Cannot complete a Lazada purchase

Pinot

In the past week I've been unable to complete a purchase transaction on anything on Lazada. I get a notice that they can't complete the transaction and the order will say "Payment Pending". When I try and complete the payment now, the same things happens. 

Anyone else having a problem?

20 hours ago, Pinot said:

Anyone else having a problem?

I think it is Lazada who has a software bug somewhere ...

On some days I simply cannot log in , they never send the security code to my phone or email .

I buy from shopee then ... som nam nah ...

• Like 1

Yes, I have been unable to complete a purchase using a Kasikorn Debit card too.  I tried for over a week.  Then the "Help" sent this message to me:

We do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please kindly provide me the evidence to proceed further investigation.

- Picture of ID card or Passport
- 6 first digits and last 4 digits of credit card
- Picture of credit card (back & forth)
- 1 month statement
After receiveing all of the above evidence, I will coordinate to related team taking 3 - 5 business days. 
Then I'll update you in your registered email with Lazada.

Kindly reply to this email back within 48 hours otherwise your request will be automatically closed by the system.

Needless to say I am not engaging with this puerile attempt to get everything necessary to commit fraud on my account.  I changed the order to COD and it duly arrived after a few days.  What rubbish after I've bought over a hundred items using the card.  Ridiculous.

Laz-Sad-Pay.jpg

• Confused 1

On a few occasions recently despite making the purchase it will not progress to the payment stage.

If I close and log in again the page sometimes appears

Suspect it’s some software problem.

Only seems to happen when I have been redirected to another site.

I usually pay by direct debit and had no problems, however last week, the system had changed, and I got the same message.
I tried again ordering it, same message.
I rang my bank and found the problem was that ref-1 should be my bank reference, not the order reference.
Second order successful, and 1st order self cancelled after 72 hours. 
Lazada was not clear on what the ref-1 should be. (ref-2 is your phone number)

1 hour ago, DiDiChok said:

Yes, I have been unable to complete a purchase using a Kasikorn Debit card too.  I tried for over a week.  Then the "Help" sent this message to me:

We do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please kindly provide me the evidence to proceed further investigation.

- Picture of ID card or Passport
- 6 first digits and last 4 digits of credit card
- Picture of credit card (back & forth)
- 1 month statement
After receiveing all of the above evidence, I will coordinate to related team taking 3 - 5 business days. 
Then I'll update you in your registered email with Lazada.

Kindly reply to this email back within 48 hours otherwise your request will be automatically closed by the system.

Needless to say I am not engaging with this puerile attempt to get everything necessary to commit fraud on my account.  I changed the order to COD and it duly arrived after a few days.  What rubbish after I've bought over a hundred items using the card.  Ridiculous.

Laz-Sad-Pay.jpg

Amazing! They didn't want much, did they?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

On some days I simply cannot log in , they never send the security code to my phone or email .

I sometimes do and sometimes don't receive an email from Lazada confirming my order, but when I check My Account on their site the order is being processed. Seems things are very hit and miss with them. And to keep things simple I always, always pay on delivery. If that isn't available from one vendor then I choose another.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StevieAus said:

On a few occasions recently despite making the purchase it will not progress to the payment stage.

It's not just me, apparently

22 hours ago, Pinot said:

I get a notice that they can't complete the transaction and the order will say "Payment Pending"

My wife is also seeing this as a seller.  She had an order from day before yesterday come through with the order status  saying "unpaid" in red.  Never seeing this before we assumed the buyer had not completed the payment part of the order.  Looking further I discovered in the order/customer details it mentioned it was a card transaction but said "payment pending" and "wait for status update"??  Late last night, 24 hours later, the order showed no payment warnings/pendings so I imagined the buyer must have just had some card problem but after reading your post it sounds like an Lazada internal problem.

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

Call the help line.

02-018-0200

Very helpful!

They want you to spend money.

Shoppee is very good  alternative and easier returns.

Thanks, I'll give them a call. I tried Chat but that was useless

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StevieAus said:

Several months ago I began receiving nonsense info for a product price, giving two prices or only installment options as well as other info that made no sense. Whilst raising the problem on this site I decided to try another browser, Brave instead of Edge, and it worked fine. Try that.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Thanks 1

I have COMPLETELY given up on Lazada. I used to live in Jomtien and had no problems. Several months ago I moved to Pattaya and there is no option to select the correct zip code (20150), and the condo I live in now has a confusing address. As a result, 80% of my purchases are returned as undeliverable. Not to mention the online chat with a live person is no longer available. You get their worthless AI (artificial idiot).

• Like 1

And now this morning I've tried to check the status of an order and the Lazada site refuses to display English. As I wrote earlier, their site is very much hit and miss. Like so much in Thailand, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I am constantly reminded of something a Korean tv producer I worked with here said, perfectly summing up Thailand in just six words - The standard here is so low.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I have COMPLETELY given up on Lazada. I used to live in Jomtien and had no problems. Several months ago I moved to Pattaya and there is no option to select the correct zip code (20150), and the condo I live in now has a confusing address. As a result, 80% of my purchases are returned as undeliverable. Not to mention the online chat with a live person is no longer available. You get their worthless AI (artificial idiot).

This with the online chat is not correct. It is still available. And I really have to say that this service is great. Wished that the app or the browser version would be great too. What drives me crazy at the app is that you can't copy text for translation and that it cannot handle screen rotation (because of charging I use my tablet often upside down). The browser version with its data warnings - forget it.

Edited by Mickeymaus

For the first time I am currently unable  to complete a purchase on AliExpress.

Stuck on a bouncy coffee cup in a pop-up window. Since late yesterday.

European credit card (amazon), always worked OK before.

I use my mobile banking to top up my Lazada wallet. I pay cheap items through that and COD expensive stuff. I like Shopee's payment system better it displays a QR code that I scan through my mobile banking app. Shopee's search function sucks so I use Lazada the most.

3 hours ago, kwak250 said:

I always use COD as the first few items i paid with a credit card the delivery driver told me to collect at the depot after 5pm but COD means they need to collect the cash so are more inclined to get the parcel to you at your door.

Yeah. I've had the same attempted runaround. For me going to their depot would be a 40km round trip. T'aint gonna happen. Used to be fine 'til they started their own delivery company. I will only use them if Shopee "no have".

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Same. They locked me out of my account and the OTP password never came and this led to me discovering that Shopee had a much more streamlined bank payment option.

Increasingly I find myself not bothering to use online services as after about two weeks the locking out and nagging for 'phone number starts.

Edited by mokwit
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, mahtin said:

For the first time I am currently unable  to complete a purchase on AliExpress.

Stuck on a bouncy coffee cup in a pop-up window. Since late yesterday.

European credit card (amazon), always worked OK before.

Just had one go through - UK banks visa debit card. Yesterday when I tried I got a "problem with the internet" message.

Edited by mokwit