Swiss tourist dead, believed raped, murdered in Phuket Sandbox

Jonathan Fairfield

Sandbox murder: Police chief due in Phuket today in bid to restore confidence

phuket-sandbox.png

Image: Daily News

Daily News reported that the chief of the Royal Thai Police General Suwat Chaengyodsuk will visit Phuket today as part of the investigation into the death of a female Swiss tourist.

The media said that the chief decided to go as the case was of high public interest being that of a foreigner in a tourist area.

And with the incident happening to a so called Sandbox tourist the whole credibility and confidence of the reopening of Thailand could be at stake. 

Also yesterday evening Pol Maj-gen Jiraphop Phuridech and other high profile police called in the crack Hanuman taskforce to help local Wichit officers in the investigation and ensure the culprit is apprehended speedily. 

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

And with the incident happening to a so called Sandbox tourist the whole credibility and confidence of the reopening of Thailand could be at stake. 

A sad event that saves face of those expecting more tourists. 

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, kickstart said:

I was thinking the same ,let's see if the B in B find her mobile phone in one of their  back garden,as i Kho Tao.

RIP poor lass.

Why not read the link before commenting.

A pair of denim shorts was found discarded nearby, as were a pair of Nike trainers and her phone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chang1 said:

Phone was found at the scene. 

Gotta wonder if the perp left the phone due to a possible tracker app in this case

And may come as a relief to any burmese that have the same app....I can see the police wanting the app removed should this turn out to be a thai -thus the loss of face etc

Covid could be the least or worries for some on Danger Island these days

Edited by Sticky Rice Balls
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Where do you get that info from, when the linked article says otherwise?

A pair of denim shorts was found discarded nearby, as were a pair of Nike trainers and her phone.

The comment I replied to was talking about what happened in ko tao  .no about this. 

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, paul1804 said:

Very sad for news for all including the ladies family!! Thailand should introduce the death penalty for crimes like this which are so dam sick!!! Rape alone is devastating for a lady but to also murder her. No place in the world for people that commit a  crime like this. I just hope the police find the real guilty person or persons and not a scape goat!

Thailand already has the death penalty for murder and drug trafficking.  The two Burmese convicted of the Koh Tao murder were sentenced to death.

Edited by brewsterbudgen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chang1 said:

A BBC documentary about the Kirsty Jones rape & murder in Chiang Mai said that the police tried to get a guide to give a sperms sample for a "DNA test". Luckily he refused so it is still unsolved.

You don't need a sperm sample to carry out a DNA test, a simple mouth swab will give the DNA result.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

All over the morning news now, and it seems that the story has also made the mainstream International news as a story.  Unfortunately not the news that Thailand or Phuket needed at this point in time especially since she was a tourist.

I wonder does Thailand have a large CSI lab to track down the killer or killers? If not it may be better to have than two submarine's.

• Like 1