Mosquitoes ????

Kanada

8 hours ago, internationalism said:

I have refused to pay for this lazada 839b trap.

Parcel was very small and very light. I did expect something substantial, several kg and cubic feet size box.

I need with transformer and plug, not usb. Will look on lazada at the other shops

I initiated a return. Not sure how that will go. Even if I send it back and don't get the refund, well, won't be any MORE of a loss. Just won't have that piece of garbage sitting around. Did you refuse the delivery after reading of my experience, by chance? Though I noted how light the box was, I was not quick enough on my feet to refuse the delivery.

Edited by bamboozled

11 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

I initiate a return. Not sure how that will go. Even if I send it back and don't get the refund, well, won't be any MORE of a loss. Just won't have that piece of garbage sitting around. Did you refuse the delivery after reading of my experience, by chance? Though I noted how light the box was, I was not quick enough on my feet to refuse the delivery.

Don’t worry…there’s no one here who didn’t have a basement full of things over the years that they shouldn’t have bought…didn’t really need…changed their minds about….or bought on impulse ????…that’s what basements and garages were for????

That is back when we had basements!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

I initiate a return. Not sure how that will go. Even if I send it back and don't get the refund, well, won't be any MORE of a loss. Just won't have that piece of garbage sitting around. Did you refuse the delivery after reading of my experience, by chance? Though I noted how light the box was, I was not quick enough on my feet to refuse the delivery.

If fake it could also be a lifesaver to not use - had another model (copy of Black Hole) several years ago that the cheap plastic fan caught fire and entire plastic case became an open flame - luckily was during day in occupied room so no major damage but could have been serious.  Bought this model specifically because of the computer grade fan system and Japanese made light (unit itself made in Taiwan).  Suspect Black Hole brand would also be good but again very expensive and many fakes/copies.   Below is what lamp and fan should look like on real Portoti PR-25MB and the item itself out of stock at 899 baht is same dealer I bought from.  They seem to have a new water drowning type for about 1,600 that is probably good but can not be sure and highly advise not buying really cheap units do to fire dangers.

https://www.lazada.co.th/shop-outdoor/portoti/?spm=a2o4m.pdp_revamp.0.0.f6c116a34NsEpw

27 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

If fake it could also be a lifesaver to not use - had another model (copy of Black Hole) several years ago that the cheap plastic fan caught fire and entire plastic case became an open flame - luckily was during day in occupied room so no major damage but could have been serious.  Bought this model specifically because of the computer grade fan system and Japanese made light (unit itself made in Taiwan).  Suspect Black Hole brand would also be good but again very expensive and many fakes/copies.   Below is what lamp and fan should look like on real Portoti PR-25MB and the item itself out of stock at 899 baht is same dealer I bought from.  They seem to have a new water drowning type for about 1,600 that is probably good but can not be sure and highly advise not buying really cheap units do to fire dangers.

https://www.lazada.co.th/shop-outdoor/portoti/?spm=a2o4m.pdp_revamp.0.0.f6c116a34NsEpw

Looking at those pics, the fan in the one I have looks more like the one on the left, that is, it has a housing around it. But the lights are those LED lights. Hmm, all the talk on here that the light does not attract the mosquitos so maybe UV or LED doesn't matter? I don't know anymore. What is supposed to kill the mosquito in this thing, anyway? Just trapping them in the bottom? The cost is ridiculous. You could make this set-up yourself for about 100 baht that probably would work better. Small fan, container, screen, and a light. Hmm, I might do it! No word back yet from the seller. Does Lazada intervene in these cases or is it just between me and the seller directly?

On 8/4/2021 at 9:20 AM, Mickeymaus said:

I think the only real fix if you want to sit outside at night is the Florida way - a big net. In respect of electric zappers with light. They will not attract mosquitoes but will kill endless other insects that are attracted by light. 

Since you mentioned the Florida way, at least in Naples, most houses have a Lanai.  These are indispensable for any homeowner.  

Screened-Lanai-with-Pool.jpg.94a4c77910575fa07490b51b022b3798.jpg

• Like 1