Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Thailand reports record high 18,901 new COVID-19 cases

webfact

27 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

It’s got nothing to do with intellectual capacity. 

He is reporting it as it is now not guessing what the future scenarios may be in your world.  That is just scaremongering and I’m surprised it’s being allowed on light of the clamp down on the social media fake news announcement. 

Every medical expert involved in this in the world at this very momemt is trying to predict what is going to happen in relation to the spread of this virus. That is their world. Their job. Your world would seem not to have any forward vision. I gave an opinion that vaccine breakthrough will become more common. You disagree that's up to you. Our brains obviously work in different ways.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

However that study did not take into account pre symptomatic where they are first asymptomatic but then later develop symptoms. Its now generally accepted that true asymptomatic account for just 17-30% max of all covid patients. Look at any study from this year, not last year, or any goverment statistics including the UK or US

So even using 30%...you can whack a third of the 19k "sick" people off every day's total cases.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

So even using 30%...you can whack a third of the 19k "sick" people off every day's total cases.

Sure, although they still need isolating to stop the possibility however small of passing it on, after all when you are asymptomatic you will not know if you do then develop symptoms in a few days.

4 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Can you find someting that isn't more than a year old. I can't find anything directly related to Delta. Of course the higher the number of asymptomatic and presymptomatic the more it will spread.

It was one of the first studies from a Google search of "Coronavirus asymptomatic infections" and from a reputable medical journal. I'm sure thousands of studies on the virus have been published to date and I'm not going through each one that's for sure. Most media sources also use the 40-50% number. As for spread, thank you for stating the obvious.

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Sure, although they still need isolating to stop the possibility however small of passing it on, after all when you are asymptomatic you will not know if you do then develop symptoms in a few days.

I agree.

• Like 1

Just now, jerrymahoney said:

I don't find anything. I let the experts do it and I don't mean the 'experts' on here.

Experts were saying you don't need to wear masks. Now they do. I was saying you need to wear a mask on here before the experts in the USA, the UK and Australia did. I was right and they were wrong. LOL.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Experts were saying you don't need to wear masks. Now they do. I was saying you need to wear a mask on here before the experts in the USA, the UK and Australia did. I was right and they were wrong. LOL.

You were saying on here. Noted.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

It was one of the first studies from a Google search of "Coronavirus asymptomatic infections" and from a reputable medical journal. I'm sure thousands of studies on the virus have been published to date and I'm not going through each one that's for sure. Most media sources also use the 40-50% number. As for spread, thank you for stating the obvious.

Well yes I did state the obvious but as the graph shows from @TallGuyJohninBKKit seems that asymptomatic and presymptomatic are in the same categorory. I have seen this lugged together (which is a misuse) since the beginning. If you can show me something that differentiates between asymptomatic and presymtomatic as a % of identified cases I would be most grateful. It would also have to relate to delta as this beast if different. Thanks.

Just now, jerrymahoney said:

You were saying on here. Noted.

Some of us were on here from the beginnig. You don't need to believe me and I really don't care but I I'm talking about us "doomsayers" on here who just happened as it turned out to be right.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

Some of us were on here from the beginnig. You don't need to believe me and I really don't care but I I'm talking about us "doomsayers" on here who just happened as it turned out to be right.

So you said it on here. Does it make a difference if you say something on here? I have written there is only one way that Prayut will be relieved of duties many times and been razzed and in a SCMP article linked today it says just the same thing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, anchadian said:

Directed to those who are actually 'tourists' as apposed to those who are joining family.  For them I doubt the restrictions will make any difference.

It appears, as usual that the announcement has ambiguities and as per Richard Barrow, a few hours ago, swimming pools in SHA+ accommodation in Phuket will be allowed to open. I have copied below from another thread and apologise for the text. I am using a small phone!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">UPDATE: TAT Phuket has just confirmed for me that SHA+ hotels are allowed to keep their swimming pools open. However, people from outside are not allowed to use them. I’m still trying to find out if hotel restaurants are also exempt from the alcohol ban. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Thailand?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Thailand</a> <a href="https://t.co/dElBph6aab">pic.twitter.com/dElBph6aab</a></p>&mdash; Richard Barrow (@RichardBarrow) <a href="https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1422403410259709963?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 3, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Edited by Rhacsyn
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, scorecard said:

"...

I barked at a guy for breathing down my neck in the 7/11 yesterday. Why can't they STAY AWAY from other people!?! Especially strangers!" 

My Thai (well educated) son tells me that nothing has changed in terms of the vast majority of Thais don't read news sites or newspapers, never watch the main TV news programs, their employers make no attempt to keep them informed. Plus some believe ridiculous comments if they are actually listening. 'Doesn't apply to me, only applies to Pattaya, etc.

Worst example, my son has 23 kids going to the same quite good government bi-lingual primary/high school. Son asked the headmistress recently 'what extra precautions are you taking re the Covid 19 situation? She listened because she's a little frightened of my sons position. Her reply 'It's not a problem because the government doesn't allow Covid 19 to come into schools'.

My son tried to explain that it doesn't work like that.

Her response 'well that's the policy of the gov't and the ed. ministry.

Son gave up but he ensures that his kids have clean masks and puts a new box of masks in the class rooms his kids occupy plus new bottles of hand sanitizer.

He had one incident where he put a new full bottle of sanitizer with hand pump in one of the rooms before the kids went into the class room early morning.

The teacher asked him 'why'. His response 'the old bottle is empty'.

Teachers response 'but I think there's no need to have a new bottle, 1 bottle is enough.'

My wife asked one of the people renting an Apartment why She had a gang of people all Drinking and BBQ outside under the main Tree.

"dont you know about Covid asked my Wife "

" its no problem was the reply, these people are from the same Factory as me"

Retards or what.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Cake Monster said:

My wife asked one of the people renting an Apartment why She had a gang of people all Drinking and BBQ outside under the main Tree.

"dont you know about Covid asked my Wife "

" its no problem was the reply, these people are from the same Factory as me"

Retards or what.

Yes they are not the sharpest tools in the shed.  Sort of like the "What do you mean I can get Covid, I have been vaccinated with the first Jab" person

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

Can you explain  why Delta is the only variant in the UK and the numbers of infections and deaths are still falling?

Whilst things are not “back to normal” generally most of UK is open again now.

Numbers of infections in UK have been rising as a result of the reopening but now seem to have plateaued again.

Numbers of hospital admissions and deaths as a proportion of new infections are much lower than previous waves.

The reason is simple and easily explained:

It is summer and infections have a history of falling at this time and probably more importantly so  far, more than 46.8 million people have had a first vaccine dose - nearly 90% of the adult population - and more than 38 million - over 70% of adults - have had both doses. 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55274833

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, meltonpie said:

Whilst things are not “back to normal” generally most of UK is open again now.

Numbers of infections in UK have been rising as a result of the reopening but now seem to have plateaued again.

Numbers of hospital admissions and deaths as a proportion of new infections are much lower than previous waves.

The reason is simple and easily explained:

It is summer and infections have a history of falling at this time and probably more importantly so  far, more than 46.8 million people have had a first vaccine dose - nearly 90% of the adult population - and more than 38 million - over 70% of adults - have had both doses. 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55274833

The reason is that there are a large amount of people vaccinated, not because it is summer and infections have a history of falling.  Covid still is running rampant, especially the Delta variant. So lets try again

8 hours ago, steven100 said:

Numbers high everywhere .... Italy recorded it's at highest, UK, US  and so on .....  

Absolutely devastating effects worldwide ..... 

and if it's proven that CHINA IS TO BLAME  .......   what next ?   what will be done   ?     PUNISH   ?   how   ? 

All of this sorry mess may be coming back Home to China in the form of a Major Outbreak of the Covid Delta Variant which has been reported.

It started in Nanjing, and has already spread to about 15 Provinces and also Beijing

8 hours ago, anchadian said:

New restrictions start in Phuket today and last for two weeks. All public and private swimming pools must close and alcohol cannot be sold or drunk in restaurants #PhuketSandbox #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1422363331147403267

Either all pools close, including hotel and resort pools or all pools remain open. Either all restaurants, including hotel and resort restaurants cease serving alcohol or all food establishments may continue to do so. To give preference to Hotels and Resorts is clearly very one sided ........ but of the course the Sandbox was only meant to serve the Hotels and Resorts by design. 

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

The numbers for the Northeast have definitely been growing. Stay safe folks

The real scary part of the Infections that have become rampant in the North East and other Provinces, is that when BKK seems to be almost clear of Infections, all those that ran away will return.

And yes they will bring back the Virus with them.

There is a massive flaw in the Gov,t strategy to try and curtail Infections, and its something they do not even seem to consider in the mandates.

its Inter provincial Travel.

Welcome home outbreak Number 4

• Thanks 2

OK, while we are on the topic of Covid, this is specifically addressed to the "defenders of the realm", who often say they are not doing a bad job here, look around the world at all the Covid problems, blah, blah, blah. 

My chief complaints about Covid here are the uneven way the lockdowns and shutdowns, and restrictions are imposed on the little guys and gals, and the mega failure of the vaccination program.

So, I have a riddle for you guys. Just went to Tesco. There were typical clusters of three to eight people waiting on line. Outside, all of the small shops were shut down. A small shop in front usually has one person working, who is serving one customer, at most, in the fresh air, with circulation. So, how is this a greater hazard than the groups inside Tesco, with little circulation, and the same applies to Home Pro, Makro, etc.? Simply a powerful lobby? A mega corporation? Or is there actually some science behind this bone headed cruelty?

Any reasonable explanation for this? Or is it simply picking on the little guy, and sabotaging more lives and more economic potential? 

• Like 2

The Justice Ministry has outlined how prisons nationwide will increase production of the green chiretta, or Fah Talai Jone (Andrographis paniculata) medicinal herb, to help fight the COVID-19 pandemic.

Minister Somsak Thepsuthin revealed the details at a meeting with Corrections Department Director-General Aryut Sintoppant and prison wardens nationwide via video conference, saying the ministry has implemented a measure to plant herbs, especially green chiretta, in free spaces inside prisons to help meet increasing demand.

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10158179839702050

May be an image of flower, outdoors and text that says "SIEN NBT WORLD Thailand's Justice Minister Outlines Production of Green Chiretta Medicinal Herb"

• Confused 1

TIMELINE: Pattaya and Banglamung inform residents who visited places in relation to the most recent Chonburi confirmed Covid –19 cases

List of places here:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/03/timeline-pattaya-and-banglamung-informs-residents-who-visited-places-in-relation-to-most-recent-chonburi-confirmed-covid-19-cases-7/

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

A word of caution. There are those on here who will use sarcasm to criticize you if you do any calculations using official numbers, and then go on to say that the official numbers aren’t the real numbers.

the concept of using the official numbers as a statistical baseline from which various scenarios can be extrapolated, dependent on estimated variations from those numbers, is beyond their intellectual capacity.

I expect they will be along later to try and prove how clever they are.

right.  my comparison is just a data point and i did include the qualifier that reported numbers are not necessarily an accurate picture.  one thing, we did see funeral pyres in india and i haven't seen that in thailand just yet.

i'll also say that links from western media outlets aren't all that reliable these days.  there is alot of scare mongering going on.  i know it is bad and it may get worse but there are positive stories to tell.  we never hear about recoveries, those are very important things.  it is always about one of the 'worst' outcomes, like an unvaccinated person in ICU that died yesterday and last words were 'i wish i got the vaccine'.  and during that same day, a giant swath of the population was vaccinated, hundreds of thousands using the US as an example.  there is a positive view that can be put in place with those metrics.

[[Template core/front/global/userPhoto is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]