Who has a confirmed appointment via Expatvac website?

Thailand

I have seen one report on here of someone receiving a a date of Friday 6th for Bang Sue, the recipient lives in an adjacent province, no vaccine stated.

Plus, a different poster asking how to change or cancel an expatvac appointment also at Bang Sue, the reason is stated as being unknown origin of an AZ vaccine being offered.( presumably for future travel issues )

Edited by Andrew Dwyer

28 minutes ago, ruddick said:

Registered Sunday morning.

Still waiting.

Same.

Only seen one reference here to an appointment, at Bang Sue on the 6th, via the new expatvac "channel".

It feels like the hand-off from the DCA/MoF to the MoPH hasn't gone so well.

Have seen a couple of posts who have friends with appointments on the 8th , but there’s a lot of confusion about who has registered for expatvac or MedPark or elsewhere etc.

So far no concrete posts with proof.

This just in :

8F203F3B-2CC3-4A28-BB3A-0546BAA1C855.jpeg.9d3cea3474126d2a1163a22e5c3b8d42.jpeg

I believe that the Pfizer is being tested and prepared for a Aug 10th rollout, no proof of that for Expatvac but MedPark is a good indicator imho.

Edited by Andrew Dwyer
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, peleid said:

I read somewhere they were expecting the first appointments to be 10th or 11th

And that someone will inform of us of that? I mean before the appointment?

I think most expect the next step will be an email with an appointment day/date/time/location, and to which we must reply/confirm within 24 hours.

Most expect these to be administered at Bang Sue Grand RR station, for those in/around Bangkok.

Many are following this gentleman on Twitter:

Tanee Sangrat
@SangratTanee
At 6PM Aug 3:                   Expatvac registered 35,455  Blow 60: 27,662 | 60over: 7,793
Pregnant: 143 | Health 2,500                              Over 1/3 registered - GreatBKK
MFA+MOPH r coordinating on notification, site+date for vac.

And this reply in that thread:

Tanee Sangrat
@SangratTanee
·
21h
Chances are good.  It’s the purpose of having the Expatvac registration.  I can’t say how exactly the vaccines will be distributed.  It’s up to MOPH and provincial health offices.

2 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

I registered as soon as I read about it a few days back so far I’ve heard nothing the same as the Chiang Mia wall nothing

I am also in Chiang Mai and I am in the same situation as you.  I am also registered as having one of the medical conditions which should put me at the top of both lists and I am 74 years old.  I also worked and paid taxes in Thailand for 30 years.  Sadly none of that seems to matter.

1 hour ago, ronjomtien said:

I don't have private transportation so how can I get to Bang Sue from pattaya this month.

Is GrabCar an option for you? 

Maybe make a plan with the driver for him to wait, and bring you back for the same fee.

• Thanks 1

All indications are Pfizer will start on 10th Aug , where is as yet unknown but presumably Bang Sue and might also be cross referencing with MedPark.

Hopefully more locations will be divulged, probably this weekend imo.

I wonder if those claiming a 6th and 8th of Aug appointment had already registered with Bang Sue ? These I suspect will be AZ.

Without any confirmation of course this is all guesswork.

So the Pfizer vaccine, universally accepted as a very good vaccine however what are everyone's thoughts on the chain of custody and maintaining the -70 degrees Centigrade temperature once it is passed over to Thailand at the point of entry?

There is a definite risk of the vaccine being rendered useless if its not kept within the correct environmental conditions. Maybe I'm being too paranoid!!

• Like 1