Build for around 2 million

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Suggest you be here when they are building so you see the materials being used are as per the specifications and anything your don't like can be raised as opposed to coping it on the chin, (you've been warned).

2 mil for a single level 3 + 3 shouldn't be an issue, although you should consider high ceilings, 3 metres if possible, wider eaves of say 900-1200mm, good quality sisalation and insolation, whirly birds on the roof to extract the hot air in the roof space, use the big blonde bricks, if you can pay a little extra and make it a cavity wall even better, cement slab, steel roof so to avoid termites and as to keep the place cooler when it's hot, which is most days.

Building a house is easy, you just throw money at them, but getting the build right in this climate is imperative otherwise it will have to be done later and at a greater expense.

In other words no point in building a hot box, sure air conditioners will keep them cool, but I prefer natural with limited air con use so as not to have dry eyes, soar throat and the bigger electricity bills.

Fantastic advise . This will all be taken on board . I’m the same I don’t particularly like air con . 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have a decent inexpensive builder recommendation in Easter Seaboard area? Chonburi, Rayong etc.

Our previous builder ran off with about 200k. He has left things like this just before monsoon.

Want to continue building asap ????

Edited by Rimmer
picture removed per OP request
  • Sad 3