Is the stupid 90 days reporting application dead AGAIN ?

One time online worked for me, the next time not.

I avoid now to make myself angry, because of the unsuccessful trying. Do it now by post with the demanded documents. It's so relaxing. In general, ~ 1 week after sending the registered letter , I receive already the answer.

This month I will do it personally together with my yearly extension of stay.

50 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

I always go in person, in my case to MTT, to get this done. Straightforward and quick. 

Straightforward and quick once you get there, perhaps, but an hour or so of travel in each direction to get there and back for anyone who doesn't live in northern Bangkok.

1 hour ago, Chris.B said:

I find it amazing that in a raging pandemic, they want people to report in person at their offices.

I am in a dark red zone now. Avoid unnecessary travel. I have told them where I live more than 100 times. What should I do? 55...I know.

• Like 2

Phuket Immigration has a Drive Thru window for 90 Day Reporting ( and two other routine things, new TM 30 perhaps ?)which is a reliable ten second process every time (I am told).
Little Used but always Open from my observations going to that Imm. office. Requires your Visa / Extn issued from there I suppose.

Yes you must “ go there”, in your or friend/ family vehicle if you are not mobile or sick, but no waiting much and no covid risk or inconvenience from waiting in crowded offices.

If you prefer not to go to Imm. and Online not working, or your stamp not from local Imm., Agent will do it for you for 500 baht.

15 minutes ago, Fab5BKK said:

In clear, online reporting not reliable (understatement). Therefore, we are forced to go to either the nearest post office or the immigration office... during pandemic time... with a high risk of contamination

BTW, I've just read that there's a ban on all public gatherings that could result in spread of Covid-19 (topic on Aseannow).

My question: are we sure that in-person 90-day reports @ immigration office still legal??? Just asking

What is 100% certain is that if you fail to do a 90 day report, within the deadlines, you will pay a 2,000 Baht penalty.

1 hour ago, zhounan said:

Apparently some people can, others cannot. I am among those who can't.

Every time I ask what the problem is, nobody can give me an answer.

If you are using the website and can’t get past the first page, you are entering information that doesn’t match the database. I have to enter incorrect data to get it to work,

You can try as many times as you want. Only enter information in the red stared boxes. Always/only use drop down menus if available. 

the application always fails for me, online works. 

• Like 1

It worked for me the last 3 times, but not this time. I get the contact your local office message. I have renewed my Retirement Extension since the last time it worked.

I tried Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome to no avail. I've tried for 3 consecutive days, starting from 12 days before due date, still no luck.

Eventually I rang the Immigration Hotline and the lady tried to be helpful, taking me through the possible reasons, such as new passport, leaving the country, trying a different browser. Then she gave up and supplied me with the telephone number of my local immigration office, but I've decided just to go there and get it done.

1 hour ago, greeneking said:

I am in a dark red zone now. Avoid unnecessary travel. I have told them where I live more than 100 times. What should I do? 55...I know.

I have been here 24 years. Let's see...

90 day report 24x4 = 96 times

Annual extension= 24 times

Total reporting= 120 times

Plus I own my own condo,  have a yellow tabien baan and pink ID card and old work permits.

You'd think that all this paperwork, especially the yellow book would have some clout.

My files must take up most of their space

????????

It's ridiculous.

Edited by Cuchulainn

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

If you are using the website and can’t get past the first page, you are entering information that doesn’t match the database. I have to enter incorrect data to get it to work,

You can try as many times as you want. Only enter information in the red stared boxes. Always/only use drop down menus if available. 

the application always fails for me, online works. 

First name and middle name leave blank ? there is no red asterisk there.....

32 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

First name and middle name leave blank ? there is no red asterisk there.....

They are not required but there have been offices rejecting a report for not having at least the first name on it.

• Like 2

You have to understand one thing about this 90 day reporting software; it not a real commercial viable enterprise software solution.

It's just a piece of <deleted> IM software to fill a need; like ticking the box for compliance. 

If it was enterprise resilient and supported as such it would have an English speaking support help desk you could call to report and have issues resolved in real-time like most enterprise organization do.

That would require a individual or individuals that were competent with the software and had access to IM database reporting records.    

It would also require them to have authority to edit or update your immigration data to allow successful online 90 day reporting.

At worst they could have a reporting support system attached where you could raise a ticket for your issue.

Summary; It ain't ever going to happen here in this country!  

If it works  for you good; if it doesn't work don't waste your time online; life is to short.

PS. Like many of you it did work for me for over a year and then just stopped one month; I sent all the diagnostic information with screenshots of the issue to division 1 email which was passed to the appropriate department (their email reply); the black hole never to be heard from again.

57 minutes ago, Snoopax said:

They want us to stay home because of the COVID plandemic, and they do everything to get us to go there.
Thai logic ?

Ah, the good old "plan"demic.  Thought that one went out of style, along with the duck lips selfie pose. ????

5 hours ago, Brickbat said:

I got fined 2000 thb for being 2 days overdue . Like prisoners! 

If  it doesnt work this time Ill  just ignore it until visa renewal time and  then tell em I aint coming into their festering covid  den............then pay the fine after moaning to them about it, not that they give a sheite

9 hours ago, rwill said:

Last year it worked fine for me.  This year I have not been able to use it.  It tells me I have to go to the office.  None of my information has changed.  My last 90 day report I told the local office I couldn't do it online.  They told me the problem is in Bangkok.

This really is absurd. The Pattaya Immigration office was packed with people doing 90-day reports because they couldn't do it online. It used to be a 5 minute job for me, but today it was almost an hour in a busy office. First queue up to get in (no distancing here), then enter a packed office to hand in my passport and get a ticket to go back outside again to wait in a busy waiting area. They certainly are trying their best to increase the rate of covid infections. The immigration offices will be become super-spreader facility if this continues.

I actually anticipated that, due to the current huge infection rate, that there would be a notice outside saying that 90-day reporting has been temporarily suspended, but no, it was worse and slower than ever, forcing me to spend a lot of time in close social contact with a crowd. Of course it doesn't matter that a large percentage of expats are in the high risk category.

Edited by JensenZ
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

If  it doesnt work this time Ill  just ignore it until visa renewal time and  then tell em I aint coming into their festering covid  den............then pay the fine after moaning to them about it, not that they give a sheite

And then she will not approve of your 'festering covid den' rant, take your 2000 baht fine and deny your visa extension............ 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

So sick of these 90 day report threads.

People chipping in with ..."worked for me no problem" etc etc.

It works for some and not for others. Simple as that. 

The other thing that's more annoying is an OP that starts a thread and adds NOTHING. (hope I didn't miss post) 

I mentioned report by mail in earlier post.

It's best fall back option especially if immigration office is not handy.

Absolutely! And the fact is there are dozens of threads here, so all the info is available, without making a 'it works' or 'it doesn't work' post, along with posts as to why the system does/does not work and did/did not work for someone. People are also missing that this issue is like real estate; location, location, location...where are you doing your 90-day reporting biz at? Which most 'online system working or not working' posts don't mention.

Edited by rwilem
Spell
  • Like 1

As a previous poster stated, I've also been using the website successfully, but just renewed my extension in July and now it doesn't work for me. All of my info is the same as it's always been, but the few times I got past the first screen, just got a blank page; and yes, I waited. Other times got the pop-up on the first page to go to immigration. Tried over 3 days. Chrome saves all my form data, so I know I'm doing the same as I've always done. Also tried Edge.

Anyway, went to immigration today and got my 90 day slip. Whatever.

5 hours ago, JensenZ said:

This really is absurd. The Pattaya Immigration office was packed with people doing 90-day reports because they couldn't do it online. It used to be a 5 minute job for me, but today it was almost an hour in a busy office. First queue up to get in (no distancing here), then enter a packed office to hand in my passport and get a ticket to go back outside again to wait in a busy waiting area. They certainly are trying their best to increase the rate of covid infections. The immigration offices will be become super-spreader facility if this continues.

I actually anticipated that, due to the current huge infection rate, that there would be a notice outside saying that 90-day reporting has been temporarily suspended, but no, it was worse and slower than ever, forcing me to spend a lot of time in close social contact with a crowd. Of course it doesn't matter that a large percentage of expats are in the high risk category.

I did mine also today in person  ,

but i did even not entered the office , as at the entrance door a lady officer collect passport and reason to come, and give a plastic number  to wait under the shaded covid distanced seat area , with a big fan cooling , after some time another lady officer bring a basket  passports outside to deliver us .

At 2'30 it did not took an hour , but true not a 5 in. job as before .

In a few weeks same procedure for ret.ext. ? 

5 hours ago, david555 said:

I did mine also today in person  ,

but i did even not entered the office , as at the entrance door a lady officer collect passport and reason to come, and give a plastic number  to wait under the shaded covid distanced seat area , with a big fan cooling , after some time another lady officer bring a basket  passports outside to deliver us .

At 2'30 it did not took an hour , but true not a 5 in. job as before .

In a few weeks same procedure for ret.ext. ? 

"it did not took an hour"? Maybe I didn't take exactly one hour. It might have been somewhere between 45 and 59 minutes.

I arrived there sometime between 2pm and 3pm (can't remember the exact time) and everyone went inside. There was no door lady collecting passports - the door lady was restricting entrance to a certain number of people at a time. I had to hand my passport to the very friendly officer at the front desk inside. There was a long queue when I arrived. People in the queue, both inside and out were not distanced, but bunched up close together. People were literally brushing past me near the door, nearly stepping on my toes.

But we digress. It's not how many minutes we were there, but that we shouldn't even be there, congregating in a public place with lots of other people for a mundane and very unimportant task that could have very easily been suspended while we are in a lockdown period.... and the other point that online reporting is not working for most people, a pathetic state of affairs as Thailand exceeds 20k infections per day. I will repeat - the majority of expats reporting are elderly and in the high risk category for contracting covid-19 delta (including myself).

If this is the way government departments handle their affairs, by openly flaunting all social distancing regulations and creating super-spreader facilities, we are in trouble.

6 hours ago, frantick said:

As a previous poster stated, I've also been using the website successfully, but just renewed my extension in July and now it doesn't work for me. All of my info is the same as it's always been, but the few times I got past the first screen, just got a blank page; and yes, I waited. Other times got the pop-up on the first page to go to immigration. Tried over 3 days. Chrome saves all my form data, so I know I'm doing the same as I've always done. Also tried Edge.

Anyway, went to immigration today and got my 90 day slip. Whatever.

I know its too late for you this time, buy maybe you could try entering all your data manually from scratch and not use the autofill function of the browser. I had a problem with autofill but when I entered everything manually, I was successful. 

1 hour ago, JensenZ said:

"it did not took an hour"? Maybe I didn't take exactly one hour. It might have been somewhere between 45 and 59 minutes.

I arrived there sometime between 2pm and 3pm (can't remember the exact time) and everyone went inside. There was no door lady collecting passports - the door lady was restricting entrance to a certain number of people at a time. I had to hand my passport to the very friendly officer at the front desk inside. There was a long queue when I arrived. People in the queue, both inside and out were not distanced, but bunched up close together. People were literally brushing past me near the door, nearly stepping on my toes.

But we digress. It's not how many minutes we were there, but that we shouldn't even be there, congregating in a public place with lots of other people for a mundane and very unimportant task that could have very easily been suspended while we are in a lockdown period.... and the other point that online reporting is not working for most people, a pathetic state of affairs as Thailand exceeds 20k infections per day. I will repeat - the majority of expats reporting are elderly and in the high risk category for contracting covid-19 delta (including myself).

If this is the way government departments handle their affairs, by openly flaunting all social distancing regulations and creating super-spreader facilities, we are in trouble.

I was same time aprox there yesterday and indeed some went inside but me and some others had collecting passports and directed to the waiting area ....maybe they restrict up to a certain number inside?

Anyway i had that different approach ...i can not say different .

I hope in a few weeks for ret.ext. i can go inside to desk 8 , as it takes a more personal approach ...example if bankbook and documents sometimes need on a page a forgotten signing or tel number to correct ....if would sit outside it could take a much "in & out " for that lady with risk bankbook or passport could get lost ????

However the waiting outside is indeed more covid safe

Edited by david555