Tourism minister admits his targets won't be met - blames surge in Covid cases

webfact

26 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

I always wondered, who put this gentleman into this position in the first place. Others of his calibre usually work as MCs and entertainers. 

Nepotism, corruption leads to incompetence and, ultimately, death.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I know he's the wealthiest member of the regime's cabinet.

And his wife is the wealthiest MP.

But gotta ask how he did so well given his apparent lack of, well just about about everything.

Am guessing old money, inherited, part of the "network".

Probably buying and selling, he buys for 100 Baht and sells for 200 Baht and lives from this 10% profit. ???? 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 8:01 PM, SooKee said:

There will be 7 tourists each spending 9 billion baht per day, solved.

I'm cheap, and only have a day in between flights.  But count me in for a billion. 

These Ministry fellows are from the Bozone. Get a red tie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, djayz said:

I have come to hate all these new phrases being thrown around these past new months. Sandbox, Sky Blue Zones, the new normal, etc. 

It's ok really, give the idiots something to do other than making stupid decisions. 

• Like 2

even i have apartemnt and gf  in thai, i was neevr think going back even phuket not

and nothing in the head for return before 2022 end, and even only if any restrictions off ( and of course nightlife open the only i still love in thai)

GF just returned back to me , even she board now from thai and here get injection pfizer within 2 week)  ,after she was go back last year with embassy flight

and we sitting in paradies..... all open no <deleted>, clean air clean natural

IMG-20210730-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20210730-WA0018.jpg

IMG-20210803-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20210803-WA0016.jpg

11 hours ago, lapamita said:

even i have apartemnt and gf  in thai, i was neevr think going back even phuket not

and nothing in the head for return before 2022 end, and even only if any restrictions off ( and of course nightlife open the only i still love in thai)

GF just returned back to me , even she board now from thai and here get injection pfizer within 2 week)  ,after she was go back last year with embassy flight

and we sitting in paradies..... all open no <deleted>, clean air clean natural

IMG-20210730-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20210730-WA0018.jpg

IMG-20210803-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20210803-WA0016.jpg

Is this Paradise available for everyone?

I mean Christians, Muslims, Jews....I wonder, do they speak spanish over there, in Paradise?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/3/2021 at 9:54 AM, webfact said:

He has had to admit that the raging pandemic in Thailand has dealt a hammer blow to his plans and that of the government to welcome millions of foreign tourists. 

whoowww,.... how long did it take him to come up with that finding, delisuonal as always, how hard was it to see the writing on the wall

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 2

On 8/3/2021 at 3:18 AM, zhounan said:

The virus is the perfect excuse for every failure and every political decision.

Who knows how much longer we will have to witness this house of cards being held up with spit?

I give it a few more months at best before the system collapses in on itself and the current government along with Health Minister aka With No Degree LOSER! gets his butt kicked out of office. They have used Covid as a money making scam since day one. The common Thais were and have been totally ignored and used as pawns in the process. And always remember the Thai insurances companies and their direct connections to government are much to blame. But hey knock yourself out those desperate and stupid keep giving them your money.

I bought tickets on Etihad flight couple of months ago.

When i bought it i was first to call a shot. All others sit were not taken.

Few weeks ago some pair took two seats and that's it since then.

For now there are only 5 sits taken in a whole plane. I never seen anything like this. And thats a november "high season" plane. 

Whole Thai tourism industry is in <deleted>. My condolences if u still hold ur Dusit Thani stocks

• Like 1

4 hours ago, boogiewoogie said:

I bought tickets on Etihad flight couple of months ago.

When i bought it i was first to call a shot. All others sit were not taken.

Few weeks ago some pair took two seats and that's it since then.

For now there are only 5 sits taken in a whole plane. I never seen anything like this. And thats a november "high season" plane. 

Whole Thai tourism industry is in <deleted>. My condolences if u still hold ur Dusit Thani stocks

What did you expect , people lining up for travel ?

November might have been start for high season before2020 , but in reality , as long as i visit Thailand ( and i was always there in November ) it was always a very very quiet month . But but but ... people are wanting to come to holiday .... ok agreed , we do not come 1st day which is supposed to be easier then before and beside that , like somebody mentioned in another topic , it takes planning . I hope to come in January now , and i watch this month at least before i make any decision .

Besides that , you still going long way travel , long way travel is something daring in these times , so forget about 99% of families . And behind that , do not forget that nightlife is closed , so not fun to be look forward to even if you want to . Experienced people to Thailand still want to come , so surely some more people will come , and it wont be a complete failure , but do not expect even 20% of the visits of 2019 . Thinking more , there's the difficulty travel , less flights , more rules , many things to think about .... .... .... it ain't easy , even if you want to come , even if the entry rules have been down to manageable lvls .

People need to realize the world right now isn't the world of 2019 , even if we want to . Long haul travel right now is something not for weak hearth people . It is people with a long bond to that country , they should give them a livelong visa , because they want to go that extra mileage . I know it won't happen , but still if you think about it ...