Is the stupid 90 days reporting application dead AGAIN ?

On 8/3/2021 at 4:43 PM, foreverlomsak said:

A friend was once informed in the local office that they don't like the on-line reporting and want everybody to attend the office in person.

I told this to Ubonjoe and he scoffed. I conspiratorially believe the whole thing is a make work system. I doubt it will ever come back.

Of course, the human rights issue here is forcing us to do this nonsensical report in person literally some are taking their lives in their hands by reporting in person.

You could be stupid enough to do it by mail though.

1 hour ago, david555 said:

I was same time aprox there yesterday and indeed some went inside but me and some others had collecting passports and directed to the waiting area ....maybe they restrict up to a certain number inside?

Anyway i had that different approach ...i can not say different .

I hope in a few weeks for ret.ext. i can go inside to desk 8 , as it takes a more personal approach ...example if bankbook and documents sometimes need on a page a forgotten signing or tel number to correct ....if would sit outside it could take a much "in & out " for that lady with risk bankbook or passport could get lost ????

However the waiting outside is indeed more covid safe

So, it's come to that? We risk our lives to get up and back on a variety of public transportation but they know better and keep the dirty farang at bay, outside. Why? It's obviously a danger and something that shouldn't be done at all.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cuchulainn said:

I have been here 24 years. Let's see...

90 day report 24x4 = 96 times

Annual extension= 24 times

Total reporting= 120 times

Plus I own my own condo,  have a yellow tabien baan and pink ID card and old work permits.

You'd think that all this paperwork, especially the yellow book would have some clout.

My files must take up most of their space

????????

It's ridiculous.

You're looking at it the wrong way.

It's employment for RTP and voters (tax payer expense) for that side of the game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I know its too late for you this time, buy maybe you could try entering all your data manually from scratch and not use the autofill function of the browser. I had a problem with autofill but when I entered everything manually, I was successful. 

Tried that also, no luck. Was thinking maybe they forced an in person visit after an extension where I stopped using an agent. More than likely though, probably just a bug in their online system.

On 8/4/2021 at 11:11 AM, maxx58 said:

Same here. Used to work great before I did my extension of stay. After that I have gotten the 'overstay' notice for the past two times trying to do the 90 day report, whether it's on my computer, iPhone, or iPad.

Their utter stupidity does nothing but cause problems for everyone...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

Their utter stupidity does nothing but cause problems for everyone...

Speaking of utter stupidity.....

I wonder if Thai imm officers seeing all the folk line up for 90 report, have a laugh as they are saying each other.....

... "Do these stupid farang know that they can do 90 day report via mail" 

Edited by DrJack54

On 8/3/2021 at 4:43 PM, foreverlomsak said:

Ditto on the software, but it didn't, got the contact your local office message.

I have renewed my extension of stay since my last office 90 day report, that may be the problem.

A friend was once informed in the local office that they don't like the on-line reporting and want everybody to attend the office in person.

Well that doesn't make any sense because anybody can do your 90 days as long as they have completed form and your passport. 

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

... "Do these stupid farang know that they can do 90 day report via mail"

Too much room for things to end up missing and/or go wrong. The fewer "Thai people" that are involved the better as far as I'm concerned.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

Too much room for things to end up missing and/or go wrong. The fewer "Thai people" that are involved the better as far as I'm concerned.

I already posted above that there is a simple mail option also.

However I guess that might also make some folk skittish.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I already posted above that there is a simple mail option also.

However I guess that might also make some folk skittish.

Yeah it does tend to make people skittish... We are the ones that are ultimately responsible for compliance with ALL immigration laws, period.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

Yeah it does tend to make people skittish... We are the ones that are ultimately responsible for compliance with ALL immigration laws, period.

Why the capitals for ALL.

The thread is about 90 day reports.

1. Online: for some doesn't work and sometimes is down.

2. In Person: For some not convenient as long distance from imm office or wanting to avoid crowds.

3. Via Mail: Easy option (small # of offices might not accept mail option) 

4. Use of Agent. Some folk concerned re security etc. Very convenient and cheap.

5. Fail to do it: 2000 baht fine no other issues. However will need to do next one in person.

Personally I use mail as too many issues with online. Hit and miss.

Folk should choose option that suits them.

Then perhaps daily threads about 90 day reports could end.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Why the capitals for ALL.

The thread is about 90 day reports.

I'm tired of explaining things that shouldn't need explaining to other adults, period!!!

NO rebuttal is necessary!!!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

After having done on-line 90-day reports for some time, last week I got the notification to go to the office. This was apparently due to the fact that they had not updated my new extension of stay date though it was listed on my previous 90-day on-line report in early May. So I was on '70 day or so overstay'  in the system. Went to MTT, arrived at ca 08.30. Small copy shop at the entrance, 2 Baht/page, same as CW (and same terrible quality by the way). Signs point to the A counter in a parking lot 2nd floor where you get a que number. Mine was in the high sixties. There is seating for ca 60 persons or so. People are called in batches of ten. They were just starting when I got my que number and it took about 40 min to reach the counter. Actual process took less than a minute, only passport and TM.47 required (but bring a print of your last 90 day approval just in case). MTT is a bit in the middle of nowhere but lots of taxis. A taxi to the new Red Line Laksi station is less than 80 B (little bit more the other way as there a U-turn on CW road required). Nice flashy train (free for the moment) but only goes twice an hour outside peak periods. At Bang Sue Grand Station you can follow the signs to the MRT Blue Line.