Thailand reports record high 18,901 new COVID-19 cases

webfact

9 hours ago, steven100 said:

Numbers high everywhere .... Italy recorded it's at highest, UK, US  and so on .....  

Absolutely devastating effects worldwide ..... 

and if it's proven that CHINA IS TO BLAME  .......   what next ?   what will be done   ?     PUNISH   ?   how   ? 

In the  UK the  number of new unvaccinated is down yet the number of cases of the vaccinated has increased. 

Israel, Chile and other countries with a high  vaccination rate report similar findings and it's the D variant on the march. 

Lies,damned lies and statistics!

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

All of this sorry mess may be coming back Home to China in the form of a Major Outbreak of the Covid Delta Variant which has been reported.

It started in Nanjing, and has already spread to about 15 Provinces and also Beijing

we can only hope ....

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

My wife asked one of the people renting an Apartment why She had a gang of people all Drinking and BBQ outside under the main Tree.

"dont you know about Covid asked my Wife "

" its no problem was the reply, these people are from the same Factory as me"

Retards or what.

Even worse, years ago I worked at an oil refinery at Map Ta Phut, the company was extremely careful about safety and every person (repeat every person, VIPs and all) who had never been on the site before had to sit through a 1 hr video then participate in a 10 minute quiz session.

A new maintenance team arrived and went through the safety process. A couple of hours later one of the senior Thai engineers on site found a Thai engineer (part of the new maintenance team) sitting at the bottom of a process vessel which emits large amounts of flammable fumes, signs everywhere Thai and English about the serious danger. The visiting Thai engineer was smoking a cigarette*. The site Thai senior engineer grabbed the cigarette putting the lighted end into the palm of his hand (to ensure sparks or embers didn't float around) and put the cigarette out. 

He then asked the visiting engineer 'didn't you see the safety video? His answer YES.

'So why are you smoking?'

Answer: "I think it's OK because my brother works here."

(*The outside security company was also dismissed the same day and an internal team quickly assembled. The outside security company were responsible to seriously ask every visitor to hand over nay cigarettes, matches, cigarette lighters, pagers, mobile phones etc., before visitors allowed to enter the compound. Turns out several of their team were late for their shift so their supervisor let the visitors in without the check. Within a few days a new outside security company got the contract however the CEO created several new company positions, to be occupied by qualified engineers with experience on refinery sites to monitor the staff of the outside security workers 24/7.)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, laislica said:

In the  UK the  number of new unvaccinated is down yet the number of cases of the vaccinated has increased. 

Israel, Chile and other countries with a high  vaccination rate report similar findings and it's the D variant on the march. 

Lies,damned lies and statistics!

Where do you see lies? It’s absolutely logical. 

Bangkok Pattaya is now pre registering for Astrazeneca Covid19 vaccines for foreigners in #Pattaya over 60 or with pre existing conditions. However according to them you must be a current regular patient of theirs.

https://twitter.com/The_PattayaNews/status/1422513734442917898

• Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, anchadian said:

TIMELINE: Pattaya and Banglamung inform residents who visited places in relation to the most recent Chonburi confirmed Covid –19 cases

List of places here:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/03/timeline-pattaya-and-banglamung-informs-residents-who-visited-places-in-relation-to-most-recent-chonburi-confirmed-covid-19-cases-7/

Why don't they do this for Bangkok?

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

My wife asked one of the people renting an Apartment why She had a gang of people all Drinking and BBQ outside under the main Tree.

"dont you know about Covid asked my Wife "

" its no problem was the reply, these people are from the same Factory as me"

Retards or what.

Well, intentionally or not, there's some logic in it. If one of her friends get covid, they will be contaminated at work anyway.

• Like 1

Breakdown of fatalities by Province:

The fatalities were 84 men and 63 women

Bangkok (55)

Pathum Thani (11)

Samut Sakhon (8)

Pattani (7)

Nakhon Pathom (6)

Nonthaburi (5)

Songkhla (5)

Samut Prakan (4)

Roi Et (4)

Chaiyaphom (3)

Sukhothai (3)

Tak (3)

Chanthaburi (3)

Ang Thong (3)

Narathiwas (2)

Nakhon Si Thammarat (2)

Phayao (2)

Kampangpetch (2)

Chainat (2),

Prachinburi (2)

Saraburi (2)

Yala (1)

Trang (1)

Ranong (1)

Nakhon Ratchasima (1)

Yasothon (1)

Surin (1)

Nakhon Sawan (1)

Phetchaburi (1)

Rayon (1)

Sa Kaeo (1)

Prachuap Khiri Khan (1)

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/03/recap-thailand-reports-18901-daily-covid-19-infections-with-147-additional-deaths-332299-new-vaccinated-people-reported-nationwide-in-the-past-24-hours/

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:
11 hours ago, webfact said:

, Dr. Kiattiphum Wongrajit, said today that there is a big difference in the infection and fatality numbers when the lockdown’s effectiveness is increased from 20 to 25 percent

Where is the extra 5% coming from?

Surely not the fact that only home delivery of food is available and not take away from malls.

What exactly are they quantifying here? What is the unit of measure for "lockdown effectiveness"? Is it gallons, or lumens or pounds per square inch? Bushels? Grains? Meters? It's 25% of what? BS maybe?

Yes, that must be it, there's 5% more BS than before.

7 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

What exactly are they quantifying here? What is the unit of measure for "lockdown effectiveness"? Is it gallons, or lumens or pounds per square inch? Bushels? Grains? Meters? It's 25% of what? BS maybe?

Yes, that must be it, there's 5% more BS than before.

The percentage of how mobility has decreased since the measures started, the baseline being 100% = normal mobility without any measures. My guess. 

Edited by cocoonclub

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Just a question.

Vaguely recall Buriram having connection to big government.

Anutin?

I could be completely wrong there.

From the Thai Enquirer article previously linked:

"Buriram is the stronghold of the Bhumjai Thai party, the leader of the party Anutin Charnvirakul serves as both the Deputy Prime Minister and the Minister of Public Health."

Newin Chidchob is probably involved.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:
9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Just a question.

Vaguely recall Buriram having connection to big government.

Anutin?

I could be completely wrong there.

From the Thai Enquirer article previously linked:

"Buriram is the stronghold of the Bhumjai Thai party, the leader of the party Anutin Charnvirakul serves as both the Deputy Prime Minister and the Minister of Public Health."

Newin Chidchob is probably involved.

Anutin Charnvirakul aka the future ex- Prime Minister.

(did i just say that out loud?)