Swiss tourist dead, believed raped, murdered in Phuket Sandbox

Jonathan Fairfield

14 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

You don't need a sperm sample to carry out a DNA test, a simple mouth swab will give the DNA result.

So where do you think the "sample" would have ended up? Hence why I brought it up. 

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Insensitive disgusting remark..................

Insensitive for the paper panty on face brigade? I agree.

I'm sorry for the lady. Murders happen everyday everywhere. Blaming Thailand for this is utterly stupid. Thailand is number 78 in murder rate index. USA is 55. Enough said.

Edited by Sundown
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, bougnat said:

It can only be a Burmese, a Thai is incapable of such a thing ....

Incapable of being convicted around tourist areas but outside them they are fair game.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

I wonder does Thailand have a large CSI lab to track down the killer or killers? If not it may be better to have than two submarine's.

If I remember correctly,  the top DNA expert got sidelined during the Kho Tao investigation. So there is expertise around but could be used selectively. It seems crime scenes don't get secured so evidence is often compromised.

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

R.I.P.

Thats not a good start, the percentage of real tourists that have arrived in Phuket from the 1st July on the Sandbox scheme is small, to have one of them murdered is not a good sign, particularly when its a lone female who had also been raped first.

Terrible news for the family and lets hope her ordeal and fate will lead to swift action by the police.

I'm sure the police will round up a couple illiterate Burmese labourers and pin it on them. I mean it worked in Ko Tao ????

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, harada said:

Back in the 1980’s I showed a picture of a young Aussie girl walking through a rain Forrest in Aust to my Thai gf she said “You can do this in Australia, if you do this in Phuket you can die”, (I did explain about someone taking the photo), but it was a a warning that I passed on to others over the years.

Except this was a 60 years old woman. She was probably dating some lowlife young guy. She was not first time in Phuket. I don't think she was having a walk in the park and was randomly murdered.

• Confused 5
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Are you a Human ?

Do you do it all the time ?

Didn't say I did it.

Are you denying that the attacker was human?

Humans murder. It's just a fact. Started with Cain and Able (if you believe in such things) and continues to this day?

What kind of monster did this? Look in the mirror; they'll look just like you.

3 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Finally a genuine tourist then this. ???? 

It's full of genuine tourist in Phuket. I'm fully baffled by it but you have complete familie coming over for 10 days or so. crazy.

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

R.I.P.

Thats not a good start, the percentage of real tourists that have arrived in Phuket from the 1st July on the Sandbox scheme is small, to have one of them murdered is not a good sign, particularly when its a lone female who had also been raped first.

Terrible news for the family and lets hope her ordeal and fate will lead to swift action by the police.

What would be the difference between a "real tourist" and a "fake tourist" in terms of what the sandbox is trying to aim for..??

59 minutes ago, harada said:

Thai gf she said “You can do this in Australia, if you do this in Phuket you can die”

but why is that?

i noticed similar cases in south america. woman raped and murdered when they travel

alone in nature. is it because of poverty? machoism?

my theory is that in those woods there are homeless / mentally ill

people living there, and tourists do now know about them.

Edited by SCOTT FITZGERSLD

1 minute ago, KarenBravo said:

Didn't say I did it.

Are you denying that the attacker was human?

Humans murder. It's just a fact. Started with Cain and Able (if you believe in such things) and continues to this day?

What kind of monster did this? Look in the mirror; they'll look just like you.

I wasn't suggesting that Humans don't commit murder or that this person wasnt a human , just pointing out that humans  dont murder all the time . 

3 hours ago, pagallim said:

Yes, the resort ("The Moorings", it's a collection of bungalows) is very close.   Probably no more than 800 metres or so as the crow flies.

20210806_080213.jpg

Looking at the area I would say someone has spotted her as she turned off the main road or as she walked along the road through the wooded area . They then waited until in very secluded area before attacking her . 
I would guess someone who knows the area very well and possibly lives in the area near centre of photo .

1 hour ago, harada said:

Back in the 1980’s I showed a picture of a young Aussie girl walking through a rain Forrest in Aust to my Thai gf she said “You can do this in Australia, if you do this in Phuket you can die”, (I did explain about someone taking the photo), but it was a a warning that I passed on to others over the years.

And forty years later , she has been proven to be right .

Are you still friends with her ?

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Plenty other places to visit. Why would anyone go somewhere with this sort of thing going on. Google tourist murders in Thailand and the murders in Koh Tao are top of the list of 528,000 results. The following are not happy reading either.

Where does "this sort of thing" not happen? 

2 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

Why does that matter? Seems she was killed and raped where the body was found.

Because i geuss there are no cameras at the waterfalls but maybe by tracing her steps there are cameras on the way and they can see if she has been followed by someone or with someone ??? Or you think they catch killers only by evidence at the scene of the crime ??? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dougiemac52 said:

Should be able to narrow it down by tracing the app if indeed they are actually working ????

Depends. 

How long has she been dead for? Knowing her location and whereabouts is one thing, but you want to know who did it and what there movements were