Who has a confirmed appointment via Expatvac website?

Thailand

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

got an email from expatvac  ...

So did many !!

But if yours actually says a confirmation of date, location and vaccine it would be helpful to post a snapshot .

Not being funny @steven100 but a few already have claimed the above but so far no one has shown anything in writing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

So did many !!

But if yours actually says a confirmation of date, location and vaccine it would be helpful to post a snapshot .

Not being funny @steven100 but a few already have claimed the above but so far no one has shown anything in writing.

aha .....  no sorry for the miscommunication Andrew, I got an email that basically indicates they will send me a confirmation appointment date and time /  and it only stands for 24hrs .   

I doubt you want to see that one ....  but if you do i can post.   tks

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

aha .....  no sorry for the miscommunication Andrew, I got an email that basically indicates they will send me a confirmation appointment date and time /  and it only stands for 24hrs .   

I doubt you want to see that one ....  but if you do i can post.   tks

Okay, that’s the information we are all waiting for, as per the title of this topic .

• Like 1

Just now, ronjomtien said:

Sorry did not say cannot afford 2500b

Are you a registered patient at BPH? If so, and over 60, etc., you may qualify for a free AZ jab via this link if still available appointment times.

https://healthrisk.bangkokpattayahospital.com/rvi_covid/rvi_add.php?fbclid=IwAR3gjxvyzylikklW0IA85gBWFjBOWkui0dlqRWM4pEnaoa1SfWCmTWOMqRg

Even if not registered, maybe you can go to BPH for a simple consultation (cost should be less than a taxi fare to Bangkok?), get registered as a patient. That might work.

Registered on 2nd but no reply, not that I expected one.

However, a family member is a medic in BKK and offered me an AZ, but as I am in Khon Kaen I declined. Reason being, I am 80 and I feel safer where I am.  

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

That's because no one has received an appointment yet.

D'oh.

Hence the questions in the first post -Doh!

Edited by Thailand

I'm over 60 in BKK. I registered at Medpark (a hospital I can walk to) on 01/08/21, expressing a preference for Pfizer, for an appointment on 10/08/21 but didn't get the immediate confirmation email that others were getting (I did wonder if it was because I'd also booked and paid for Moderna at MedPark and the system had rejected my booking because of that).  As such I also registered at Expatvac on the same date.

Walked over to Medpark on 02/08/21 and staff confirmed I did have an appointment booked on 10/8/21 (apparently a systems glitch was rejecting my email address so I did not get the confirmation).  Subsequently received an email from Expatvac on 03/08/21 with a link to confirm an appointment which you have to do within 24 hours.  Clicked the link, appointment was for AZ at Bang Sue on 06/08/21. Really didn't fancy Bang Sue given the pictures of the crowding and Pfizer is preferable to me given that, unlike the local AZ, it is on the 'acceptable vaccine' list for travel to the EU, plus I now had the confirmed booking at Medpark.  I'm also taking my wife to Bang Rak on the 6th (the same time as the Expat Vac appointment) for her vaccination so the 6th was a no go in any event..

When you get the appointment link it will tell you that if the date is not convenient you can elect to request an alternative appointment date (once only) or to cancel the appointment.  I'm hoping the Medpark appointment will go without a hitch but TIT so, just in case, I requested an alternative appointment from Expatvac hoping that it would be a) after the 10th, b) Pfizer, and c) preferably not Bang Sue, giving me a fallback if Medpark cancels or falls through for any other reason.  Yet to receive the alternative appointment which I'm hoping will not come for a few more days.

Yet to hear anything about the Moderna booking but if the Pfizer jab goes ahead I'll either take the refund if I don't get it because of them being over-subscribed or pass the vaccine on to someone else.  If I do get Pfizer I also wouldn't be surprised if that information will be available to those doing the Moderna short list and they'll chop me automatically, that said, inter-departmental communication I've never found to be a strong point here.

1.png

Edited by SooKee

On 8/5/2021 at 6:53 AM, TheFishman1 said:

I registered as soon as I read about it a few days back so far I’ve heard nothing the same as the Chiang Mia wall nothing

Registered last Sunday (01/08). Received mail confirmation  of registering, I'm based in Chonburi.....