Swiss tourist dead, believed raped, murdered in Phuket Sandbox

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, phetpeter said:

With the Island in lockdown it shouldn't take long to track her movements and and find the murderer.  

He/they might have already left the island for what its worth! It could have been any foreigner enrolled in the sandbox programme. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Sandbox murder: Police chief due in Phuket today in bid to restore confidence

phuket-sandbox.png

Image: Daily News

Daily News reported that the chief of the Royal Thai Police General Suwat Chaengyodsuk will visit Phuket today as part of the investigation into the death of a female Swiss tourist.

The media said that the chief decided to go as the case was of high public interest being that of a foreigner in a tourist area.

And with the incident happening to a so called Sandbox tourist the whole credibility and confidence of the reopening of Thailand could be at stake. 

Also yesterday evening Pol Maj-gen Jiraphop Phuridech and other high profile police called in the crack Hanuman taskforce to help local Wichit officers in the investigation and ensure the culprit is apprehended speedily. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

RTP have an A350...sweet. At least all this high level attention will likely produce some speedy results. Now if only this must energy was put into apprehending  "Boss."

• Like 2

6 hours ago, stevenl said:

Why? There have been more people killed here, there are people killed everywhere.

Because it’s a quarantine island, a rapist/murderer is now running free on Phuket and all tourists are stuck there for at least two weeks after they arrive 

• Sad 1

I have changed my opinion about capital punishment. There are a group of people who have no place at all in civil society ie violent rapists, murderers and violent people who ruin the lives of innocent people. I think we should adopt a harder stance against these monsters and kill them to protect innocent people. Of course there needs to be a proper trial rather than the pig circuses we often get, with proper evidence and no duress. But getting as life sentence in the UK for murder and you get out in a few years for good behaviour....sorry 7 years for murder or violent rape is no deterrent at all. 

• Like 2

Just now, Pedrogaz said:

I have changed my opinion about capital punishment. There are a group of people who have no place at all in civil society ie violent rapists, murderers and violent people who ruin the lives of innocent people. I think we should adopt a harder stance against these monsters and kill them to protect innocent people. Of course there needs to be a proper trial rather than the pig circuses we often get, with proper evidence and no duress. But getting as life sentence in the UK for murder and you get out in a few years for good behaviour....sorry 7 years for murder or violent rape is no deterrent at all. 

This happened in Thailand . 

4 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Thailand already has the death penalty for murder and drug trafficking.  The two Burmese convicted of the Koh Tao murder were sentenced to death.

The penalty may still be on the books but it hasn't been carried out in more than a decade to my knowledge. I remember an interesting article in the BP 10-15 years ago that profiled "Thailand's Last Executioner" about the man who supervised the firing squad that carried out the death penalty. Usually after all appeals are exhausted, a Royal commutation to life imprisonment is issued.

2 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

I bet that within two months, no one will remember as the news cycle moves on.

This won't affect tourism whatsoever, because Phuket doesn't have any tourists in numbers that will make a difference.

Ko Tao still got loads of tourists even after the brutal butchering of two young tourists.

Maybe right, time will tell.

20 minutes ago, BE88 said:

This lady was not a simple tourist is also Nicole Sauvain-Weisskopf, the 57-year-old assistant protocol chief of the Federal Assembly of Switzerland.

That wont go down well with Swiss people wanting to holiday in Thailand. 

• Like 2