weeks sounds a tad optimistic but only time will tell depending on how rigorous it is upheld and how near they get to the million/day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RichardColeman said:

But that's the problem - they wont be able to vaccinate enough in just 2 weeks to make any difference whatsoever !

Even if they managed 10 million of the most vulnerable and elderly it would make a difference.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Even if they managed 10 million of the most vulnerable and elderly it would make a difference.  

They’ve only got 10 million vaccine doses for the whole of August ordered. Not likely to manage the 1 million a day you mentioned as a target.

22 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

But that's the problem - they wont be able to vaccinate enough in just 2 weeks to make any difference whatsoever !

My Mor Prom app says 14 million received first jab already and 196,000 jabbed today. 

We should be congratulating the govt., instead of criticising them at any chance.

Where I live, I can't register with a government hospital, yet foreigners can now. Where are all the 'foreigner are discriminated against brigade" now? 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

My Mor Prom app says 14 million received first jab already and 196,000 jabbed today. 

We should be congratulating the govt., instead of criticising them at any chance.

Where I live, I can't register with a government hospital, yet foreigners can now. Where are all the 'foreigner are discriminated against brigade" now? 

Register..............................................

8 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

My dear Dr Kiatiphum, thats not how it works otherwise Delta would not have been a major problem in all the other countries that were infected before Thailand

now including China it seems, so whatever discussions had gone on before with China about October Tourism start is now on the rocks - Prayut's big plan is stuffed.

As for the OP - I have no idea what it even means - what is 20% compliance - is he saying that 80% of people are not following the rules - what exact rules are they breaking - the only evicence of rule breaking that I see are at vaccination and testing centers which are all organised by officials 

• Like 1

The Thais are ever optimists. It you watch media from pretty much all the neighbor countries, they are consistent and far more realistic, acknowledging the serious state and how long it will take to make any meaningful improvements. 

Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam and Singapore are all examples. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Anton9 said:

Useless restrictions, all they do is prolonging the agony.

They had a whole year to buy vaccines and vaccinate the population but they just wasted time bragging about how good they were to stop the pandemic.

Agree. What a fall from grace! From almost first to going toward last. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

yes your hero Prayut is doing a stellar job, name one thing he has done right

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Only one comment, being able to register does not mean one will be able to get vaccinated any time soon - Yes I am one of those people