O RETIREMENT VS. OA RETIREMENT VISA

3 hours ago, Nickelbeer said:

I do not use an agent to "bypass" the income requirement since my income is well above the stipulated amount. I use an agent to bypass the necessity of transferring 65 thousand baht  monthly to a Thai bank.

You are in fact using an agent to bypass the income requirement.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nickelbeer said:

Thinking like yours is part of the problem,. rather than the solution.  Thai Immigration must have you on their payroll.

I said:
 "Using an agent to bypass the income requirement is more or less harmless"

Your overreaction to my benign comment that was not directed at anyone in particular and the need for you to come out and say your income is "is well above the stipulated amount" is quite interesting. A skeptical person would be calling BS.

You should read through this topic carefully and maybe you'll get a handle on the context of why I made that comment in the first place.

On 8/11/2021 at 4:11 PM, CANSIAM said:

An O-A Visa with multiple entries can be ideal with complete open borders ( pre pandemic ) and you exit Thailand occasionally.  And of course the health insurance validity dates must match your permission to stay dates, if not your permission to stay stamp will only be granted to the validity of your health insurance on extensions of stay, not the full year....

Got my O-A extension coming up at CW in a couple of months, last year I used the cheapest company (LMG). Do you know how they manage this Insurance for the renewal - will LMG just offer an automatic renewal and issue a certificate once premium paid? I'm hoping the process will be simpler regarding validity dates on the second year of doing this as it's just a renewal. 

On 8/6/2021 at 8:47 AM, ubonjoe said:

They are putting together a change for OA visas and extensions but not for any other visas or extensions. It was in the news a couple of months ago.

Do you have any idea how soon this might happen? My O-A extension is late October, I guess visa reforms are on the backburner at the moment with so much else going on. 

7 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Got my O-A extension coming up at CW in a couple of months, last year I used the cheapest company (LMG). Do you know how they manage this Insurance for the renewal - will LMG just offer an automatic renewal and issue a certificate once premium paid? I'm hoping the process will be simpler regarding validity dates on the second year of doing this as it's just a renewal. 

They will renew your insurance that will be effective on the day your current policy ends.

I assume you current policy ends on the same day or the day after your extension of stay ends. If not your new extension will end on the day it expires.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Im sure insurance renewal is the same for most companies, confirm with them you want another year, pay them and get your certificate dated 2 or 3 days prior to going to CW ensuring health insurance validity dates align with your 1 year extension of stay date for O-A.  Make sure they  put your health insurance information in the immigration data base as well, Pacific Cross Health does this. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/5/2021 at 8:45 PM, fishtank said:

Obtain a Non Imm O Visa in your own country and apply for the extension in Thailand.

Or arrive in Thailand with a Tourist Visa or a Visa exempt Entry and apply for an extension in Thailand.

No rip off insurance will be needed.

I would also like to avoid those expensive Health insurances, When you mentioned that 'no rip of insurance will be needed' ..... are you referring to the health insurance for the Cat 0-A visa or are you referring to the Visa Exempt entry / Tourist visa? 

Can I avoid Health insurance or the rip of insurance you refer to when entering on the Tourist visa / visa exempt entry?

6 minutes ago, warburtonjt said:

Can I avoid Health insurance or the rip of insurance you refer to when entering on the Tourist visa / visa exempt entry?

Yes

You can apply for a non-o visa at a embassy or consulate and would only need 90 days of the 40/400k baht medical insurance.

But you still need the covid 19 insurance.

On 8/17/2021 at 12:10 AM, lamyai3 said:

Got my O-A extension coming up at CW in a couple of months, last year I used the cheapest company (LMG). Do you know how they manage this Insurance for the renewal

I contacted LMG Chiang Mai two months prior to insurance expiration and asked for a renewal package. This came by email in two days, filled it out, including payment info (US credit card), and emailed it back. Got the policy as a pdf to an email several days later, with LMG advising the e-policy was acceptable by Immigration, but the hard copy policy would follow in two weeks (which it did). Renewed my retirement extension yesterday, with no questions regarding the LMG policy surfacing.

Renewal price was as advertised a year earlier when I first got the policy (16,900 bt for age 76). Never filed a claim, so guess that contributed. But, yeah, just hope the requirement goes away in time for next year, tho' I won't hold my breath, as the insurance mafia is no doubt doing some serious lobbying to prevent their income source from drying up......

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JimGant said:

I contacted LMG Chiang Mai two months prior to insurance expiration and asked for a renewal package. This came by email in two days, filled it out, including payment info (US credit card), and emailed it back. Got the policy as a pdf to an email several days later, with LMG advising the e-policy was acceptable by Immigration, but the hard copy policy would follow in two weeks (which it did). Renewed my retirement extension yesterday, with no questions regarding the LMG policy surfacing.

Renewal price was as advertised a year earlier when I first got the policy (16,900 bt for age 76). Never filed a claim, so guess that contributed. But, yeah, just hope the requirement goes away in time for next year, tho' I won't hold my breath, as the insurance mafia is no doubt doing some serious lobbying to prevent their income source from drying up......

Thanks, good info.