Thailand reports record high 18,901 new COVID-19 cases

webfact

1 hour ago, transam said:

Couple of weeks back I had to renew my 5 year driving licence, thought I would just go to the venue to see what the situation was now, a friend said, no tests, just walk in and out, the Covid thing.

How wrong he was, it was like the entrance to a big name football match. I got in the queue, after 5 minutes I walked out, I thought this is flushing ridiculous.

So I went to a driving school not far away to ask if they can help get my renewal. Mrs.Trans told me yes they can. So next day went to this school, watched the vid, photo taken, blah, blah. At the end of it all, eeeer, licence, oh you take this paperwork to the licencing office to get the licence...????

Mrs.Trans did receive some verbal for NOT getting the facts right. Next day I had to join the Covid scrum at the licence venue, absolutely appalling situation, and to top it all I had the eye and reaction tests.

It's no wonder Ubon is now upping the Covid numbers..????

You can do the video and quiz online now, book the appointment after you get confirmation of completing the video, and collect your license at the local office. Just pop in and pick it up with the correct documents.

5 hours ago, buick said:

if you compare thailand with india, adjusting for population.  the current numbers are approaching what india had at their peak.  20,000 cases in thailand, times 20 for population adjustment, is 400,000 for india.  and deaths is similar, 200 for thailand (roughly) is 4,000/day for india (their peak).  the total cases and deaths in thailand are still way behind but i think almost halfway so MAYBE close to a peak and experience the same amount of cases/deaths that we've had so far on the way up as we go back down.  we'll see what happens but that is how it stacks up to india right now and of course all is based on reported numbers which never capture the true numbers.

Interesting comparison. However, numbers from India are not reliable, I.e. actual deaths number may well be up to ten times higher. Using 4 million deaths in India as a basis for calculation of deaths/pop and applying it to the case of Thailand is frightening.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-57888460

5.3 million #AstraZeneca locally produced #CovidVaccine doses were delivered to #Thailand government in July, bringing total of doses produced by Siam Bioscience and handed to the country to 11.3 million, out of 61 million ordered

https://twitter.com/ThaiPBSWorld/status/1422449998394843138

Edited by anchadian

6 hours ago, anchadian said:

NEW HIGH: Chonburi Public Health Office has just announced they have 1,359 new cases and 5 more deaths. Most new cases are in Chonburi City (342), Bang Lamung/Pattaya (314), and Si Racha (314). 14,026 patients are now in care #COVID19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1422343441720123405

Further details here:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/03/chonburi-announces-record-breaking-high-of-1359-covid-19-cases-with-five-deaths/

Krabi communicable disease committee extends closure of the Vogue shopping center for another 7 days to Aug 9 for disease investigation as 21 staffers at a fried chicken shop tested positive for Covid-19. @TNAMCOT

https://twitter.com/TNAMCOTEnglish/status/1422444128428724225

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, anchadian said:

5.3 million #AstraZeneca locally produced #CovidVaccine doses were delivered to #Thailand government in July, bringing total of doses produced by Siam Bioscience and handed to the country to 11.3 million, out of 61 million ordered

https://twitter.com/ThaiPBSWorld/status/1422449998394843138

Not quite the 10 million doses of AZ the Thai government had previously promised for July....

But then again, 4-5 million a month is the new normal now, and memories of the 10 million dose per month promise never surface in most of the Thai media reports these days, especially those affiliated with the government.

As of a few days ago (and it may have changed since then), more total doses of Sinovac had been administered in Thailand since the beginning compared to total AZ doses, though the gap between the two is getting very close lately.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

5 hours ago, rct99q said:

By all appearances, we are on the downward swing of things. Kind of like the breaking of a fever, no pun intended.

Suspect things to slowly look better over the next three weeks. Seems as though the government has weathered the storm.

Three weeks, how about 3 months plus?

Profanity-laced criticisms aimed at public health officials are affecting their health and work, the government said Tuesday.

The ministry said officials were not responsible for policy and they were working hard to help the country pass this crisis.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1422459169429331969

15 minutes ago, dinsdale said:
1 hour ago, jerrymahoney said:

Oh boy and you can't wait for it to be not so rare.

This is just a stupid and insulting comment. 

The NY Times on the CDC report used the word rare(ly) 3 times and infrequent once. It made no mention that such would not be the case any time soon. That was your comment that it's just getting started.

The article also states: 

An internal agency document, which was obtained on Thursday night by The Times, suggested even greater alarm among C.D.C. scientists and raised harrowing questions about the virus and its trajectory.

The Delta variant is about as contagious as chickenpox, the document noted, and universal masking may become necessary.  Still, breakthrough infections overall are infrequent, according to the agency.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/30/health/cdc-vaccinated-delta.html

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Thanks 1

Just now, anchadian said:

Profanity-laced criticisms aimed at public health officials are affecting their health and work, the government said Tuesday.

The ministry said officials were not responsible for policy and they were working hard to help the country pass this crisis.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1422459169429331969

Absolutly brilliant. It's true the officials are not reponsible for policy and the ones who are it is now an offence to say their policies are putting the officials in this postion. The mind set of a 'democratically' elected junta well on show now. Boy I've said that before. Just beggars belief of the intelligence or lack thereof of those who a: forced their way into power and b; rigged an election.

4 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I would think he's just a decent guy whose job it is to take care of the foreign teachers at his school.

We'd have to agree to disagree on this one. Sure, he should be a gentleman if he wants to but it's not difficult to leave early.  Many others are sacrificing much more than half a day extra at an airport.   Just unnecessary and bad IMO 

1 hour ago, jerrymahoney said:

The report also states: "The Delta variant is about as contagious as chickenpox, the document noted, and universal masking may become necessary.  Still, breakthrough infections overall are infrequent, according to the (CDC) agency.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/30/health/cdc-vaccinated-delta.html

Thanks for your post  keeping it in perspective 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

I'm sorry your intellectual capacity cannot see possible senarios involving an ever elvolving virus. I reiterate to say .....your words "Oh boy and you can't wait for it to be not so rare." is an absolute disgrace. 

Your exact word were:  "It may be rare for now but the breakthrough is only recent." Do you know something the US CDC does not?

They say the delta variant is  as contagious as chickenpox and still refer to breakthrough as 'infrequent'.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

I'm sorry your intellectual capacity cannot see possible senarios involving an ever elvolving virus. I reiterate to say .....your words "Oh boy and you can't wait for it to be not so rare." is an absolute disgrace. 

It’s got nothing to do with intellectual capacity. 

He is reporting it as it is now not guessing what the future scenarios may be in your world.  That is just scaremongering and I’m surprised it’s being allowed on light of the clamp down on the social media fake news announcement. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

It’s not nothing to do with intellectual capacity. 

He is reporting it as it is now not guessing what the future scenarios may be in your world.  That is just scaremongering and I’m surprised it’s being allowed on light of the clamp down on social media announcement. 

Well I call it rational thought.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

I'm sorry but what does this make you think when something is evolving. Breakthrough is very recent. Vaccinations are in the short history of this virus which has evolved into various variants are only recent. Delta is now the dominat variant of Sars-Cov-2 globally. Delta is adapting and changing to ensure it's own survival and spread. Can you not see this?

Can you explain  why Delta is the only variant in the UK and the numbers of infections and deaths are still falling?

3 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

I'm sorry but what does this make you think when something is evolving. Breakthrough is very recent. Vaccinations are in the short history of this virus which has evolved into various variants are only recent. Delta is now the dominat variant of Sars-Cov-2 globally. Delta is adapting and changing to ensure it's own survival and spread. Can you not see this?

I don 't think. I quoted a NY Times report on a CDC document. They make no such extrapolation as you do. Do you think they need a lesson on morphing viruses?

Just now, jerrymahoney said:

I don 't think. I quoted a NY Times report on a CDC document. They make no such extrapolation as you do. Do you think they need a lesson on morphing viruses?

Up to you mate. What were they saying about Sars-Cov-2 18 months ago and what are they saying now. Think you'll find it's changed as it will change into the near future.