Messed up My Non-O Retirement Yet Again

interesting is an under statement>
I like Kep, u do need ur own entertainment thou or head to Kampot

as soon as borders open have a few trips planned, to areas of Burma have not yet visited an Bhutan

On 8/8/2021 at 11:22 AM, Mike Teavee said:

Works out to be less than 150THB per week which is reasonable to me but others may choose to spend their money differently & I wouldn't argue with them about that.

Comes down to what you value most, your money or your time (I know which one I can't make more of).

Turns out it was 7,000 THB very well spent as I managed to extend yesterday (44 days early) whereas some guys who were there on their own were told to come back no more than 3 days before the end of their current permission to stay... 

ImmigrationAnnouncement.jpg

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/important-announcement/

I can only imagine the chaos that will happen during the 3 days prior to 26th September given most of us who extended last August/September were given extra days to take us to 26th Sept (I was given an extra 7 days from my  permission to stay date of 19th September 2020).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Turns out it was 7,000 THB very well spent as I managed to extend yesterday (44 days early) whereas some guys who were there on their own were told to come back no more than 3 days before the end of their current permission to stay... 

ImmigrationAnnouncement.jpg

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/important-announcement/

I can only imagine the chaos that will happen during the 3 days prior to 26th September given most of us who extended last August/September were given extra days to take us to 26th Sept (I was given an extra 7 days from my  permission to stay date of 19th September 2020).

What would happen if your app was denied?  Large overstay fine?

1 hour ago, atpeace said:

There is no likelihood of an overstay when you apply 44 days early and are asked to come back shortly before expiry of your permission to stay. Mainly, there is just the aggravation of a wasted trip to and from Immigration, plus the wasted hours spent there. It is true that applying early, and having the application accepted (whether using the services of an agent or not) provides a measure of reassurance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, atpeace said:

Technically I would have had to have gone back 3 days before 26th September but as I'm moving to Wongamat at the end August I would have done the extension at Jomtien immigration (who I believe are still allowing people to extend 45 days in advance) once my TM30 was registered.      

I just wanted the extension done & out of the way before moving as it's one less thing I need to sort out when I make the move. 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1