Swiss tourist dead, believed raped, murdered in Phuket Sandbox

Jonathan Fairfield

I am NOT an armchair sleuth, an amateur Sherlock. But perhaps we should examine other possibilities, something out of the box, maybe.

What occurs to me, simplistically maybe, is that the Swiss lady was befriended in or around her resort accommodation, by, possibly, a Westerner.

They choose to go for a walk together to the waterfall area, and he decides to try his luck. She refuses his advances and one thing leads to another. Once the guy has raped her, there is a kind of no turning back . . . 

Would the perp have hung around, or hopped on the first flight out of Phuket? Possibly the RTP should start examining those who checked out of their hotels early, or examine the passenger manifests on flights over the past few days, to narrow the search down?

Edited by allanos
typo
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What measures do you think should be taken to stop this kind of thing from happening ?

Well of course there is no single fix or group of measures that can fix a sick society (for example the 'rape pandemic/culture' in India).   In practical terms, it'll be unpopular, but highly visible campaigns for locals and visitors along the lines of what you'd see in a lot of train stations or bus stations around the world : frequent and in your face signage *to be wary of pickpockets/solicitors/etc.* (beware of murderers/rapists/don't hitchhike here/watch your beverage signs here as needed).   Also, right at the airport and at all hotels, yearly crime stats (I recall seeing a rather public sign on Orchard Rd. in SG years ago that announced a 'crime alert' that included the date and location of the incident (although that was just a petty crime type announcement).   This way you get a mix of putting the onus on locals to hopefully change/prevent things if they can and also putting visitors on guard right out of the arrivals hall.

Edited by Heng
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ginner said:

Problem is: they will be under extreme pressure to close this case as fast as possible, how many Burmese, Vietnamese or Cambodians live around that area? because according to the police "Thais would not possible do anything like this".

exactly, if i were one of those migrants living there right now, i'd be traveling back to my country ASAP! 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Shocked farang said:

Phuket is not, has never been a paradise island. In fact it's full of weirdos who pray on innocent tourists, just like Pattaya. 

Yes, i agree. the tourist spots are the most unsafe places in this  country 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, harada said:

Back in the 1980’s I showed a picture of a young Aussie girl walking through a rain Forrest in Aust to my Thai gf she said “You can do this in Australia, if you do this in Phuket you can die”, (I did explain about someone taking the photo), but it was a a warning that I passed on to others over the years.

Well Ivan curtailed a lot of that for any young person.

2 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

I think once media cover all around the world Phuket have no tourists.

What "all around the world"? ??? Most of the rest of the world doesn't give flying you know what about a single death in Phuket with over 4 million deaths in the last 18 months from CV-19 alone  "all around the world"! You realize the earth does not revolve around Thailand don't you?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nobodysfriend said:

I guess that you refer to my post where I said that she should not have gone there alone ...?

That would have been a simple matter of precaution and does not have anything to do with  ' victim blaming ' .

Yeah, right, sure. 

• Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Shocked farang said:

Phuket is not, has never been a paradise island. In fact it's full of weirdos who pray on innocent tourists, just like Pattaya. 

When was the last time a tourist was raped and murdered in Pattaya? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Thumbs said:

Because it’s a quarantine island, a rapist/murderer is now running free on Phuket and all tourists are stuck there for at least two weeks after they arrive 

I think it's a little naive to think there are no rapist/murderers on the island. It's quite a big place with many people. There more nutcases walking on the island. Just one nutcase just went off. Ofcourse people will be aware and catious now. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

When was the last time a tourist was raped and murdered in Pattaya? 

Last year August. But many murders happen in Pattaya (excluding the rape). 

Edit; Apologies, I didn't see you meant only tourist. In that case, April 2019. German school teacher.

Edited by Eibot
Not read properly